News Storm stripped of Premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we can count ourselves lucky

There goes RL in Melbourne, and a complete waste of this new stadium, until the A-League starts again

This is unbelievable. How much do the NRL hate Melbourne?. I mean, the administration are obviously solely to blame. Why not punish those in particular like Bryan Waldron, impose a heavy fine on the club and strip them of premiership points.
However the NRL does needto take a stance as allowing the Storm to keep their premierships will mean all clubs would think its ok to cheat.
Still I am gutted for the players and supporters in particular.

Yes, we can count ourselves lucky
Disagree.

The Storm and the Canterbury Bulldogs lost points and a premiership because they can't be penalised with the loss of draft picks.

We copped our fair whack in the form of a $1 million dollar fine, lost draft picks and four bottom two finishes.

Our penalty doesn't end until Goddard and Wells retire.

We still lack a player with Goddard's class disposal, leadership and hardness.

Ah well, gave a big end to a slow news day

One thing I don't get - and I'm not defending Storm's actions - is whether the NRL thought of Storm membership? How would they know of salary cap breaches?

Taking away any motivation for this season is unfair on the innocent victims in all this, the members. They've bought season tickets, for what? Someone should give them their money back, whether it be the NRL or the Storm

I don't mind the storm even though I would rather the Canterbury Bulldogs but what the storm did was worse than what the bulldogs did 8 years ago-They were favorites that year to take the nrl premiership but cause the breached the salary cap they lost all the points-The Storm Did a hell of a lot worse so they deserve any punnishment they get

Where's the hope for Storm? cries Parkin
''I would have annexed myself from the great game that I love if they'd done something like that to Carlton,'' said Parkin.

''I just couldn't come to grips with it, and I don't know how the Storm have with the circumstances they now find themselves in. The more and the longer I think about it, I just think this is unfair and it's just not right.

''I'd be fighting it. I'd be taking it to the highest level, if there was any forum of bringing about a different end product.''

''What they did to Carlton, people say it wasn't much, but it was massive,'' Parkin said. ''It made sure that they would suffer the consequences for the next decade or so. But at least we were allowed to compete … and provide this beautiful thing called hope.

''But where's the hope for the Storm people? Why would you go? Why would I go and watch them play knowing the end result has no significance at all. It cuts to the very heart of what you're about."
Where's the hope for Storm? cries Parkin

I love the irony of that Rotten Ron Evans quote where he announced that Carlton were blatant cheats. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back