AFL Club
Fremantle

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Boy Who Came Back to Life:

I'm just not buying the whole PTSD angle. Dustin mentions (albeit brifley) Shadow Walking in season 1. I think Will now has the ability to peer into the Shadow/Dark plane. Notice how the lights flicker, I think this is a subtle hint that this is something more than a PTSD flashback.

The Pumpkin Patch:

Another nod to another Carpenter classic? I the title is referencing Halloween (the movie/Holiday) and the eggs seen in season 1. However, I remain unconvinced that the monster from season 1 birthed those eggs.

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watched it over a couple nights, finished it last night at about 3am. What am I going to do with my life now?

Pretty much think what everyone else has mentioned. I was born in 83, so while there's a few movie themes I noticed throughout, there's a lot I don't recognise. But I love every bit of the show anyway. Think it was the last episode when they were on their bikes getting chased, everyone watching it would have expected an ET flying bike scene - was bloody awesome when the van ended up flipping over instead.

Much like everyone else, absolutely loved El and Gummy.

There were some moments that genuinely freaked me out. Also were a lot of scenes that gave me some mega goosebumps, not just from the scary parts, but from some of the reveals too. And the last episode towards the end (straight after the Hopper daughter in hospital, Will waking up and then El vanishing) left me seriously emotional and I actually had a couple of tears come out... But I'll blame the tears on the yawning.

Watched it all alone, but hopefully I can convince the wife to watch it. She won't appreciate the 80's throwbacks and it might be a bit too dark for her, but hope that the story line might get her hooked.

crowsarethebest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Haven't been this hooked in a show since breaking bad. So so good! Binge watched the whole series yday, can't wait for the new season. Millie Brown is an absolute star by the way, incredible actress and can't believe she's only 11/12.

Got around to watching this on the back of all the hype and recommendations. It was such an enjoyable and suspenseful show to watch, the main characters were written well and it's nice to see such a well written throwback of a show. I hope season 2 is as good.

Interesting that the guys behind it are working on a version of Stephen Kings IT, that has the kid who played Mike in it. Hopefully they can take the book to new levels even if they won't be able to surpass the greatness of Tim Currys Pennywise.

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really enjoyed the series, my wife and I binge watched it in 2 nights.

Hope they can have as good second series. Good to see Winona Ryder back properly.

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems like a 2nd season is very likely, they're planning on filming it as the characters age, so a school year each season like Harry Potter
Good Idea, they don't want to get stuck trying to keep the characters young as the actors age (for example Game of thrones)

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I loved it. Mike reminded me a little of young Evan from Butterfly effect. His dymanic with his sister early on reminded me of Donnie Darko as well.

I'm not usually a fan of Horror, especially monster based horrors, but I was really reeled in by the mental breakdown of Winona Ryder, and everything to do with Eleven and how it was still all a 'game' to them.

Good Idea, they don't want to get stuck trying to keep the characters young as the actors age (for example Game of thrones)
Boys are much worse for it as well. Walt's storyline in Lost is one of the biggest let downs in Television history.
She did have a memorial to go to.

I'm not sure what some people want from a actors performance. Your child goes missing and people (not you edgie) want her to be less shouty. I found hers quite compelling and although I was internally begging her to settle the **** down I could definitely relate to what she was going through. I actually said to my wife that given some of the s**t in her past I'd forgotten she could act.
Me too. She was peak crazy just before they found the body/the Dad came back, and I think that calmed her down quite a bit.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Watched it over the week. Was very difficult to stop watching, could've smashed it out quicker if I had time!

Absolutely loved it! So, so good. The pacing, the vibe, the acting, the suspense; just so well done in every aspect.

Can't wait for season 2. Hopper was a gun, my favourite character. Wonder what happened after he got in the car, and I'm thinking Eleven is alive given the food he delivered. As for Will...that ending can't bode well for him.

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
IMG_0618.JPG

Back