Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on the fan theory that Vecna took will in S1 because Vecna sees himself in Will?
Is Vecna the "big bad" that created the Demigorgons, Demidogs, Mindflare, etc or is he the "general" of the Mindlare / whatever is the ultimate big bad in Season 5?

From the looks of it, and how the narrative has played out, 001 / Vecna was likely licking his wounds in the Upside down and turning from the burnt / decayed body of 001 into the slimy body of Vecna, eventually combined with the mine flare re the tentacles and went from there. Now that he's recovered to full power, he's started killing people to create doorways to the real world in order to eventually find and kill Elle before becoming all powerful or whatever he wants. I don't think he would have had the power to have taken Will, or if that was the case what was he doing between seasons 1 and now?

Is Vecna the "big bad" that created the Demigorgons, Demidogs, Mindflare, etc or is he the "general" of the Mindlare / whatever is the ultimate big bad in Season 5?

From the looks of it, and how the narrative has played out, 001 / Vecna was likely licking his wounds in the Upside down and turning from the burnt / decayed body of 001 into the slimy body of Vecna, eventually combined with the mine flare re the tentacles and went from there. Now that he's recovered to full power, he's started killing people to create doorways to the real world in order to eventually find and kill Elle before becoming all powerful or whatever he wants. I don't think he would have had the power to have taken Will, or if that was the case what was he doing between seasons 1 and now?
Dont think vecna was the big bad. He was created from 1 and the mindflayer. Therefore the mindflayer is bigger. May be a surprise villian even bigger though for the final season.

So finally finished it. Do we need to use spoiler tags in here?

Actually think it is by far the weakest season so far, with just too many tangents that I couldn't care about and overly convenient plot devices... but then the final episode brought it all together in a big way and redeemed a lot of the criticisms I'd had up until that point, so now I need to think about it a bit more, I expect I'll like the second half more than the first.

Couple of things off the top of my head:

1. Will has caught feelings for either Mike or El right? Like he is acting too weird for it just to be a missing a best friend thing.

2. Anybody else think that he was 1 right off the bat? I don't mean in a "worked it out" way, but that when he put the circle in to the 1 that he was intending to tell El he was 1 and that was how it was supposed to be interpreted by the viewer.

I feel like if you didn’t realise this you might not have been paying all that much attention to have much of a critique worth reading.
Fair call, I might have given up on it too early in hindsight.

I knew he had two kids that died and one was a girl but didnt notice the other, thought it might have been two daughters

Another negative is what they’ve done with Robin. She was presented as a smart multilingual problem solver in season 3. Now she’s just some ditzy girl who makes dumb wisecracks.
The other thing I can't get over with Robin is wasn't she madly in love with Nancy? I feel like they would have done at least something with that.

I think she is actually one of the better characters in season 4 but agree that she is just not the same as her character in 3.

The other thing I can't get over with Robin is wasn't she madly in love with Nancy? I feel like they would have done at least something with that.

I think she is actually one of the better characters in season 4 but agree that she is just not the same as her character in 3.
I thought Robin was in love with her band mate, but that was never mentioned again after the first episode.

I thought Robin was in love with her band mate, but that was never mentioned again after the first episode.
You mean Anne (the red head)? I didn't see that.

Season 3 she had that big speech with Steve about how she was crazy about Nancy I thought, then season 4 started out with her crushing on the singing girl.

Its weird. I thought she was a good character in both season 3 and season 4, but it almost feels like two separate characters played by the same actor.

Fair call, I might have given up on it too early in hindsight.

I knew he had two kids that died and one was a girl but didnt notice the other, thought it might have been two daughters
Theres a whole episode (clear homage to Silence of the Lambs) where thats discussed and detailed.

It sounds condescending (not intentionally) but if youre gonna critique a show like this with a bit going on in detail and plot you gotta pay attention, at least from my POV.

People can like, dislike etc. by all means but i usually tune out of it if its evident someone was fumbling around on candy crush while watching.

Yeh ep 1 i think at the pep rally they made this really evident and then it hasnt really resurfaced. I think it was there to show that even though shes got moxie shes still a scared teenager (there was an interview with some of the cast where they discussed that they love the fact even though these kids have battled through the upside down and monsters etc they are still terrified of not being accepted by their peers etc).

Season 3 she had that big speech with Steve about how she was crazy about Nancy I thought, then season 4 started out with her crushing on the singing girl.

