Stratton joins WWE: Pinches, Stomps, Gestures

Remove this Banner Ad

Embarrassing for Hawthorn to have him as captain. Likely to be stripped of it, you'd think. Can't have your captain pinching blokes and gesturing obscenities to the fans.

Do all 3 flicks need to happen all at once? Does everyone get to stand around and watch? I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL found a way to cash in on it and televise it.

Or can each one be anytime Fantasia chooses and Stratton needs to live in constant fear of not knowing when he'll cop a flick?
Ah, the old slap bet conundrum.

Embarrassing for Hawthorn to have him as captain. Likely to be stripped of it, you'd think. Can't have your captain pinching blokes and gesturing obscenities to the fans.
It's likely Hawthorn don't give a * if it offended you

It's likely Hawthorn don't give a **** if it offended you

Seems like quite a poorly ran club then. A big fall from grace from their glory days.

What a load of ****. Hodge was belting campaigners and sinking piss while winning flags for fun.

But he never held the fans with contempt. Also, Hodge was happy to take plenty, too. Couldn't imagine Hodge pinching blokes because he was too afraid to get into any real, physical confrontation.

But he never held the fans with contempt. Also, Hodge was happy to take plenty, too. Couldn't imagine Hodge pinching blokes because he was too afraid to get into any real, physical confrontation.
Hodgey did some dumb s**t on and off field over the journey

Clubs put up with a lot when they player is a winner

Whether they will be able to keep doing that with how the world is turning will be interesting.

Guarantee that Reeve's comments on Stratton were to appease Sponsors.

Used to be all clubs had to care about was winning, now they have to worry about whether the money will get pulled.

Might make them more accountable but they aren't accountable to you or me, they are accountable to where the big $$$ are coming from, Sponsors, TV and the AFL

Stratts isn't a coward, Hodge said he was the most courageous bloke on the team during the 3peat, doesn't mean he can't be a bully though, they aren't all cowards and there is a fair bit of that on the footy field where players are looking for an edge

2 weeks for the stomp.
Absolutely no place for that **** in our game.

As for the pinch.
Fantasia should get 3 flicks to Stratton's nuts, it can be the same nut 3 times or a 2-1 split.

2 weeks? Hahaha please.

I was expecting something really violent based on it going to the tribunal even though it's an offence that has a classification.

But watch the incident McKernan steps on his foot (accidentally I'm guessing) and Stratton overreacted and did it back.

It's real primary school stuff, stamping on feet.

Let's not forget Caddy stomped on Daniel Howe's hand and only got a fine, no tribunal necessary because it was a final I guess.

So whatever happened to the Stevie Baker rule/law.
Didn't he cop multiple weeks for doing similar to Stevie J?

“Stinchy” will get a week or two.

It’s a terrible look for the game.

I just explain to our Auskicker that its bad and a club Captain needs to “lead”, and not stoop to “silly bullying” tactics.

It’s the best way to explain it to a 5 year old, but as an adult, my thoughts are it’s just a childish and stupid “example” from an AFL club captain 👎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most annoying thing about this is the lack of conviction from Stratton.

Apparently now it's not what he stands for. He is disappointed with his actions. He is apologetic and remorseful.

Except he clearly wasn't until the public backlash became clear. It was hilariously funny with Cameron, he thought he was real funny during the game with Fantasia.
According to Lewis he's been doing the s**t for years and now he's been called out on the big stage, his CEO says he's apologetic and remorseful.

Lol, nope, you're just in damage control and it's so obvious.

More respect if he just went "up to the umpires to sanction me as they see fit if I overstep the line". He'd cop a little more outrage from the outrage groups but at least you'd have some respect for his ownership of it.

To pretend that you're remorseful and apologetic after nearly a decade of the crap that has finally reached a pinnacle is ridiculous. We all suspect he's been celebrated for the same s**t behind closed doors too but now the same group that voted him as captain is disappointed with his actions tut tut. Just like I imagine Firrito was and Thompson is at North, just so we're clear.

Most annoying thing about this is the lack of conviction from Stratton.

Apparently now it's not what he stands for. He is disappointed with his actions. He is apologetic and remorseful.

Except he clearly wasn't until the public backlash became clear. It was hilariously funny with Cameron, he thought he was real funny during the game with Fantasia.
According to Lewis he's been doing the **** for years and now he's been called out on the big stage, his CEO says he's apologetic and remorseful.

Lol, nope, you're just in damage control and it's so obvious.

More respect if he just went "up to the umpires to sanction me as they see fit if I overstep the line". He'd cop a little more outrage from the outrage groups but at least you'd have some respect for his ownership of it.

To pretend that you're remorseful and apologetic after nearly a decade of the crap that has finally reached a pinnacle is ridiculous. We all suspect he's been celebrated for the same **** behind closed doors too but now the same group that voted him as captain is disappointed with his actions tut tut. Just like I imagine Firrito was and Thompson is at North, just so we're clear.
This is the world we live in now though. Public apology or the mob continues.

They are after Smith now for not throwing him under the bus when they tried to get him to at the press conference today.

You can't just wait for it to go away with the AFL news cycles during bye week. They don't have anything else to report on....

The commentators said it was part of the game. Do this in any other game and see what you get.

Now they say they had no clear vision so why did the umpire give a pinching gesture.

They simply wanted to pretend it did not happen but everybody at the ground could see it.

Simply ask him if he did or did not so that the Hawks supporters know what they stand for

The commentators said it was part of the game. Do this in any other game and see what you get.

Now they say they had no clear vision so why did the umpire give a pinching gesture.

They simply wanted to pretend it did not happen but everybody at the ground could see it.

Simply ask him if he did or did not so that the Hawks supporters know what they stand for
What are you on about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back