Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television
So this is weird -> https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/09/stra...rs-toxicity-called-evan-rachel-wood-10136110/

I mean yeah he sure isn't a SNAG but I'm not really seeing the angle here, plenty of contemporary tv/movie characters you'd point out are not suitable dating material before you get to Hopper o_O

And

I legit don't remember any of that (policing guys she speaks to).
I thought yelling about the date was a bit of a weird choice but... I dunno. Who has that much energy to nitpick that detail.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
So this is weird -> https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/09/stra...rs-toxicity-called-evan-rachel-wood-10136110/

I mean yeah he sure isn't a SNAG but I'm not really seeing the angle here, plenty of contemporary tv/movie characters you'd point out are not suitable dating material before you get to Hopper o_O

And

He does say a couple of times that she's speaking to her "new boyfriend" with respect to Alexie and someone else, I can't remeber who the other one is.

Fact of the matter is - he's not supposed to be the perfect boyfriend material.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
He does say a couple of times that she's speaking to her "new boyfriend" with respect to Alexie and someone else, I can't remeber who the other one is.

The school science teacher with the magnets

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just finished it then, loved the season and it was much better than season 2. Hawke’s inclusion was a great addition and Montgomery acted very well as Billy.

Just on the ending:

I think next season is perfectly set up for Hopper still being alive for the following reasons:
- “The American” post credits scene which David Harbour discusses in an interview.
- Perfect opportunity to drag out the reunion with Eleven, given she doesn’t have the power to find him anymore
- Would it be stale from a screenwriting point of view to end 2 consecutive seasons with Joyce’s love interest being killed?

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

The school science teacher with the magnets

Ah right, yep I probably missed that. Still not sure that qualifies as "policing every guy she talks to" - she'd just stood him up to meet with the guy. Could have handled the situation better and given her a chance to explain but that's not really his character is it.

Anyway, not worth the oxygen I'm giving it :drunk:

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

And

Also saw an article saying 'Robin deserved better in Stranger Things season 3' and I kid you not, the reasoning was because 'who could have not seen this beautiful girl sitting in history class' in reference to Steve saying he never noticed her. The feminist agenda can be tough to understand sometimes.

Loved season 3 btw. Adore this show.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just finished it, thought the robyn character was a great addition, recently found out she's got some very famous parents you can definitely see she's uma thurman's daughter at times, she can act though so good for her.

My fav. character in this show is murray, the conspiracy russian/american guy, i reckon he is hilarious and steals every scene he's in for sure.

Another very entertaining third series, have read there doing a fourth on here? Honestly reckon they should probably end it here without spoiling it but we'll see how it goes i guess

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
It's television, doesn't need to make sense. ;)
Yes it does
Meh, I thought Hop's character this season was fairly in-line with what he's been up to this point, certainly re: Eleven. He was already struggling with her last season about not being able to go out, rang pretty true that he'd handle her having a boyfriend badly.
he was a ridiculous spoof of himself this season. He was actually a serious character in the first two seasons.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Loved the season, love this show.

The sexism that Nancy had to deal with at the local paper, Imagine speaking like that to someone today. Was that type of behavior common in the 80s?
I believe so.
I would say those scenes were highly exaggerated for effect, it would have been more subtle and casual, the undercurrent would have been there though that women would have felt in the workforce for sure, it would have been worse in the 70's, 60's, when they first started to enter workforce in more numbers.

Back