ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
An upcoming about the rise of NWA, if you're not familiar they're a group that formed in the mid 80's and ran through to the mid 90's. Members include Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Easy E (R.I.P.) and a few others. The movie depicts the struggle of growing up in Compton, California during the 80's and 90's, a city just outside LA that was gang ridden and suffering from violence. US release is August 14th.

As an old school fool and big NWA fan from the dayz of wayback, I've been trying not to get my hopes up for this.

Alarm bells went off a bit when Cube successfully campaigned to get O'Shea Jr. to play dad. But Paul Giamatti's casting gave me renewed hope.

And that trailer looks the goods...

Cannot wait for this, huge fan and I still play stuff on my iPod these days.
It wouldn't be for cash, Dre selling out to Apple

Really interested to see how Heller is portrayed - surely Cube and Dre are sitting on that much cash and success that they can let whatever grudge is still there slide?

Suge Knight can't! Love how he cracked the sads about his portayal in the movie. Dumb arse dined out for years on how he "persuaded" Heller to release Dre from his contract.

Wonder if they'll just gloss over the Dee Barnes bashing?

Also, I really wanna see this...

DrDre.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if they'll just gloss over the Dee Barnes bashing?

with cube and dre behind the movie I doubt it'll even be mentioned. Not sure what the time frame of the movie is and whether that would fall in that period, though

I expect it to be a massive ego pumping affair for the aforementioned two. I hope at least ren gets the credit he deserves as a writer, although the trailer doesnt give me much hope...did he even get a line?

CB4 is better.

fear of a blackhat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cb4.

fear of a blackhat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cb4.

No Mutha******* way.

Also, I really wanna see this...

109012_2853c988ea9ccd3adbf8cb6c98383123.jpg

remember reading an interview with dj quick back in the day and he said dre was jokingly referred to as "lin-dre (as in lingerie)" for his world class wrecking cru days.:D

with cube and dre behind the movie I doubt it'll even be mentioned. Not sure what the time frame of the movie is and whether that would fall in that period, though

from the trailer it seemed to indicate from humble beginnings til dre leaving so it falls within the time frame, just not sure they will give it any air time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back