Roast Stop Watching

Remove this Banner Ad

docko911

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Can I please ask all Richmond fans unhappy with the rules of the game and apparent disadvantage we receive to not watch another game of AFL this round or next. It may be a small group but until it hits their bottom line the AFL campaignermission won’t do a bloody thing. Also, cancel any month to month Kayo subscription you have (if it’s about to run out) until our next game or anything similar. Give them the least revenue possible! The stupid overpaid arrogant Ponca campaigners like Gillionaire I don’t know a ******* thing about sport Mc**********

The free kicks were even ( although too many )
And Warner booted the ball after the siren

Big Deal

Richmond Should have held on to their 5 goal lead and not kicked so many points in the last quarter
Was a fair result from a neutral point of view

I don’t think the opening post is relying on events tonight as the main justification Madas. You wouldn’t get the context properly. I don’t like being inhospitable to opposition supporters, but you need to straighten your ideas up a bit to be posting here.

We get robbed on a weekly basis. 😩

Big Deal

Richmond Should have held on to their 5 goal lead and not kicked so many points in the last quarter
214 - 279 is the free-kick count this season from what I know. It's a systematic issue and not just based on one game.

Big Deal

You are a Freo supporter - less than neutral sorry.

Big Deal

go back to the freo board you SHEEP

Big Deal

It’s applicable beyond Richmond but we seem to be the most impacted by recent rule changes. I hate greed, I hate corruption and the AFL absolutely stink of both, only interested in looking after their bottom line and media buddies. The fans should matter the most, game is s**t to watch.

Thank you for not having a good at me , I wasn’t trying to have a go at Richmond
It’s good to see them back playing exciting footy , that was a good game .

I’m glad the umps didn’t call that 50 …. THAT … would have been ridiculous, corrupt and a travesty .

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot any supporter would be livid .

On the bigger picture of the AFL I’m not sure what to say , Richmond have 3 recent premierships so they can’t be that out of favour ?
I’ll go away now , I don’t want to offend anyone .
If the shoe was on the other foot it would have been paid.

Now I'm not blaming the loss on that decision. At best we would have only drawn, which is nothing to celebrate over, especially given we were 30 points up.

You can't actually kick the ball into the crowd at any stage of the game and when the other team has been paid a free kick its an automatic 50m. The umpire was going to pay it then another ump interjected - Stevic and said no.

The Swans players looked resigned to it being paid.

Now you just watch the AFL come out and say that to the letter of the law it should have been 50m but given the circumstances at the time the umpires chose to use common sense, and in this case it was applied correctly.

To say it would have been corrupt is moronic at best.

Thank you for not having a good at me , I wasn’t trying to have a go at Richmond
It’s good to see them back playing exciting footy , that was a good game .

I’m glad the umps didn’t call that 50 …. THAT … would have been ridiculous, corrupt and a travesty .

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot any supporter would be livid .

On the bigger picture of the AFL I’m not sure what to say , Richmond have 3 recent premierships so they can’t be that out of favour ?
I’ll go away now , I don’t want to offend anyone .
Corrupt and travesty? Mate it’s 50m.

I don’t know how many times we’ve had a 50 paid when a player hasn’t heard the whistle and kicked a goal, but I can think of at least 5. Kicking a goal or booting the ball in the crowd to celebrate, there’s no difference, it’s 50 according to the rules.

I’d have no issue it not being paid if they weren’t so gung-ho to pay it against us and showed the supposed common sense they used on this occasion.

Corrupt and travesty? Mate it’s 50m.

I don’t know how many times we’ve had a 50 paid when a player hasn’t heard the whistle and kicked a goal, but I can think of at least 5. Kicking a goal or booting the ball in the crowd to celebrate, there’s no difference, it’s 50 according to the rules.

I’d have no issue it not being paid if they weren’t so gung-ho to pay it against us and showed the supposed common sense they used on this occasion.
\

I thought it was as much the way they came to the call that was shocking. We heard the whole exchange, it came across very poorly. Do the umps have head pieces in their ear? that final exchange would make more sense if they did. The umps seemed to come to the decision by pure accident

(Log in to remove this ad.)

214 - 279 is the free-kick count this season from what I know. It's a systematic issue and not just based on one game.

It's been going on for 6 years.

18th, 18th, 13th, 17th, 18th and 18th for free kick differentials. 2018, 2021 and now 2022 are the 3 worst years in the AFL era.

Big Deal

Take it to the main board where the fools might agree with you.

It's been going on for 6 years.

18th, 18th, 13th, 17th, 18th and 18th for free kick differentials. 2018, 2021 and now 2022 are the 3 worst years in the AFL era.
It really is a miracle from God that we won 3 flags when you look at the stats from the last 5 years. Our system stood up magnificently to counter act all the rules changes until this year where I feel the AFL have taken it to the next level. I cannot wait to see this year's GF decided by another 60 odd free kick fest while Gil chokes on his Chardonnay in the MCC members watching over his finest work yet.

Big Deal

What ya think of the Swans first goal or the free kick against Rioli in the 3rd?
Yes we have only ourselves to blame with the 50's etc but those are just 2 examples on how we get reamed every week.

i need my footy fix tho
shopping

Problem is there isn’t an organised supporters group to represent the member or fan. Soccer in Europe have them and when they raise ticket prices or other crap they get organised boycott games and protest. Next game imagine if the cheer squad didn’t turn up ?
This 100%. 👌

Problem is there isn’t an organised supporters group to represent the member or fan. Soccer in Europe have them and when they raise ticket prices or other crap they get organised boycott games and protest. Next game imagine if the cheer squad didn’t turn up ?

We need the cheers squad via the banner to step up! Something that creates a chant so as to be heard!

It's because AFL fans have no backbone and will toe the line like lemmings - and hand over their money too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back