Strategy Strengthening the Coaching Box

Remove this Banner Ad

That may well eventuate now that the Eagles women's team has been delayed until 2020. Mitchell comes in as midfield coach and will benefit from Petrie giving input on taking advantage of a winning ruck (an area Mitchell has not had much experience with) and meanwhile Graham needs a lot of help as his track record is way against him.

I started this thread on "Strengthening the box". It will be a wasted opportunity if we do not add a senior assistant of strength. I am of the opinion that we swallow some pride and get Sumich to come in. He has recognised he will need to get a gig as a senior assistant if he is out of the main gig for another season so why not now!

Would rather Petrie be the forward coach.. But in saying that if Petrie is a good communicator i am fine with him being a coach.

I would prefer he cut his teeth coaching somewhere else in a less significant role, before he is given a position in the AFL coaching ranks at West Coast.

We need experience in the box we have enough of this in the box already.

download-1.jpg

I would prefer he cut his teeth coaching somewhere else in a less significant role, before he is given a position in the AFL coaching ranks at West Coast.

We need experience in the box we have enough of this in the box already.

View attachment 426521

I agree but the problem is getting anyone with experience over.

If you look at our club over the years when have we ever got an experienced assistant over?
I mean we have been fine getting ex players who have just hung up the boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but the problem is getting anyone with experience over.

If you look at our club over the years when have we ever got an experienced assistant over?
I mean we have been fine getting ex players who have just hung up the boots.

The level of conservatism at our Club over the years has always kept the hand brake on, any bold moves.

Its now getting to the point whereby its hurting us and causing paralysis.

I keep saying it but we need some fresh Senior Management recruited in as our current management has become stale and dated.
Good corporations and companies foster a spirit of vitality and in order to get that you need both fresh ideas and fresh blood.

One on our greatest strengths has now become one of our greatest weaknesses.

SAD but TRUE.:rolleyes::(:thumbsdown:

IMO not welcome at all.

I would be really pissed at the Club if they offered him a job.

The guy is a blight on the game.

As a father that has kids play sport I find his total disregard for the long term health of those who it was his duty of care, to care for, simply deplorable .

He lacks any ethics and is only interested in one thing , that being himself.

Hard to imagine a more selfish, self centred sanctimonious prick.

Hird does not represent the sort of core values I would want around West Coast.
Jesus that's well said

That may well eventuate now that the Eagles women's team has been delayed until 2020. Mitchell comes in as midfield coach and will benefit from Petrie giving input on taking advantage of a winning ruck (an area Mitchell has not had much experience with) and meanwhile Graham needs a lot of help as his track record is way against him.

I started this thread on "Strengthening the box". It will be a wasted opportunity if we do not add a senior assistant of strength. I am of the opinion that we swallow some pride and get Sumich to come in. He has recognised he will need to get a gig as a senior assistant if he is out of the main gig for another season so why not now!
As I said in another post have heard there is no way Sumich will be coming to the Eagles in 2018. Heard he's had an offer but knocked it back? Rumours are rumours though of course.:rolleyes:

I know that, but it's 2018 I'm talking about now! It's what I've heard but it's hard to know at this silly time of the year as to what's true & what is fiction!!;)
I've heard Leigh Matthews has been spotted having coffee with Nisbett in west perth, maybe he's in for some good coin doing consulting?

Also Bartel apparently doing a medical next week for us!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back