News Strachan and Gollant re-sign

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's good to see the club has the confidence to dish out 1-year contracts.

We needed Strachan, if O'Brien goes down we had no one else. Frampton/Himmlberg... no thank you. And I don't think Strachan had the draft capital some of you were hoping for.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
crazy as ever

no fringe player ever chooses a 1 year contract. and this one didn’t

clubs don’t choose 5 years or more, and players don’t choose 1.

that puts him within a single injury of oblivion.

if he signed for 2 (say), and breaks out next year then he has all the cards to renegotiate midway through

there is literally no benefit to Gollant to sign for only 1 year.

and fu** knows why your fairytale involves him not having an agent

Your own psychology that you give away Sanders, when you don't mean to be giving it away, is so telling.

I can understand, having seen you in action, that a worldview of living in fear of failure would be a realistic fear. People like me and Gollant, heck, we just back ourselves in. But lets say injury ends his footy career this forthcoming season, well, you can always back yourself in doing a day job.

I mean a 2 year deal like strachanie got, that's so radically different to the 1 yr, like make or break life changing stuff for gollant will no doubt be set for the next 20 years on a 2yr deal, wait, what?

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your own psychology that you give away Sanders, when you don't mean to be giving it away, is so telling.

I can understand, having seen you in action, that a worldview of living in fear of failure would be a realistic fear. People like me and Gollant, heck, we just back ourselves in. But lets say injury ends his footy career this forthcoming season, well, you can always back yourself in doing a day job.

I mean a 2 year deal like strachanie got, that's so radically different to the 1 yr, like make or break life changing stuff for gollant will no doubt be set for the next 20 years on a 2yr deal, wait, what?

Fruit loops are a wonderful breakfast cereal

Back