Stopping the Tigers 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Richmond have a better list otherwise they wouldn't have won 2 flags in 3 years. However WC can still go all the way in 2020, with the list we have. Just need to get a full seasons worth out of Kennedy he finally has had an injury free pre-season and a full season out of Nic Nat. Need some luck as well
Pretty hard to split them really. Both have their areas of strength. An Eagles V Tigers grand final would be awesome.

Fair enough, but to move from your bias for a second would you agree (or think) that wc have a better list than the Pies? - park the tigers list for a second.

Overall I rate the WC list better. Because of balance. And with Kelly they have a great midfield.

The Pies midfield is amazing, so deep and classy. After that it's a bit shaky. Defense good, not great. Forward line relies on mid and small players.

If the Pies can control the midfield I reckon they'll beat the Eagles. But if it's somewhat even in the midfield the Eagles overall quality should win them the game. So I tilt to the Eagles, largely because of Kelly in 2020. Kelly is that good I reckon he could take a top end midfield to the very top in 2020.

Hawthorn fell because of their lack of depth. After Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis were gone so was their window. Richmond seem to have slightly better depth but are far from having stars on every line. I'm 50/50 on their window continuing beyond this upcoming season.

Fair enough, but to move from your bias for a second would you agree (or think) that wc have a better list than the Pies? - park the tigers list for a second.
West Coast most certainly have the better list and i dont see Pies making top 4

Richmond
GWS
Bulldogs
Eagles

Not in that particular order is my top 4 in 2020

Overall I rate the WC list better. Because of balance. And with Kelly they have a great midfield.

The Pies midfield is amazing, so deep and classy. After that it's a bit shaky. Defense good, not great. Forward line relies on mid and small players.

If the Pies can control the midfield I reckon they'll beat the Eagles. But if it's somewhat even in the midfield the Eagles overall quality should win them the game. So I tilt to the Eagles, largely because of Kelly in 2020. Kelly is that good I reckon he could take a top end midfield to the very top in 2020.

• The Pies midfield is overrated, it's one paced and requires in game rotation to make it unpredictable (think JDG going in there)
  • The defence is probably uderrated, certainly not shaky - stingy would be a better word.
  • The forward line uses smalls and mid sized players because of how the Pies play, it is less reliant on a KP than most other teams. I wouldn't label it shaky.

• WC mids even before Kelly has been underrated
  • Defence and forwards don't need to be mentioned, top 1 or 2 for min.
For mine the Pies are clearly a rung below wc and gws, possibly tigers.

Collingwood have a better list than WCE. Better defence, midfield and ruck. Eagles have a better forward line. They have similar depth, but Pies probably just edge them.
Tenny, Tenny, Tenny, you have to let your hatred of all things WC go, it is starting to make you predictable with your posting outcomes.

Tenny, Tenny, Tenny, you have to let your hatred of all things WC go, it is starting to make you predictable with your posting outcomes.
Make a case as to why your list is better than Collingwood’s then. You act like your list is the greatest of all time while Collingwood are on the brink of folding. You know they finished above you on the ladder, right? And went deeper than you last season? They were a kick away from making a Grand Final. You were a game and 20 odd points. You have absolutely no right to scoff at my statement. They’ve gone past you.

Collingwood’s defence is very good. They conceded less points than West Coast did last year. I’m not sure how you could argue your defence is better than theirs? Langdon, Howe, Moore, Roughead, Crisp and Maynard is superior to Hurn, McGovern, Jetta, Sheppard, Barass and Rotham. Hurn and Jetta are on their last legs, Barass is awful, Sheppard and Gov are both very good. Collingwood’s defenders are all very good. They missed Moore, Langdon and Howe for large stints last season as well.

Their midfield of Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom and Phillips (with De Goey as a part timer) is one of the best in the comp and has yours covered. Grundy is also a top five player in the comp. Nic Nat is 50-100 and can’t even get on the park.

