Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol that's a ridiculous post.

Cobra Kai introduces characters from the universe in organic ways.

It's not comparable to Stranger Things, because Stranger Things doesn't take place in an established world with established settings and characters. People can't cameo in the same way.

Lol that's a ridiculous post.

Cobra Kai introduces characters from the universe in organic ways.

It's not comparable to Stranger Things, because Stranger Things doesn't take place in an established world with established settings and characters. People can't cameo in the same way.
going back to the tiny fishing village in japan for the first time in 40 years and stumbling across past friends after being there for like 10 mins was not organic. It was fun to watch but wasnt organic in any way.

having all the characters hold grudges from a kids karate tournament 40 years ago isnt organic. Fun to watch though.

having stranger things characters listening to 80s music, cosplaying as 80s characters, wearing 80s clothes, having russians as the bad guys is completely organic. Cos thats what happened in the eighties.

your main problem with the later seasons seems to be nostalgia references. Which is weird cos there aint that much of them. Especially compared with a show you like even more, which would be nothing without its nostalgia. Nostalgia aint the problem. Its bad writing.

going back to the tiny fishing village in japan for the first time in 40 years and stumbling across past friends after being there for like 10 mins was not organic. It was fun to watch but wasnt organic in any way.

It was. He was in Japan for business so why not. Not everyday you end up on the other side of the world.

having all the characters hold grudges from a kids karate tournament 40 years ago isnt organic. Fun to watch though.

I still hold a grudge from an AFL player burning me in a junior state footy game when I was open in the goal square.

having stranger things characters listening to 80s music, cosplaying as 80s characters, wearing 80s clothes, having russians as the bad guys is completely organic. Cos thats what happened in the eighties.

The characters aren't listening to it though. We are. Most of the music is played for the audience. And it's the same music we've heard a hundred times before. I reckon season two had more songs in the first episode than season one as a whole.

your main problem with the later seasons seems to be nostalgia references. Which is weird cos there aint that much of them. Especially compared with a show you like even more, which would be nothing without its nostalgia. Nostalgia aint the problem. Its bad writing.

My problem is writing has failed to play on and subvert the 80s cliches and instead has embraced them. Lazy and unoriginal, uncreative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s fair to say that character development is not a strength of this show. It’s the sci-fi elements and the thriller/horror elements.

Not every show can be The Sopranos, so it’s fine to enjoy shows for other reasons but it is a bit frustrating that they introduce cool characters and then just keep them around with clearly no interest in developing them.

We watched the first 2 eps tonight, I'm a sook who doesn't like scary movies yet also was really tempted to just keep binge watching.
Just love the slower building and then teasing what is to come

Another negative is what they’ve done with Robin. She was presented as a smart multilingual problem solver in season 3. Now she’s just some ditzy girl who makes dumb wisecracks.
Yeah that is really weird. She was the super smart chick in season 3 and now she is a bit of moron. did the writers forget who she was?

I loved it and my favourite season too.

The tension, building and horror done so well you can forgive some of the character traits and decisions made.

Did an amazing job too of expanding the mythology of the show too.

Definitely the most engaging season thus far Thought the writing and story lines were strong and the darker tone of series kept me hooked Looking forward to the final couple of episodes in a July

Anyone else like that mike and johnathon have basically been sidelined all season. Two of the more boring characters in the show.

russian stuff was boring for the first 4 episodes but was much more engaged with it in the last 3 episodes.

the sidelining of eleven for a giant yoda training session was quite boring but it pays off in spades. A lot more too it then you think. Just took a while to get there.

the main story on hawkins was riveting the whole way through with the second half of episode 4 truly epic. Im dusting of my kate bush albums.

another month to see the finish to the season.

zero nostalgia gimmicks in this show.

looks like this show will be the biggest show of the year.

stranger things not only back after a disapointing season 3 but better then its ever been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back