Strategy Stories from Recruiters

Remove this Banner Ad

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Who knows a recruiter? What are some of their stories.

I heard an Essendon recruiter (former Richmond player) was very high on Luke Parker, but Hird overruled him and went for Ariel Steinberg instead.

That would be Merv Keane.

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi_6d775533.jpeg

Not a recruiter story but a trade story, although not at the blues in an official capacity Greg Williams was pushing hard for the blues to pick up Josh Kennedy instead of Brock Mclean.

Please don't say that.

Knew a former Melbourne recruiter who scouted Juice Newton many years ago. Said this kid will be a star and take mark of the year at some stage

Well he got the mark of the year part right. Definately wasnt even close to a star though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Knew a former Melbourne recruiter who scouted Juice Newton many years ago. Said this kid will be a star and take mark of the year at some stage

Well he got the mark of the year part right. Definately wasnt even close to a star though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I still don't see how people are so certain that a teenager will be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton did pick up Josh Kennedy, the year before.

Carlton drafted Josh J Kennedy in 2005. Brock McLean was traded to the Blues in the 2009 trade period, the same time Josh P Kennedy was traded to the Swans ( at a much lower price tag).

Heard that during the Interviews that when Brody Grundy was Interviewed by Demons he Called them SOFT and Also he tried to Turn the Interviews into what a Club can do for Him instead of the other way around

I think this counts as being from a recruiter since the 'industry sources' Caro was referring to were the Richmond recruiters.

“It was actually my first draft and I remember driving down St Kilda Road post draft and Caroline Wilson was on the radio and she was saying something along the lines that ‘industry sources suggest Collingwood had made a monumental mistake by taking Pendlebury with pick 5’.

I think this counts as being from a recruiter since the 'industry sources' Caro was referring to were the Richmond recruiters.

“It was actually my first draft and I remember driving down St Kilda Road post draft and Caroline Wilson was on the radio and she was saying something along the lines that ‘industry sources suggest Collingwood had made a monumental mistake by taking Pendlebury with pick 5’.

Didn't Greg Miller who was Working at Richmond Laughed when we Picked Pendles?

Same Team/Guy who Picked Tambling before Buddy and took Jarrad Oakligh/Nicholls in the Same Draft:straining:

Didn't Greg Miller who was Working at Richmond Laughed when we Picked Pendles?

Same Team/Guy who Picked Tambling before Buddy and took Jarrad Oakligh/Nicholls in the Same Draft:straining:

I was on Bigfooty at the time and plenty on here were knocking Collingwood for that pick as a big reach (including Collingwood posters).

I was on Bigfooty at the time and plenty on here were knocking Collingwood for that pick as a big reach (including Collingwood posters).

Well they would look tad Silly Now. Including the Pies Fans

Two interstate recruiters apparently texted each other after the 2013 draft, laughing at the Dogs who drafted Bont at pick 4.

Apparently they were of the opinion that he could have been getable in the low 20s.

Probably an indication of how said interstate clubs have performed in recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back