As for the forward line, it’s very close but I gave the nod to WCE as you have superior talls. However, it’s much of a muchness as Collingwood’s three smalls (Elliot, de Goey, Thomas and Stephenson) are better than your smalls (Cameron, Ryan, Cripps and Petrucelli).

Depth wise, yours is arguably bottom four depth in the competition where as Collingwood have a very deep list. Look how they covered their injuries in the past compared to you guys.

Again, they finished above you last season with a much, much, much bigger injury list. I know you’re forecasting your list to be better this season, but your judgment is clouded by bias. On exposed form, Collingwood have you well and truly covered.

Make a case as to why your list is better than Collingwood’s then. You act like your list is the greatest of all time while Collingwood are on the brink of folding. You know they finished above you on the ladder, right? And went deeper than you last season? They were a kick away from making a Grand Final. You were a game and 20 odd points. You have absolutely no right to scoff at my statement. They’ve gone past you.

Collingwood’s defence is very good. They conceded less points than West Coast did last year. I’m not sure how you could argue your defence is better than theirs? Langdon, Howe, Moore, Roughead, Crisp and Maynard is superior to Hurn, McGovern, Jetta, Sheppard, Barass and Rotham. Hurn and Jetta are on their last legs, Barass is awful, Sheppard and Gov are both very good. Collingwood’s defenders are all very good. They missed Moore, Langdon and Howe for large stints last season as well.

Their midfield of Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom and Phillips (with De Goey as a part timer) is one of the best in the comp and has yours covered. Grundy is also a top five player in the comp. Nic Nat is 50-100 and can’t even get on the park.

As for the forward line, it’s very close but I gave the nod to WCE as you have superior talls. However, it’s much of a muchness as Collingwood’s three smalls (Elliot, de Goey, Thomas and Stephenson) are better than your smalls (Cameron, Ryan, Cripps and Petrucelli).

Depth wise, yours is arguably bottom four depth in the competition where as Collingwood have a very deep list. Look how they covered their injuries in the past compared to you guys.

Again, they finished above you last season with a much, much, much bigger injury list. I know you’re forecasting your list to be better this season, but your judgment is clouded by bias. On exposed form, Collingwood have you well and truly covered.
On exposed form WC has beaten Collingwood in 4 of their last 5 outings. Including a gf

but they’ve had plenty of close encounters and there’s not much difference between the two teams

not much difference between the top 4 or 5 lists in the comp really.

love to know the logic behind rating WC depth amongst the worst in the league though

edit - just realised you went from us having similar depth with the Pies, to Collingwood having a far superior depth to us within two posts. Just run of the mill stuff from you I guess. Forget I asked

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On exposed form WC has beaten Collingwood in 4 of their last 5 outings. Including a gf

but they’ve had plenty of close encounters and there’s not much difference between the two teams

not much difference between the top 4 or 5 lists in the comp really.

love to know the logic behind rating WC depth amongst the worst in the league though

edit - just realised you went from us having similar depth with the Pies, to Collingwood having a far superior depth to us within two posts. Just run of the mill stuff from you I guess. Forget I asked
Look at the bigger picture rather than H2Hs. Collingwood outperformed you in many areas last season. No point digging back to 2018 as it’s pretty pointless, although I believe Collingwood should’ve won the flag if it weren’t for umpire incompetence that costed them in the dying minutes.

As for depth, list your depth players and then list Collingwood’s depth players. Compare them.

They’ve got you covered mate.

Look at the bigger picture rather than H2Hs. Collingwood outperformed you in many areas last season. No point digging back to 2018 as it’s pretty pointless, although I believe Collingwood should’ve won the flag if it weren’t for umpire incompetence that costed them in the dying minutes.

As for depth, list your depth players and then list Collingwood’s depth players. Compare them.

