Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Same. Given they seemed to resolve the love triangle, I was convinced he was going to be offed and became terrified, given he'd just spent 9 episodes becoming the standout character. That actor's probably got the most promising future, damn he's cool. That Farah Fawcett hair spray.

I actually can't stand it, sometimes I like to watch the closing credits (particularly if enjoying the tune over it) but it's just too short a time to stop it moving into autoplay. I think there's a place in the Settinngs I can stop it? I hope so. Pretty sure it used to be a longer countdown. 5 seconds is way too short.

Anyway, echo everyone else. Really loved the season except Episode 7. I don't mind what they tried to do, but:

a) the characters were mostly cliches and uninteresting; and
b) it should have come a few episodes earlier, maybe around the midpoint of the season. Instead it was just a horrendous momentum killer. I was worried I was going to have a late work night binging the series but after that went "Yep, I'll just do the last two episodes tomorrow." Was very misguided.

I was also perplexed about Billy. With the talk of him not being Max's real brother, with his weird aggression, I thought maybe we'd get a twist of him also having been experimented on. Hopefully they actually make the character interesting in Season 3. Or just have him disappear.

The hairstyle they gave Billy didn't sit right with me.

Same. Given they seemed to resolve the love triangle, I was convinced he was going to be offed and became terrified, given he'd just spent 9 episodes becoming the standout character. That actor's probably got the most promising future, damn he's cool. That Farah Fawcett hair spray.

He was a bit of dick at first but killed it in season 2.

What a show, near impossible job backing up season 1 but they pulled it off. Throw Aliens, Temple of Doom and The Exorcist into their ever-growing list of references and touchstones, integrated so well.

One thing maybe someone can explain for me though;

where did the multiple mini-gorgons come from? Were there multiple slugs growing here in the real world? Did Dart multiply as he evolved, gremlins style? Did they come through the gate under the lab? Was the one thing that was never really clear to me, maybe I missed it.

I don't seem to have the same issues with ep 7 as most, thought it was fine, moreso it was necessary for Eleven to realise who she was and where home was. Only problem was the sequencing, leaving Hawkins for an entire ep after the perfection that was ep 6 was torture.

Echo others thoughts on Billy though, completely unnecessary character - take him out and the story is essentially the same and still works just fine, even the Max stuff. Know the Duffer Bros wanted another human antagonist but compared with what they were up against from the upside down he was just chaff in the wind - at least Brennan from season 1 had the military at his command and pretty much had the power of life and death over his test subjects.

Just an inspired choice to use "Every Breath You Take" for that closing shot and

the mind flayer perched over the school in the upside down - "Every step you take, I'll be watching you" hahaha oh s**t

How the f@%k do they top ep 5?

With ep 6 of course! :D

As mentioned above, holy s**t that was glorious, favorite ep over both seasons for mine.

Dustin and Steve bromance (Farrah Fawcett hairspray loool), junkard showdown and multiple mini-gorgon reveal, Will spying and double cross as foreshadowed a few eps back. Last 5 mins straight out of Aliens too (motion tracker and "we've got movement!"), so good.

Last edited:

Dustin feeding chocolate to the demo-dog, even though it is said they have a connection with the flayer. Should have just fed the monster in season 1 chocolate. He would have been chill then.

Bit cheesy but not a big problem for mine, Dustin had been feeding him nougat all the way through. Same approach obviously wouldn't have worked for the demogorgon in season 1.

Did anybody else notice the time discontinuities? They were so jarring, and it is alarming that a high-value production could allow such rudimentary mistakes.

example: When Dustin meets Steve at Mikes place, it is night time but next minute it is day time. That's when Lucas contacts Dustin but why would Lucas wait so long to contact Dustin. The whole meeting sequence with Max through to the wreckers scene is chronologically ******.

When Hopper and Eleven head back to the facility all the lights are off.

Yeah but the first thing Dustin and Steve do is go back to Dustin's to check the basement and its still night. I just assumed after they discover Dart has escaped they wait till morning to go hunt him and spend pretty much the whole day doing that (bromance/meat trail) leading into the junkyard showdown that night.

Lucas waits so long to contact Dustin coz he doesn't know Dustin has called code red, his sister turned off the walkie talkie while he was out working on Max.

Not sure why she stuck it out with them when they were getting in her face too, forced interactions are bad and her character kind of just collapsed.

Coz she was new in town/school and didn't have any friends. Only Mike was getting in her face, Dustin and Lucas were constantly reaching out to her. She acted tough/aloof but really was pretty lonely.

How do I get my hands on that bad ass music when Eleven walks in at the end of episode 8 then rolls through the credits ?

According to this website you're after The Return by Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein -> https://www.hanahaki.com/en/strange...soundtrack-music-songs-episode-8-mind-flayer/

No idea how you'd get hold of it though.

That remix they're using for the Stranger Things talk show is pretty good

Not much discussion on the ending of the season. Are to assume that
The "regular" universe has become the upside down (it was shown upside down), and the upside down has become the regular universe (it was shown right side up). Almost like closing the gate reversed the dimensional roles

Nah don't think so. Just a cool camera trick, similar to when Hop steps down into the tunnel for the first time.

