Current Strawberry Contamination

• Needles have now been linked to strawberries in WA, NSW, Queensland, Tasmania and SA
  • Authorities are urging people to cut up fruit before eating it
  • Growers are battling to contain the crisis as stores begin dumping strawberry stock

As more reports of needles surface across the country, the industry is grappling to contain the crisis.

Seven brands of strawberries — Donnybrook Berries, Love Berry, Delightful Strawberries, Oasis brands, Berry Obsession, Berry Licious and Mal's Black Label — have so far been affected.

Supermarket chain, Woolworths, has confirmed that it has withdrawn all the affected brands from sale as a precautionary measure.

The WA Department of Health said people could still purchase locally grown strawberries but, in light of recent events, should cut them before eating.

A Queensland criminologist says the needle contamination scandal engulfing the Australian strawberry industry is a series of "deliberate acts" designed to instil fear in the community. (Is the suggestion a terrorist attack?)

Health Minister Greg Hunt ordered a federal investigation into the matter on Monday after a number of confirmed cases in which sewing needles were found in strawberries across Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...ate-act-to-instil-fear-criminologist/10258504

fruitneedles.png

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
  • Needles have now been linked to strawberries in WA, NSW, Queensland, Tasmania and SA
  • Authorities are urging people to cut up fruit before eating it
  • Growers are battling to contain the crisis as stores begin dumping strawberry stock

As more reports of needles surface across the country, the industry is grappling to contain the crisis.

Seven brands of strawberries — Donnybrook Berries, Love Berry, Delightful Strawberries, Oasis brands, Berry Obsession, Berry Licious and Mal's Black Label — have so far been affected.

Supermarket chain, Woolworths, has confirmed that it has withdrawn all the affected brands from sale as a precautionary measure
The WA Department of Health said people could still purchase locally grown strawberries but, in light of recent events, should cut them before eating.

A Queensland criminologist says the needle contamination scandal engulfing the Australian strawberry industry is a series of "deliberate acts" designed to instil fear in the community. (Is it a terrorist attack?)

Health Minister Greg Hunt ordered a federal investigation into the matter on Monday after a number of confirmed cases in which sewing needles were found in strawberries across Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...ate-act-to-instil-fear-criminologist/10258504
Pretty full on reading. Very brave post. People will steer clear or not hey.

Terrorist act did you say? I suppose it is in that people don't want to have to worry about eating a strawberry. It's making something s**t out of something beautiful. It what a real terrorist does isn't it.
Chip away at the niceness of something, a society.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Strange. Its spreading like disease. Why are there so many copycats?
When the first one happened, it was easier to hope it was one mad person. An individual with issues. But when it started occurring around the nation, well obviously not. It's not copy cat in as much as much as not many people are going to want to copycat that. There aren't that many individually mad people who'd want to copy that when they could be Jesus.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
It seems to be a coordinated thing now to me or not? They say it's not happening at the farms. I can believe that. So we're looking for a co ordinated group of people with phones who don't like us very much I suppose.

It seems to be a coordinated thing now to me or not? They say it's not happening at the farms. I can believe that. So we're looking for a co ordinated group of people with phones who don't like us very much I suppose.

What's even more shocking to me is that they haven't caught anybody yet, CCTV surveillance at supermarkets is so good it's designed to catch people doing sneaky things.

I really hope they get caught.

A team of 100 Queensland police officers has been tasked with solving the strawberry contamination case, but Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says resources are being taken up by copycat attacks and false alarms.

Ms Palaszczuk said the taskforce, which includes 60 detectives, is still trying to find out who put the first needles in fruit, as well as investigating a wave of subsequent incidents.

"The people copying this crime are in many ways worse than those who started it," she told Parliament.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-19/strawberry-needles-queensland-police-taskforce/10280948

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Greenies don't attack strawberries ..
They sure do! They'll do anything to get their point across. Anything. Even if it's worse than what they're trying to stop. And they're not happy unless they're trying to stop something.

For example, they might be trying to cause harm to people because strawberries might be sprayed with something that causes harm to people...

They sure do! They'll do anything to get their point across. Anything. Even if it's worse than what they're trying to stop. And they're not happy unless they're trying to stop something.

For example, they might be trying to cause harm to people because strawberries might be sprayed with something that causes harm to people...

Why would they even do that and then not tell anybody what they'd done and why they'd done it? I don't get it.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Why would they even do that and then not tell anybody what they'd done and why they'd done it? I don't get it.
It's what they do. The metal stakes at Kilmore race track is a similar MO.

There are countless episodes like this:

https://www.2gb.com/animal-rights-protesters-charged-with-animal-cruelty-in-illegal-demonstration

"... 13 people – eight women, four men and a 17-year-old girl – have been arrested and charged with:

– Enter prescribed premises without lawful excuse;

– Commit an act of cruelty upon an animal;

– Malicious damage;

– Steal or kill with intent to steal domestic animal or bird; and

– Enter inclosed lands/interfere conduct of business.

One of the men, aged 46, has also been charged with assaulting police, common assault and use offensive weapon with intent to commit indictable offence. ..."

And of course they lie about what happened. They have no trouble telling lies btw, they're experts at it.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Love ya sprockets but you're just so totes wrong I have to ignore this and we'll have a private chat about your 'greenies are the real terrorists' paranoia x
How do you know I'm wrong? Someone's putting needles in strawberries for a reason.

Back