Look at the bigger picture blah, blah, blah, forget the evidence, you turkey

our depth would be

Schofield
Rotham
Nelson
Watson
Hutchings
AhChee
Brander
Vardy
Bailey Williams
Waterman

and one of Cameron or Petruccelle

you compare them. It’s your assertion

Look at the bigger picture blah, blah, blah, forget the evidence, you turkey

our depth would be

Schofield
Rotham
Nelson
Watson
Hutchings
AhChee
Brander
Vardy
Bailey Williams
Waterman

and one of Cameron or Petruccelle

you compare them. It’s your assertion
That depth is shocking.

I thought Rotham was best 22? List your best 22 then please.

Pies depth:
Sier, Varcoe, Reid, Wills, Quaynor, Mayne, Scharenberg, Greenwood, Daicos and Noble are all serviceable to good players at the highest level. Rantall and Bianco are also very promising kids. Then they have a few unknowns that could go either way but looked very good in the VFL. Plenty of options there.

Looks like they have more than double the amount of proven players not in their best 22 than WCE do, plus they’ve got some promising kids coming through who they recently drafted which WCE don’t have as they sold their future for Kelly.

You’ve got four decent prospects in Brander (hasn’t played a game IIRC), Allen, Petrucelli and Cameron, whereas clubs with good depth have about ten plus kids coming through.

You’ll need an amazing run with injuries to be any kind of threat. Another reason why you’re just not a top four side as they have great depth. Look at GWS and Richmond for example if you want to see elite depth.

Eagles winning 4 out of last 5 suggests eagles have Pies covered

Helps when you meet in a GF
Collingwood won their most recent encounter. Collingwood finished above them on the ladder despite having more injuries. Collingwood went deeper during finals. Collingwood were robbed in 2018.

I hate Collingwood more than any other team, but they have a better list than WCE. WCE have it over them in H2Hs, but that’s only one very small factor that should be considered when comparing lists. I don’t see how anyone can spin it in WCE’s favour? I’d like to hear someone try, rather than just personally insult me?

Collingwood won their most recent encounter. Collingwood finished above them on the ladder despite having more injuries. Collingwood went deeper during finals. Collingwood were robbed in 2018.

I hate Collingwood more than any other team, but they have a better list than WCE. WCE have it over them in H2Hs, but that’s only one very small factor that should be considered when comparing lists. I don’t see how anyone can spin it in WCE’s favour? I’d like to hear someone try, rather than just personally insult me?
I never insulted you Tenny just disagreed with you

That depth is shocking.

I thought Rotham was best 22? List your best 22 then please.

Pies depth:
Sier, Varcoe, Reid, Wills, Quaynor, Mayne, Scharenberg, Greenwood, Daicos and Noble are all serviceable to good players at the highest level. Rantall and Bianco are also very promising kids. Then they have a few unknowns that could go either way but looked very good in the VFL. Plenty of options there.

Looks like they have more than double the amount of proven players not in their best 22 than WCE do, plus they’ve got some promising kids coming through who they recently drafted which WCE don’t have as they sold their future for Kelly.

You’ve got four decent prospects in Brander (hasn’t played a game IIRC), Allen, Petrucelli and Cameron, whereas clubs with good depth have about ten plus kids coming through.

You’ll need an amazing run with injuries to be any kind of threat. Another reason why you’re just not a top four side as they have great depth. Look at GWS and Richmond for example if you want to see elite depth.

b22 would be imo

Sheppard - Barrass - Hurn

Duggan - McGovern - Jetta

Gaff - Shuey - Sheed

Naitanui - Yeo - Kelly

Venables - Darling - Cripps

Allen - Kennedy - Ryan

Cole
Redden
Hickey
Petruccelle / Cameron

We’ve got 30+ players with afl experience and 10 or so unproven kids like most teams. Our depth stacks up amongst the best in the league, you have absolutely nfi as usual. Just shooting off the hip because West Coast has damaged you somewhere in your lifetime. Please don’t comment anymore about our list. You didn’t even know that Brander had debuted when in fact he’s played multiple games or that Rotham wasn’t a regular b22 player for us yet

Last edited:

Probably more that he's a troll and weagles fans are the easiest to get a rise out of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back