******* hated this season.

Max and Billy were useless as ****.

Eleven's story arc felt completely out of place which culminated in a s**t tier episode 7.

Mike was a campaigner and there was zero reconciliation with his character. They took a piss on his character for no reason.

The plot wasn't nearly as tight as the first season.

Bob's death was so predictable. Keep running Bilbo.

Guns have done **** all against the monsters but suddenly Hopper can blow them away like he's in Resident Evil.

Deus Ex Machinima with Eleven showing up at the right time.

Dustin feeding chocolate to the demo-dog, even though it is said they have a connection with the flayer. Should have just fed the monster in season 1 chocolate. He would have been chill then.

Eleven's mum sub-plot: They spent so much time on this. Her mum sends her to go see the gang then she leaves....what's the point? So we can learn about Brenner? So she can learn how to be angry and be more powerful?

Dr. Owens conveniently left alive by the dogs when everyone else is killed, not to mention Bob gets feasted on. Where is the consistency?

I could go on...

They would build tension and then it would just fall flat on its face.

Bilbo and Steve were great.

Edit: People will disagree, but I just found season 2 relied too heavily on 80's nostalgia rather than a tight plot.

lol Sean Astin played Samwise Gamgee in LoTR not Bilbo Baggins

This show went from "Nancy's hot" to "I've just watched 17 50 minute episodes in about 30 hours" pretty quick. And now Netflix is sending me on some on some 7 episode breakdown series, wowee. Going to read this entire thread soon, but wow, what a show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am Team Mike and Steve. Still haven't forgiven Jonathan for staying to take pictures of Nancy/Barb/etc. instead of looking for his brother, and somehow getting a root out of it. Steve has cool factor and solid hair height, deserves the girl>shared trauma.

Mike is my favourite kid, basically because I just mirrored his emotions of wanting 11 back the entire time she wasn't there. Reminds me of my favourite moment of the entire show, when 11 says Mike for the first time.

Felt some serious hatred for Dustin during the Darko (?) episodes. Did this kid really feed and nurture a crazy looking slimy lizard thing, and just completely ignore all the monster s**t going on? I mean, it got his attention by roaring and shaking his bin. Bastard hid it in his hat. He was redeemed by the revelation that there were heaps of them + Steve bromance.

Anyway, a few weird story holes showed, like the government guy just sitting on the ground alive, but the show has been good at tying up every hint/hole so far with further twists, so I'll see.

Finally, I was convinced the whole time that Billy and Max were packaged by the bad men (family but not real family) to gain information throughout the school (Billy's constant random interactions with Steve, Max hanging around the arcade). I then thought that Billy got frustrated when Max got too close and built friendships, but that all went down the drain.

Noticed today that the local council building looks kinda similar to the lab, on a much smaller scale.

r560136_3380831.JPG

What a show, near impossible job backing up season 1 but they pulled it off. Throw Aliens, Temple of Doom and The Exorcist into their ever-growing list of references and touchstones, integrated so well.

One thing maybe someone can explain for me though;

where did the multiple mini-gorgons come from? Were there multiple slugs growing here in the real world? Did Dart multiply as he evolved, gremlins style? Did they come through the gate under the lab? Was the one thing that was never really clear to me, maybe I missed it.

I don't seem to have the same issues with ep 7 as most, thought it was fine, moreso it was necessary for Eleven to realise who she was and where home was. Only problem was the sequencing, leaving Hawkins for an entire ep after the perfection that was ep 6 was torture.

Echo others thoughts on Billy though, completely unnecessary character - take him out and the story is essentially the same and still works just fine, even the Max stuff. Know the Duffer Bros wanted another human antagonist but compared with what they were up against from the upside down he was just chaff in the wind - at least Brennan from season 1 had the military at his command and pretty much had the power of life and death over his test subjects.

Just an inspired choice to use "Every Breath You Take" for that closing shot and

the mind flayer perched over the school in the upside down - "Every step you take, I'll be watching you" hahaha oh s**t

With ep 6 of course! :D

As mentioned above, holy s**t that was glorious, favorite ep over both seasons for mine.

Dustin and Steve bromance (Farrah Fawcett hairspray loool), junkard showdown and multiple mini-gorgon reveal, Will spying and double cross as foreshadowed a few eps back. Last 5 mins straight out of Aliens too (motion tracker and "we've got movement!"), so good.
will vomited one up at the end of season 1. not sure if that was supposed to be the source of all of them though.

Eleven will be in Australia for the Supernova conventions in Brisbane and Adelaide next week.
It will be interesting to see how many adults line up to get a photo.
Like I get if you are a huge stranger things fan, but at the end of the day you are waiting in line for hours to get a photo with a child....
Seems a bit weird, no ?

Eleven will be in Australia for the Supernova conventions in Brisbane and Adelaide next week.
It will be interesting to see how many adults line up to get a photo.
Like I get if you are a huge stranger things fan, but at the end of the day you are waiting in line for hours to get a photo with a child....
Seems a bit weird, no ?
How is that weird?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back