Strangest player in the league (past/present)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he rode his pushy over the Nullabour one off season.

Yeah i was going to suggest Austin McCrabb.

Apparently he had a spare tyre around his neck on that ride, only to find it was punctured anyway.

Dwayne Russell i think wrote an article saying how he was playing golf one day and just saw Austin randomly sitting under a tree eating a bag of peanuts.

Got left out of the team quarter time huddle once by Malcolm Blight because he....... can't remember the reason now but just the thought of Blight coaching McCrabb ...... the mind boggles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He certaintly got himself paid pretty well out of it. Odd guy but he puts on a lot.

But he could play a bit too! Mostly put on nonsense I 'd reckon, a professional weirdo!

I think he was reasonably genuine in his Open Mike conversation , but that comes from old style good footballers who cannot see the game today as anything but a fraud. And a corporate money maker!

And there are many older players who don't follow it any more.

Not so much weird but Chad Wingard has no interest in AFL outside of Port whatsoever doesn't watch any other games or read media.
Is more into NBA infact i recall an interview him saying he'd rather an NBA title any day over AFL, just plays because he's good nothing else.
Also believe he may abit of a loner within the playing group, Port fans may be able to elaborate more

Champagne comedy! Remember that?

Interesting one Manton. Had a bolt through the schlong which I think automatically qualifies somebody as very weird.

Tried to be a professional soccer player then a bobsledder after he retired. Then founded Whitelion and has pretty much worked with troubled youth since.

I've heard him speak a couple of times, really interesting guy. Life could have easily gone another way IIRC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back