Its weird. I thought she was a good character in both season 3 and season 4, but it almost feels like two separate characters played by the same actor.
Yeh i agree with this, Maya Hawkes great and i dont dislike Robin this season but she wasnt the zany bumbling buffoon last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robin had a crush on Tammy Thompson, who had a crush on Steve.

Theres a whole episode (clear homage to Silence of the Lambs) where thats discussed and detailed.

It sounds condescending (not intentionally) but if youre gonna critique a show like this with a bit going on in detail and plot you gotta pay attention, at least from my POV.

People can like, dislike etc. by all means but i usually tune out of it if its evident someone was fumbling around on candy crush while watching.
Ah yeah haven't seen Silence of the Lambs. I did watch the episode but didn't take in the gender of the kids. Didn't think it would ever be important beyond just a couple of kids that were killed.

But yeah I'm not trying to give a really indepth critique or change anybody's mind, just giving my own thoughts on it. If you disagree and love it I'm fine with that, in fact it makes me happy that people can take joy out of it.

I think for me the first season was incredible and the peak was probably the fake body or the christmas lights episodes. They had two main storylines but they were tightly woven together and played off each other. The second season had a great villain and introduced Max who is awesome which made it really good too. Then the third season I thought was a drop off from that but still not too bad. This one just feels more bloated and disconnected with so many different storylines I don't care about and a lot of rushed conveniences just to make things happen. Its still a good show though - if they'd kept it focused around Nancy, Robin, Dustin, Steve, Eddy, Max, Lucas and El, I just think it would have been much better (ie cut most of the Hopper/Joyce/Murray/Yuri/government agencies/Jonathan/Suzie/Jonathan's mate stuff out)

I also found Vecna really ridiculous and bad for most of the show, thought he was a s**t villain and really only served as comic relief as his silly voice made me laugh. But now knowing that he is 1 and there is a reason behind it all I feel very differently about it - that's the bit I wish I'd given more of a chance to looking back

Ah yeah haven't seen Silence of the Lambs. I did watch the episode but didn't take in the gender of the kids. Didn't think it would ever be important beyond just a couple of kids that were killed.

But yeah I'm not trying to give a really indepth critique or change anybody's mind, just giving my own thoughts on it. If you disagree and love it I'm fine with that, in fact it makes me happy that people can take joy out of it.

I think for me the first season was incredible and the peak was probably the fake body or the christmas lights episodes. They had two main storylines but they were tightly woven together and played off each other. The second season had a great villain and introduced Max who is awesome which made it really good too. Then the third season I thought was a drop off from that but still not too bad. This one just feels more bloated and disconnected with so many different storylines I don't care about and a lot of rushed conveniences just to make things happen. Its still a good show though - if they'd kept it focused around Nancy, Robin, Dustin, Steve, Eddy, Max, Lucas and El, I just think it would have been much better (ie cut most of the Hopper/Joyce/Murray/Yuri/government agencies/Jonathan/Suzie/Jonathan's mate stuff out)
You should watch Silence of the Lambs.

I think I need to prepare myself for Steve to die

The whole season has been pumping him up for the producers to RIP our hearts out

C****S!
Steve is my favourite character but I do think the show needs to kill off one of the main cast.

Hoppers death would have been such a great end but they cheaply brought him back, they need to add a dramatic effect of one of the popular characters going.

Steve is my favourite character but I do think the show needs to kill off one of the main cast.

Hoppers death would have been such a great end but they cheaply brought him back, they need to add a dramatic effect of one of the popular characters going.

I’m assuming they have a reason for Hopper coming back ... the Russian story arc was fun (mostly due to Murray, Yuri, and the Hopper-Jaqen bromance), but very slow moving.

If it’s to give Elle a family (she doesn’t seem to fit with the Byers) then I’m OK with it. MBB and Harbours chemistry / paring is fantastic imo

Also that he might be gay
Not just a popular theory. The actor who plays Hop has basically comfirmed it and implied you would have to be an idiot to not realise will is gay. there is a whole Will is gayfanbase out there.

it all seems a bit cliched to me. The quiet nerdy kid is gay. Hopefully there is more to Wills secret then just being gay.

They not only need to kill a character but they need to do it before the final season. Its easy to kill a character in the final episodes of a show. Takes a bit of balls to kill a popular character well before the end. Plus you have all the emotional fallout of the death to play out on screen.

the show has gone even more horror this season. You cant have a horror show without main characters unexpectedly dying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back