Preview Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, Sunday

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Need to make a statement. Bring the fans back onside.

Wonder if we will go full shutdown mode on Neal?

Also if Brisvegas get their fairy tale GF I'll spew up

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If port play anywhere like West Coast or Geelong game you won't handle the pressure and will be a +4 goal win to port. Regardless on your ceiling. You are still a young team. Not quite premiership level yet. But get our confidence up we will win. Just depends if our midfield turns up and wins contested football at a ferocious level. Oh, i hope Hartlett decks that free kick pansy Robinson.

Take your coach over ours any day. But don't underestimate some of our young talent my friend
Brisbane aren't actually that young. Pretty sure I heard they had the 7th most experienced side running round last week.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Brisbane aren't actually that young. Pretty sure I heard they had the 7th most experienced side running round last week.
Some real high end talent there too plus what a combo having Fagan and Noble running the show!
I think Fagan has more to work with than Ken did in his earlier years. Still I think we have the cattle now.

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Wow. That is some impressive numbers. The game could get really embarrassing for us. Hopefully we can at least keep it close for the first quarter.

0498B25E-8BC0-49B5-A315-3FBC876A8008.jpeg
97FB85C0-A5A1-468C-B012-9A25160E2FB6.jpeg

Just got him in my dt side so guaranteed low score your welcome lol.

I traded in Josh Kelly last week so if his calf keeps him out for their game against us you can all thank me.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
It was at this time last year when we were 11-4 before a combination of injuries along with lack of improvement set us on a decline.
We might only be 8-7 this year, but I think our best football this year has been much better than last year, and the club also seems more eager to continue to work and improve with the new style of football we are playing. It certainly sounds like we are taking steps in the right direction, but only time will tell.
If we lose any more than two games for the rest of the year we will not be able to make finals, or it will not be likely. At our best, I think it's possible we might not even lose another game for the rest of the year and depending on how things transpire we might even be able to sneak into the top four with a ratio as low as 14-8.

No more ******* around, these last seven rounds are vital to our finals chances, and we need to play our best and play it consistently to make it. And it starts with Brisbane on Sunday. We are near full strength now, and outside of any more unexpected injuries, there shouldn't be any excuses.

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Golden Knights

Correct. Over the last few years we have brought in a lot of mature age players - Neale, Cameron, McCarthy, Lyons, McInerney, Adams, Hodge etc have boosted our age profile. Also guys like Robbo, Christensen and Bastinac in the years before.

We've all been excited about this for years. Our drafted talent is starting to enter their prime and we've brought in a lot of quality guys in their prime to replace the GH5 which left us with a large gap in our age profile and meant we were playing way too many teenagers and stopgaps a few years ago.

You have to be careful of these average games and average age stats.

Brisbane only have 2 or 3 injuries and are to fringe players, so when Hodge plays, they have a total of about 2,250 games experience or average of just more than 100 games per player and when he doesn't play and replaced by a kid, they have a total of about 1,900 games experience and their average drops to 86 and it puts them in the bottom 5 or 6.

Last week from the footy wire website, the lowest averages were
Saints 65.0, Bulldogs 82.4, GC 70.1, Sydney 75.3, Essendon 84.1, Melbourne 85.6. Carlton were 94.5 but they drop to around 80 when 320 gamer Simpson doesn't play.

Brisbane on the weekend had average game experience of 104.0 and we were on 104.2. We are considered an inexperienced side with Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Bonner and Howard have played less than 50 games and SPP, Houston Amon and Burton just over 50.

But replace SPP and add in Boak who pulled out late, and we go to an average games played around 115. Add in Ryder who was best 22 at the start of the year, for a 30-50 gamer and we would have been about 125 and total games played goes to around 2,700. Highest in Rd 15 was Hawks 125.2 with 369 gamer Burgoyne playing and 8 players between 180 and 218 games and total games of 2,751.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Brisbane only have 2 or 3 injuries and are to fringe players, so when Hodge plays, they have a total of about 2,250 games experience or average of just more than 100 games per player and when he doesn't play and replaced by a kid, they have a total of about 1,900 games experience and their average drops to 86 and it puts them in the bottom 5 or 6.

Saints 65.0, Bulldogs 82.4, GC 70.1, Sydney 75.3, Essendon 84.1, Melbourne 85.6. Carlton were 94.5 but they drop to around 80 when 320 gamer Simpson doesn't play.

Brisbane on the weekend had average game experience of 104.0 and we were on 104.2. We are considered an inexperienced side with Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Bonner and Howard have played less than 50 games and SPP, Houston Amon and Burton just over 50.

But replace SPP and add in Boak who pulled out late, and we go to an average games played around 115. Add in Ryder who was best 22 at the start of the year, for a 30-50 gamer and we would have been about 125 and total games played goes to around 2,700. Highest in Rd 15 was Hawks 125.2 with 369 gamer Burgoyne playing and 8 players between 180 and 218 games and total games of 2,751.

So you’re saying the average goes up/down when experienced players play/don’t play?

So you’re saying the average goes up/down when experienced players play/don’t play?
The average of the side you put on the field does.

Brisbane started the season across their squad of 44 players as the 17th team ranked by age and 15th by games.

But last weekend they had the 7th most experienced by games, that was put on the field by the 18 AFL teams.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The average of the side you put on the field does.

Brisbane started the season across their squad of 44 players as the 17th team ranked by age and 15th by games.

But last weekend they had the 7th most experienced that was put on the field by the 18 AFL teams.

I get it REH, I was being a smartarse.

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Thanks REH. I was surprised when I heard it tbh.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
How is Sam Mayes travelling? Most of us at the Lions have a soft spot for Sam and hoping to see him do well
Is playing ok in the SANFL without setting the world alight. He's a fair few spots back in the pecking order to get a game. Unlikely to play this year at the current rate. Remains good depth for us though.

How is Sam Mayes travelling? Most of us at the Lions have a soft spot for Sam and hoping to see him do well
Played well in the preason, but couldn't get into the Rd 1 team, was named as emergency, think he traveled to Melbourne for the game.

Played well for the Magpies in the SANFL, but because we were winning or had 2 close loses in first 6 games games, he couldn't get in on the wing or half back, despite playing well in the SANFL and being named in the emergencies 4 or 5 times in those first 6 games. He then seems to have dropped his bundle a bit, and whilst still playing OK in the SANFL, hasn't been banging the door down to get selected since about Rd 5.

If he made the 22 for Rd 1, he might have played the majority of games by now. A bit of bad timing IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is playing ok in the SANFL without setting the world alight. He's a fair few spots back in the pecking order to get a game. Unlikely to play this year at the current rate. Remains good depth for us though.
The fact hes not playing even when Duursma is rested or Amon is suspended brings into question his spot on the list.

I was pleased with us picking him up and still see potential in him but he'd want to get moving.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I'm kind of surprised he hasn't snuck a senior game in, but could say the same for a few blokes in the SANFL, especially when we had so many injuries. With everyone back now and every game must win I doubt he'll play this year unless we lose the next 3-4 and want to try things in our remaining games once the season is over.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Still think we would be better off playing spp on Neale a tell him rough him up and stick to him like a fly on s**t.

Back