News Stoush over new Perth Stadium - Barnett vs AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember he quashed the stadium that Carpenter was gonna build before those 2 elections as well
Delaying the stadium build at least economically and for employment actually worked out pretty well. If it was built say 2011 then a lot of the benefits job wise would have been 'hidden' by the mining boom, and construction work had less demand from potential workers. As for now there is no boom, and a lot of unemployment and a slowing state economy thus construction projects have greater value employment wise. As much as I hate waiting longer at Subiaco, the delay wasn't all bad, plus I'm sure they will nail this stadium now.

80,000 would have been ridiculous. Would have been half empty for 90% of the games
What's even more ridiculous is stating that WC and Freo games, 9 out of 10 times will have 40000 or less people in the stadium.
In fact I bookmarked your ridiculous quote and will be sure to fire it back to you later in the year.

What's even more ridiculous is stating that WC and Freo games, 9 out of 10 times will have 40000 or less people in the stadium.
In fact I bookmarked your ridiculous quote and will be sure to fire it back to you later in the year.
If our members allocation is less than 40k then maybe. If it is 55 as it should be no chance.

Feel free to do so the 2nd or 3rd year end. First year will be inflated
Nah i think we should get 50-45k in decen/bad years while freo might get a tad less. In good years for us it would 57,000-54,000 each home game. However, i don't agree with the stadium being larger cause i rekon we will rarely get fully capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah i think we should get 50-45k in decen/bad years while freo might get a tad less. In good years for us it would 57,000-54,000 each home game. However, i don't agree with the stadium being larger cause i reckon we will rarely get fully capacity.

The Perth tax that will see general entry tix at $80+ is what will keep numbers down.

The cost to maintain and staff those extra 20000 seats that would never had been used would push ticket prices up and cut into club profits

Not to mention that those 20k will be low ticket prices and therefore paying back that amount will take longer. Still think people think money grows on trees.

I will be fascinated if we fill stadium out on regular basis. Etihad rarely do that when 2 Melb teams are paying. I was on waiting list but soon as new stadium hits, bye bye season tickets. A lot of people will be in that boat.

Not to mention that those 20k will be low ticket prices and therefore paying back that amount will take longer. Still think people think money grows on trees.

I will be fascinated if we fill stadium out on regular basis. Etihad rarely do that when 2 Melb teams are paying. I was on waiting list but soon as new stadium hits, bye bye season tickets. A lot of people will be in that boat.
There will only be few occasions where you can't get a ticket . Maybe a final if we played freo . I know a people pulling the pin on their memberships now they know that they can just get a good ticket to the games they want to go to and are not stuck with tickets to stupid Thursday night games

There will only be few occasions where you can't get a ticket . Maybe a final if we played freo . I know a people pulling the pin on their memberships now they know that they can just get a good ticket to the games they want to go to and are not stuck with tickets to stupid Thursday night games

On a bright note, we will be able to buy 3 game memberships which will inflate membership numbers just like for the Vic clubs.

Has there been any news on whether a perth stadium membership will be available? Or is that asking too much for a 60k stadium

All the signs are there that WC and Dockers members are going to be RHEEMED when the move to the new stadium is made.

Questions like would you pay extra to go have a a close encounter with the players or are you interested in unique experience 3 game package. You may be required to pay a deposit for nominating who you'd like to sit with? They are definately looking at how they can polish a turd.

Do the basic maths.... rest assured some treasury bean counter has... $1000000000 ÷ 25 weeks ÷25 years ÷ 50000 = $32
So with interest, maintenance, running costs, staff, management fees, profit, gratuities, kick backs and god knows what else its got to beat least 80 bucks a seat per week!

This is the sting in the tail of user pays publlic infrastructure policy?

I believe a lot of the older members (you know the ones who start leaving the game with 5minutes to go and the margin is 2 points, just so they can get a seat on the bus and dont have to stand) will quit their memberships due to change and financial pressures... not to mention the no longer cashed up bogans and FIFOers.

I think Nesbitt and co are acutely aware of this possibility and are shitting themselves. That is why them the Dockers and the footy commission are playing hard to get.

Would love Bigfooty to do a survey...
Whats the break point where members will drop their membership in 2017?
+10%
+20%
+30%
+50%

All the signs are there that WC and Dockers members are going to be RHEEMED when the move to the new stadium is made.

Questions like would you pay extra to go have a a close encounter with the players or are you interested in unique experience 3 game package. You may be required to pay a deposit for nominating who you'd like to sit with? They are definately looking at how they can polish a turd.

Do the basic maths.... rest assured some treasury bean counter has... $1000000000 ÷ 25 weeks ÷25 years ÷ 50000 = $32
So with interest, maintenance, running costs, staff, management fees, profit, gratuities, kick backs and god knows what else its got to beat least 80 bucks a seat per week!

This is the sting in the tail of user pays publlic infrastructure policy?

I believe a lot of the older members (you know the ones who start leaving the game with 5minutes to go and the margin is 2 points, just so they can get a seat on the bus and dont have to stand) will quit their memberships due to change and financial pressures... not to mention the no longer cashed up bogans and FIFOers.

I think Nesbitt and co are acutely aware of this possibility and are shitting themselves. That is why them the Dockers and the footy commission are playing hard to get.

Would love Bigfooty to do a survey...
Whats the break point where members will drop their membership in 2017?
+10%
+20%
+30%
+50%

I don't think Bigfoot would be an accurate cross section of the membership base #obsessed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back