Strangest place you have seen someone wearing an AFL jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone said they saw someone wearing an Essendon jumper in Novosibirsk yesterday that was me!

I bet even in Russia, nobody likes Essendon.

If anything the Russians would love Essendon, heck they were probably trading supplements together.

Holiday Inn lobby on Hollywood boulevard 1994 checking in with mates and a guy walking out in a tigers jumper.. He joined us and we got on the piss for 3/4 days straight... Funnily enough bumped into him a couple of weeks later in London at the Oval for the Richmond vs Carlton and West coast vs Adelaide exhibition games followed by another couple of days on the piss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably posted already...
500x500.jpg

Lived in Vancouver for awhile. Guy at my gym used to get around in a crows singlet.

In Japan as a kid I was surprised to meet a guy in a Melbourne scarf, who was surprised to see a Japanese kid (my brother) running around in an AFL hat.

I once saw Tyrone Vickery wearing a football jumper on the MCG.

One day at the place I used to work in London a bloke came in wearing full Carlton kit, short sleeved jumper and a 80s tightness of shorts. So quite up for a chat, I'm like oh you're a Carlton fan, he was happy to engage and best way of putting it was that he was very friendly and slightly theatrical in his way.

So had a little chat about Carlton, mentioned Kouta.

The place where I worked was quite a niche wellness place, mainly floatation thanks but also some therapists, acupuncture, massage etc.

So he tells me he does massage, would be interested in working from there. Shall he give me his card, I say yeah go ahead, he tells me his name and pushes the card into my hand and off he goes.

I go back into my office and take a look at his card, so there's a picture of him but a little more undressed, the name isn't the name he gave and despite this being around 2011 it was basically one of those cards that used to get put in telephone kiosks in the 1980s and 90s offering sexual services. It appeared he wasn't catering for the female clientele.

I was a little bemused to say the least. I tore the card up and dropped it in my bin, then thought about it for 10 seconds and pulled out all the pieces and ripped them into even smaller ones so it could never be put together again and haven't ever thought about it again until opening this thread.

Just thinking about it, it really was a rather odd occurrence.

At the same place I was outside smoking a ciggie, I was wearing an Olympique Marseilles t shirt, that says Droit au But on the back, which was their moto, means right at the goal, it was a legacy of a former girlfriend from Marseilles. Anyway a rather excited Frenchman came up and asked in his pigeon English why I was wearing it and could he take a photo for his mates back home as he's from Marseilles and a big fan. Being the showman I am I jumped up on a bench and turned my back with arms raised and thumbs pointing down to the words on the back. And I'd like to think right now there's a thread on an Olympique Marseilles forum asking strangest place you've seen someone wearing some of their stuff and that froggy put up that photo.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back