Stopping the Tigers 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If that seems unfair to you, how would you like to see them distributed? Try constructing a draw which seems fair to you.
I do not have the expertise to work on it and, with respect, probably neither do you. But AFL pay good people to figure this stuff out and surely someone would scratch their head and go..."maybe we could alternate some of Richmonds fixture"

I don't reckon the Tigers playing at the mcg is the biggest factor, but the fact that they play in front of such large crowds more regularly helps the depth/youth/worst 8 in the 22 play out of their skin more. If West Coast had the right but not the obligation to purchase half the tix for any Richmond game might that help? You could leave half the stadium empty for that metricon vibe and it might level things out ;)

I don't reckon the Tigers playing at the mcg is the biggest factor, but the fact that they play in front of such large crowds more regularly helps the depth/youth/worst 8 in the 22 play out of their skin more. If West Coast had the right but not the obligation to purchase half the tix for any Richmond game might that help? You could leave half the stadium empty for that metricon vibe and it might level things out ;)
Last time we went to Metricon it turned out pretty well so I'm cool with that

nothing but incessant bating of their best players will go to it..
teling them they are s**t.. they are part of a s**t squad.. telling them all that tigers sleep hard and won't
wake up..

no won't that work.. ? well get over yourselves.. I will find a way...

This is actually the right answer! It's not travel that creates most home ground advantage, it's the crowd. That's why the 2nd biggest venue for home ground advantage is Kardinia Park, even though it's not far from Melbourne.

This is actually the right answer! It's not travel that creates most home ground advantage, it's the crowd. That's why the 2nd biggest venue for home ground advantage is Kardinia Park, even though it's not far from Melbourne.

Stop introducing facts and logic to BF. You keep doing this and look where it's got you!

Acknowledgement as being the author of one of the greatest BF threads of all time, and all round numbers nerd/guru.

Don't act so surprised ;)

Would it not be Perth then Adelaide next? Don't they usually max out?

Don't act so surprised ;)

Would it not be Perth then Adelaide next? Don't they usually max out?
It gets hard to split Home Ground Advantage numbers with any confidence when they're within a few points... but long-term, the top two are West Coast in Perth and Geelong at Kardinia, followed by the two South Australian sides, then Brisbane, then the rest.

To maximize HGA, you really want a large ground filled with 100% of your own supporters, all of whom are off their nut. This describes most Eagles & Cats home games, and more than a few of Richmond & Collingwood's MCG games against non-Vic opponents. The further you get away from that - like an empty stadium, or a more even mix of oppo supporters, or less rabid fans - the less HGA there seems to be.

You've forgotten round 1, danger game.

We don't play rnd 1.

We play a practice game on the Thursday, get 4 pts, and go straight to opening our season against Collingwood in rnd 2

I wonder who will play off in the prelim out of the big three. Hopefully WB play GWS and they bash the crap out of each other while Richmond get one the teams in the tier below.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond are so good that its nearest Rival is its own VFL team

So unfair the AFL really need to implement a system where there is a handicap for teams that get as dominant as the Tigers

I wonder who will play off in the prelim out of the big three. Hopefully WB play GWS and they bash the crap out of each other while Richmond get one the teams in the tier below.
Lions to force Tigers into an elimination final against bulldogs and the dogs send you home by a kick

Well this thread has descended into a Richmond circlejerk.

Well if you don't want to read it-- I've found a West Coast circle jerk that might suit you more:

What is interesting is the betting market

While Tigers are favourite to win the 2020 flag,they are a very open $5

That's not the price of an overwhelming favourite
Probably blew out a bit once Rance retired. Will come back in again as Rance makes his return no doubt.

It must really sting knowing that in reality, the reason your team handed over the cup to us was because of two brain farts late in the season.

1. The defensive howler at the MCG passing the ball directly to Riewoldt 20m out to kick the sealer.

2. The entire West Coast team shitting the bed vs a ninth placed Hawthorn who was a man down at qtr time at home to lose their double chance.

Win those two and the Eagles finish top with two home finals. Richmond loses the double chance and if by chance they win three in a row to get there, they face their toughest match up who has been well rested.

That Hawthorn match pretty much sealed the flag for us, but the Riewoldt gift also contributed.

West Coast were our biggest threat to beat us in 2019, but they beat themselves with some outright stupidity in those two games.

I’d be livid as a West Coast supporter as well and in typical fashion, lash out looking for any other excuse apart from their teams incompetence.

This is actually all 100% true.

West Coast fans are kicking themselves for shitting the bed in 2019 and letting a golden opportunity go to waste.

The way I tend to look at it is that all the pieces are in place for a big 2020. West Coast will be a better team in 2020 for a number of reasons, and we are in up to eyeballs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back