Preview Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
“But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.”

This is what I think of when people are negative after we just obliterated a side that only lost to Brisbane by a point away from home.
This is such a great point. The Crows beat Fremantle as well so we should be able to beat them easily. Ahhh wait a minute....

I could see us losing the next 4 to be honest. Tough games it will really show us where the team wants to be! Are they sick of being the nice guys that finish close?
Just the type of games we need.

I very much believe in the cyclic nature of the universe. However, if you extend it out further, and consider that 2013/14 was the last years of the cycle that was thrown out by the introduction of Gold Coast and GWS from 2010-2012...and that 2015 was the start of a new cycle:

1997 - miss finals
1998 - miss finals
1999 - make elimination final, lose to that year's premiers. Trade for two 'missing piece' players in Montgomery and Bishop.
2000 - miss finals after being talked up in offseason as being ready to take the next step. Draft three premiership players in S. Burgoyne, K. Cornes and Cassisi
2001 - smash Adelaide in a Showdown, win six in a row at the end of the year, make top four
2002-2004 - dominate the competition with Brisbane

vs

2015 - miss finals
2016 - miss finals
2017 - make elimination final, lose to next year's premiers. Trade for three 'missing piece' players in Rockliff, Motlop and Watts.
2018 - miss finals after being talked up in offseason as being ready to take the next step. Draft three premiership players in Rozee, Butters and Duursma.
2019 - smash Adelaide in a Showdown, win seven in a row at the end of the year, make top four
2020-2023 - dominate the competition with Brisbane

I like my cycle story better :)

So Lions in 20, 21, 22 (Port minor premiers and out in straight sets) and fighting it out with Port for the flag in 23? I could live with that (not sure what Eddie would do to us this time around) :)

What not what you meant? ;)

Port Adelaide is:

1st in the comp in time in forward half

1st in the comp in forward half intercepts

1st in the comp in forward half stoppages

3rd in the comp for clearance differential (Lions 10th)

3rd in the comp for contested possession differential (Lions 9th)

2nd in the comp for uncontested possession differential (Lions 10th)

4th in the comp for disposal efficiency differential (Lions 9th)

16th in the comp for clanger differential (Lions 12th)

1st in the comp for inside 50 differential (Lions 6th)

4th in the comp for goal assist differential (Lions 13th)

1st in the comp for marks inside 50 differential (Lions 15th)

1st in the comp for 1% differential (Lions 15th)

7th in the comp for tackle differential (Lions 9th)

Sorry, but I’ll stick with Port to win, thanks all the same.

Brisbane lost the stats game last week but still won. Strange, but wonderful at the same time.

Just the type of games we need.

Yeah the great Jack said so last year for us too and it didn’t work out. I’d take win games please. Boys just stand the hell up PLZ. I do t want to see West coast win again

Going to snow on Sunday.

Seriously?it's been 20deg plus during the day so our bodies will get a physical shock.
I'm thinking no soft tissue injuries is now my highest priority for this game.

Edit
BOM says 7-15 deg 70% chance of 0-1mm of rain and no mention of snow. Which doesn't seem masdively extreme, so I'm back to hoping for the win, with a side of no injuries.

Where did the forecast of snow come from?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seriously?it's been 20deg plus during the day so our bodies will get a physical shock.
I'm thinking no soft tissue injuries is now my highest priority for this game.

Edit
BOM says 7-15 deg 70% chance of 0-1mm of rain and no mention of snow. Which doesn't seem masdively extreme, so I'm back to hoping for the win, with a side of no injuries.

Where did the forecast of snow come from?
There is no forecast of snow for us. There is a third cold front coming off the Antarctic that is due to hit the southeast of SA late Sunday afternoon. It will be the third of the triple Antarctic blasts that will hit us. Or polar pulses if you wish. We had the first one yesterday. The second one will bring snow to Tasmania, Victoria and NSW. It will be windier and heavier in showers for us compared to the first. It all depends how far south the third polar pulse hits for the game to be affected. Could be a misery of an afternoon if it hits more north than expected. So yes, I am very droll about it.

By the Nunez you were right. On this, our Hyde week, if we win I am going to be so incredibly annoying that you will take up music or something.

So your normal self then?

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
Hodge and Hipwood out. Huge.

We cannot be complacent though. Need to be ruthless. Have to get the WLWL routine off our back.

Carn Port!

I'm hyped for this game. We are walking the tightrope for the rest of the season.

Technically we can L/W/L/W etc our way to 8th spot, but we need to give ourselves the best possible chance here.

No off weeks, we need to string multiple wins together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back