Strategy for 2017

How much cash will you have left going into round 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My current strategy is to load up in my mids and pick mid pricers in my backs and forwards since i don't think there are many reliable premiums in those areas. What mid price madness allows me to do is downgrade the failed picks to the rookie/s that i missed. At the moment i've got players like Ryder, Heeney, Bob Murphy, Thurlow, Sandi, Roughy, Hartlett, Hibberd, Beams that i hope can increase their averages and become top 10 players in their respective positions

Early days obviously but I'm starting to think I might start light on in the forwards and go big in the mids, rookies allowing of course.

Honestly not many you could be sure will be top 6 in the same confidence you would have in the back or middle. At the moment running with 4 premo backs, Gawnilands, 3 premo forwards (including Ryder), and the Godly midfield group of Danger/Pendles/JPK/Treloar/Bont/Fyfe

1) Never pick a player from your own side priced between 200k and 550k
2) Never listen to people talking about players from their own club
3) GET THE DOG!!!!!

Max+Gawn+AFL+Rd+12+Melbourne+v+Collingwood+1cqJdUka-37l.jpg

Had a shocker of a year last year because I went with too many midpricers. Started well but found it hard to upgrade around the byes and fell away towards the finals.

This year I've made a list of the players I think are going to finish in the top 3-10 in their position and slotted them in appropriately.

Proper guns and rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting with 16 slightly lower end keepers and be the first to full premo would be my play at this stage only upgrading to super premos through the year. With any luck one of these lower end premos can be bench cover on each line at the end of the year.

So your Beams, Hartlett's, pig Hibberd etc who I think will all be top 10 in their pos. This depends how many cheap rookies are around obviously but I have a bit of wiggle room. I think this allows a strong starting team and less rookies on field.

Starting with 16 slightly lower end keepers and be the first to full premo would be my play at this stage only upgrading to super premos through the year. With any luck one of these lower end premos can be bench cover on each line at the end of the year.

So your Beams, Hartlett's, pig Hibberd etc who I think will all be top 10 in their pos. This depends how many cheap rookies are around obviously but I have a bit of wiggle room. I think this allows a strong starting team and less rookies on field.

I think this stratetgy is complete crap

Must be coz I'm doing something very very similar;)

I've been thinking strategy more than making teams and researching players.
That will come when all the site load up the new prices, positions and data.

So far, without a doubt it's stack the mids, premo all the way.
Then 2 premo in FWD and DEF with one value pick as well which is Hibberd and Ryder ATM.

Ruck is Gawn and Sandi as Ryder covers sandi and the extra 300k from Sandi goes to a 6th premo mid.

I still haven't seen any reason to change from this. It would take a few big pre seasons from some old favourites like Barlow and The Chad to convince me to get the 4th 'premo' FWD or DEF instead but really those campaigners are dead to me sooooo probably aint gonna happen.

Easy strategy. Drink more and make decisions based on absolute bullshit reasons.. like hmmm Nroo is due for a big one come GF ;)

Sometimes they work.. and other times they don't

Oh and always take the #1 box at Albion Park greyhound, but stay away from that s**t hole Mandura. Alexandra park can GAGF too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy strategy. Drink more and make decisions based on absolute bullshit reasons.. like hmmm Nroo is due for a big one come GF ;)

Sometimes they work.. and other times they don't

Oh and always take the #1 box at Albion Park greyhound, but stay away from that s**t hole Mandura. Alexandra park can GAGF too.
That strategy almost worked for me, still lost by 5 pts. I'm not bitter, I'm over it.

raw

Sounds good in theory.
1. You nail it and your in the front pack
2. Trade your ass off as they turn out to be 70av steaming pile of s**t list cloggers
3. Die a slow death with your team of mid pricers

A) Trust my gut for once, it's about time I started to trust the thing it owes me at least 50k in beer coin.
B) Put a heap of advice up around here and copy the teams that don't listen.

Don't copy that campaigner Toxic tho, ffs he just chooses random pods.
And he's apparently going to do no research and simply copy a bigger campaigner called KardiniaPark

Like a lot I'll go heavy in the mids. I think you'll fall too far behind too quickly this year if you don't.

Too much uncertainty with backs & fwds & to a lesser extent rucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back