Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha. It's like that. Double check all doors locked before bed. Definitely one that should be watched at night. And the miserable weather in SA the last week has been the perfect atmosphere to accompany it.

Definitely. The house was making all kinds of spooky noises last night thanks to the awful weather. And yeah, as an 80s kid, I'm loving the nostalgia pr0n. Tonally, it feels right in that era, too. Almost like a throwback to classic Spielberg. Hooked!

Will Byers coughing out a slug and the upside down world momentarily surrounding him reminded of the last scene in Inception with the perpetually spinning top. Perhaps Will is still trapped in the alternative universe after all and he's merely hallucinating that he's back home.

Will Byers coughing out a slug and the upside down world momentarily surrounding him reminded of the last scene in Inception with the perpetually spinning top. Perhaps Will is still trapped in the alternative universe after all and he's merely hallucinating that he's back home.

Hell of a hallucination if it is one, more likely it is now a part of him and in turn made him part of the upside down world. Season 2 will be interesting if and when it is made, hope it is.

Finished it last night, god damn what a show. Think the most impressive thing was how it managed to incoporate so many references and influences, or even scenes and concepts pretty much ripped straight out of something else yet still remain its own thing and 'fresh' to a degree, like how is that even possible? Just off the top of my head - ET, The Goonies, Stand By Me, IT, Firestarter, Carrie, Poltergiest, Alien, The Thing. I'm sure there are a heap more.

Also got into some pretty dark territory but still managed to mantain a fun, adventurous tone, really well done.

Seems like a season 2 is already locked in but I dunno, it was so good I'd almost prefer they left it one-and-done. The kids all being a year older will be the main issue, their relationship and interests really is the backbone of the show - at least one of them is bound to do a Bran from GoT and be 6 foot tall with a voice like a trombone. Would have to be set 12 months after the events of season 1, suppose it could work. Almost prefer they do an anthology series and have season 2 with a different setting and different cast.

PS. so is 11 really dead? Can read that last scene with Hop where he leaves the food a number of ways - does he know she's alive and is leaving food for her out of kindness? Or is he trying to trap her (last time we saw him he was getting into the car with the government suits)? Do the government guys not know one way of the other and he's leaving food just in case? Guess it will be explored in season 2, too good a character not to be brought back in some way.

Had to check this out after the hype it's been getting.

Two eps in and I am really liking it. The child actors are very good, the soundtrack is great, and the show (so far) has lots of premise. I am quite intrigued and will definitely continue watching.

Will Byers is a dead ringer of a young Elijah Wood.
Said the same thing, looks like him.

Said the mum looked like Winona Ryder without even knowing it was her lol :D

Nah, seems like an awfully cheap move for such a quality sure with flawless writing.

13775383_10153765267420950_7977917947610820520_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ******* amazing show! Paced myself but we knocked it over tonight. So good. Love how it's so set up for a second season. Yay!

El definitely still alive going by what Hop did. What happened to him in the other part of his bargain?

Bring on S2 please

Can NOT get the opening music out of my head and loving it

Halfway through now.

Love to see this on the big screen.

Hey cinemas, we want an ST marathon.

WE WANT IT NOW!!!

I really enjoyed this show - and the obvious benefit of netflix - you can watch all episodes in a row without waiting. Great acting all round, including my childhood crush in Winona Ryder (watched Reality Bites again). The kids were amazing and the storyline was amazing without diverting to stupidity like Wayward Pines. Agree with others the opening music is amazing! cant wait to see where season 2 goes.

What do we think Hop agreed for? He came to an agreement with those CIA people. He was then seen getting in the car with 2 of them, and then after that we saw him at the x-mad party grabbing food and putting it in the forest for, who we think, is for El.

Something a bit suss about it all.

What do we think Hop agreed for? He came to an agreement with those CIA people. He was then seen getting in the car with 2 of them, and then after that we saw him at the x-mad party grabbing food and putting it in the forest for, who we think, is for El.

Something a bit suss about it all.

Definitely. Not to mention the fact he sold El out during the last ep, telling the feds where the kids were hiding (guess you could argue its a reasonable decision from his point of view, getting them to leave him Joyce and the kids alone in exchange for some girl he just met 5 mins ago).

He'd also be pretty valuable to the feds now, being 1 of only 3 people that have spent time in the other dimension and come back successfully. Don't imagine Joyce or Will would be willing to have a chat to them about it anytime soon, so they'd be leveraging that relationship with Hop as much as they can.

Hell of a hallucination if it is one, more likely it is now a part of him and in turn made him part of the upside down world. Season 2 will be interesting if and when it is made, hope it is.
Nah, seems like an awfully cheap move for such a quality sure with flawless writing.

I don't mean a hallucination per se, it could have been dream sequence which is an old trope used previously in other shows. I don't think that's necessarily the case, just putting it out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back