Strategy without De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned the fact that Degoey did his hammy in the first 48 seconds of the game on Friday night.
I suggested this might have been the case to a poster on this thread ( I think) who said we wouldn't miss DeGoey because he hardly touched the pill in the first half. I remember watching him run toward a loose ball in the first term with two Cat's defenders and he looked like had one of those elastic training belts on with a heavy weight attached. He was clearly hampered during his time on the ground.

His X factor is in his unpredictability and elusiveness. What will crock do? Where will Crock go next? It bamboozles opponents. He does it all.. Takes huge contested grabs and kicks benders from the boundary. Crock has some freaky skills man. Nightmare for the opposition to match up on.

Love the Crock, love his spirit, but I suspect his presence in a prelim would bring more Y/why than X factor.

Love the Crock, love his spirit, but I suspect his presence in a prelim would bring more Y/why than X factor.

Chris Scott has a lot of Y Factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am in favour of bringing in Ben Reid. Was against the three talls but with no Cox/De Goey we need Reid imo. Risky given his injury history but for me he plays... then sadly goes out for De Goey should we win.

Reid was a great defender CHB in the past. Perhaps Darcy at CHF ? Darcy's natural position growing up.
Just a thought

There is 2 options. Varcoe or Reid.
Imo Bringing in Varcoe would be a wiser decision if we were to play Brisbane, their backline is a fair bit slower than GWS. So Varcoe, stevo & Elliott out of the goal-square could expose the speed.
If we play the Giants I’d lean towards Reid. Considering their backline + he can chop out in the ruck

With or without JDG we’re fine. We played with 21 on Friday night and beat the top ranked team so all we need is someone to have one moment and we’re better next time out. My hope is still that he gets back for the GF, but it’s hope only.

Without JDG we need another deep target which is something we did miss and the options depend on the opposition. Against Brisbane I think we could bring Madgen and Shaz in then throw Roughead forward, but the problem is that’s a one week solution that won’t work v any of the other teams still in it. Realistically it has to be Reid to improve our forward and ruck structure plus settle the defensive structure. I don’t know if his body’s up to it, but we need 160 minutes of footy out of it that’s all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back