Stopping the Tigers 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I do agree that the Eagles have the best shot, but it’s hard not to think that the Pies are getting written off pretty quickly, they went 1-1 against both you & the Tigers last year with a big injury toll, as well as having a very good 2018 ( ultimately just falling short ), they are in this year up to their ears IMO.
On the other hand it is not easy going in as favourites. You can't have an off day as sides are out to prove a point. That is one of the reasons why it is hard to go back to back. Everyonegrandfinal... to quote an old Tiger.

On the other hand it is not easy going in as favourites. You can't have an off day as sides are out to prove a point. That is one of the reasons why it is hard to go back to back. Everyonegrandfinal... to quote an old Tiger.
Lived through that for a few years post 2007, it was a badge of honour for teams to try ( and on the odd occasion) knock you off....It just comes with the territory....I still see Pies supporters to this day talking about them beating us in Round 9 2008, it does give you a little chuckle because it means nothing in the end. For eg us smashing you guys in Round 12 last year, that result is inconsequential, but some of my own fans who accept mediocrity will celebrate it...

Lived through that for a few years post 2007, it was a badge of honour for teams to try ( and on the odd occasion) knock you off....It just comes with the territory....I still see Pies supporters to this day talking about them beating us in Round 9 2008, it does give you a little chuckle because it means nothing in the end. For eg us smashing you guys in Round 12 last year, that result is inconsequential, but some of my own fans who accept mediocrity will celebrate it...
It all means nothing come finals... if you make the finals. (Imagine if we crashed and burned this season, hilarious).

Harder draw, less home game streaks esp the run up to finals.
I guess the draw is always a bit of a lottery, never knowing which teams will improve/drop off and also when you play teams matters too. If you catch them during an injury run or out of form or at the start/end of the season can all make a difference and is just part of the luck of the draw all teams navigate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back