Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved the addition of the Hawke/Thurman kid. Every time she was on screen she owned.

Also, just finished. How long am I going to have Neverending Story rattling round in my head?
I really liked the swerve that she wasn't interested in Steve.. Very well done and a good surprise away from the obvious story

I really liked the swerve that she wasn't interested in Steve.. Very well done and a good surprise away from the obvious story
If Disney had made the show there'd be an uproar about it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Billy was pretty much perfect for the role needed. Nailed it.

Hopper is growing his beard out. Maybe for season 4 ? Locked in the room for a while perhaps. First thing Eleven does when regaining her powers to maybe look for him ?
I don't think the beard is anything but I'm certainly expecting the rest to be true. They already did the heroic sacrafice with Sean Austin and I don't think that was the end of Hopper/Winona Ryder

Possibly the best series so far. Great editing between scenes of the various characters doing their things. Fantastic soundtrack. I just lost my suspension of disbelief towards the end as a whole hospital was massacred and a chief of police was chased by a machine gun wielding Russian without outside intervention.

Smashed through it all in 3 days, I never do that with shows even on Netflix.

Awesome as ever, although I reckon the editing wasn't as good as previous seasons - was like they held for a beat or 2 too long on scenes at last once every ep, thinking specifically of some love interest and Dr Alexi stuff. Its fine that stuff was in there but it was like yep we get it, move it along. Absolutely no fat on season 1 and 2 (apart from THAT S2 episode) in comparison.

Still, small quibble in the scheme of things. Kids were all great again and I liked the use of Billy after him being an ultra generic antagoist in season 2. Thought the Steve and Robyn stuff was particularly strong, wanted more Steve-Dustin bromance but hey we got that in season 2 and still got some nice callbacks in that regard.

Pretty emotional last ep, really well done I thought

the wifey teared up when Hop went and then Joyce looking at Eleven in the mall parking lot afterwards as she was hugging Will, I may not have been too far behind ;)

There had been so many close escapes over the course of the season I was thinking they probably need a meaningful death to add a bit of weight, show delivered. Although I realise we didn't actually see him disintergrate.

Always enjoy picking the homages and influences in this show and of course season 3 added a heap more - Red Dawn, Terminator, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Jaws, Jurassic Park, The Shining, The Blob.

PS. Was that Barb (season 1) in the news report in the epilogue? #justiceforbarb lol

Season 3 was a very fun first episode back. 80s nostalgia in full swing and it was great!
-The actor who's playing Billy has buffed up a bit and looks more the part of the quintessential 80s bully now. If his character brings the gorgeous Cara Buono into the show more then I'm happy.
-The threat of the underground continues to ramp up and those sneaky f'n Russians coming into the fold makes things interesting and is a great thing to introduce to the show as Russians were the main antagonist in the Regan-era of movies.
-It's interesting seeing how differently the kids are aging. Mike in particular went from looking 10 in the first season to 16. The rest of the kids only look maybe 2 years older.
-But what have they done to David Harbour? He had great people skills in the first season. He was the voice of reason. Now he's utterly clueless about how to handle dealing with a teenage relationship under his roof? So stupid and not true to the character at all.
-Loving Dustin and his ham radio set-up with that giant antenna out in the open field. You could tell it was gonna be important to the plot and sure enough he's already picking up transmission of those sneaky f'n Russians! Can't wait to see how this plays out!

So overall I liked the first episode. A few things annoyed me, but it's a great set-up and I'm loving falling back into the 80s nostalgia so much. Less 11 and Mike kissy kissy BS and more Mrs Wheeler looking fine and my main man Steve please!

Meh, I thought Hop's character this season was fairly in-line with what he's been up to this point, certainly re: Eleven. He was already struggling with her last season about not being able to go out, rang pretty true that he'd handle her having a boyfriend badly.

Last edited:
I haven't really followed Stranger Things rumours since the last one, but everyone seems certain Season 4 is a thing? I thought it was a 3 season wrap last I'd heard. Pretty disappointing, it could only get worse from here.

Was pretty sure they said it will be 4 seasons and that's it but I can't find the article now. Guess its possible they're revising that plan anyway considering the show will be the biggest in Netflix's history, pretty insane numbers -> https://www.buzzfeed.com/deliacai/stranger-things-season-3-just-broke-a-huge-record-for

Was pretty sure they said it will be 4 seasons and that's it but I can't find the article now. Guess its possible they're revising that plan anyway considering the show will be the biggest in Netflix's history, pretty insane numbers -> https://www.buzzfeed.com/deliacai/stranger-things-season-3-just-broke-a-huge-record-for
I don't think they'll struggle to make a good show, I just hope that the situations don't begin to feel contrived, the first or fourth time around.

I am of that time and still found it extremely cringe. You are not alone.

Yeah another example for mine of what I was talking about with poor editing, was cool/funny but just didn't need to be that long. Although actually, thinking about it now I can kinda let it slide because the whole thing was required for a story reason - Suzie wanting to hear it before she'd tell him Planck's constant. Don't imagine she'd be too happy if Dustin just pulled up after the first bit.

If Disney had made the show there'd be an uproar about it!

Haha yep.

Was also thinking to myself a few times imagine if this was Game of Thrones. People would be bitching about

- the kids having time to prep/barricade Hop's cabin
- the mindflayer merging into a single creature as opposed to just slowly assimilating everyone in the town/state/country (der, who's writing this sh1t, such BAD TACTICS lolz)
- the fireworks detonating on impact or all having perfect fuse times, and the creature just sitting in the middle of the food court taking it

Not that any of those things are problems in the slightest by the way, just found it interesting lol

-But what have they done to David Harbour? He had great people skills in the first season. He was the voice of reason. Now he's utterly clueless about how to handle dealing with a teenage relationship under his roof? So stupid and not true to the character at all.
Nah, it was pretty true to character for tough dads of that era to threaten daughters boyfriends - or at least talk about it - rather than deal with them growing up.

So this is weird -> https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/09/stra...rs-toxicity-called-evan-rachel-wood-10136110/

I mean yeah he sure isn't a SNAG but I'm not really seeing the angle here, plenty of contemporary tv/movie characters you'd point out are not suitable dating material before you get to Hopper o_O

And
She rescheduled the date he yelled and got in her face about while policing every guy she spoke to,’ Evan wrote. ‘No thanks.’

I legit don't remember any of that (policing guys she speaks to).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back