Strategy Strengthening the Coaching Box

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if mentioned anywhere, but JK in one of his speeches at the club champion called Sam Mitchell "the most arrogant player he has ever played with" and apparently not said in jest. Mark Hutchings then said something similar. JK backtracked a bit on it later. Hear this on 6pr sports talk.

Heard that at the time, it did sound like it was said in a matey way.

Not sure if mentioned anywhere, but JK in one of his speeches at the club champion called Sam Mitchell "the most arrogant player he has ever played with" and apparently not said in jest. Mark Hutchings then said something similar. JK backtracked a bit on it later. Hear this on 6pr sports talk.
i doubt anyone who watched the event would have seen it that way. seemed more like it was said.in jest to me. just drama farmers looking for a crop imo.

Can't see a vice captain calling a new assistant coach arrogant in a public forum unless it was some kind of joke, would be a recipe for division and tension within the club.

Can't see a vice captain calling a new assistant coach arrogant in a public forum unless it was some kind of joke, would be a recipe for division and tension within the club.

It was in jest but when he went up again he definitely regretted saying it. Pretty stupid thing to say especially in public during a major club function. Not sure it will have much effect on the internal relationships between Mitch and the players but I am sure the management wouldn't be very pleased about it.

People need to lighten up a bit - I'm sure Sam didn't lose any sleep over it. Probably in hindsight Josh realised it wasn't the correct forum to say something Ike that, but I was more surprised that Hutchings said it as well. I would think they have probably said this directly to Sam on the odd occasion, but now that he's going into a coaching role may have to mend their ways!

bo
People need to lighten up a bit - I'm sure Sam didn't lose any sleep over it. Probably in hindsight Josh realised it wasn't the correct forum to say something Ike that, but I was more surprised that Hutchings said it as well. I would think they have probably said this directly to Sam on the odd occasion, but now that he's going into a coaching role may have to mend their ways!
both as thick as two short planks and with no leadership at all - half our problem

Well we can forget about George Stone joining our ranks.:(

After last month finishing up at The Purples it hasn't taken him long to find a new home.

He joins Stew Dew at Gold Coast.

Dean Solomon also promoted to be the assistant coach.

Meanwhile back at Eagles Base Camp we have lost Cox and Longmuir and added Mitchell.
Confidence raising and inspiring stuff................... I think not.

Sometimes I get so frustrated with our Clubs lack of leadership and foresight in regard to on field growth in both player and coaching matters. :rolleyes::mad::huh:

*&^%$($$#@ *&*^$%##$@ @ *&&% #$@((* ........ polite version.

Well we can forget about George Stone joining our ranks.:(

After last month finishing up at The Purples it hasn't taken him long to find a new home.

He joins Stew Dew at Gold Coast.

Dean Solomon also promoted to be the assistant coach.

Meanwhile back at Eagles Base Camp we have lost Cox and Longmuir and added Mitchell.
Confidence raising and inspiring stuff................... I think not.

Sometimes I get so frustrated with our Clubs lack of leadership and foresight in regard to on field growth in both player and coaching matters. :rolleyes::mad::huh:

*&^%$($$#@ *&*^$%##$@ @ *&&% #$@((* ........ polite version.
I was hoping the Eagles were working in the background to get Stone, but not to be! Yes agree the hierarchy of the Club sometimes seem to be asleep at the wheel, whether that's because of Nisbett and/or Vozzy is the question??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see losing Longmuir and Cox as a step in the right direction (a clean out in fact) but each to their own
It's okay to agree with that move and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but surely you need someone to replace them unless that's Mitch and Petrie comes onboard. Also who will be senior assistant coach or isn't Simmo going to have one?

It's okay to agree with that move and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but surely you need someone to replace them unless that's Mitch and Petrie comes onboard. Also who will be senior assistant coach or isn't Simmo going to have one?

What are the chances that we expected Schofield and now he is off the table we are standing around with our dick in hands

I see losing Longmuir and Cox as a step in the right direction (a clean out in fact) but each to their own

I am in the same camp as frenchconnection.

I don't mind a re-gig and adding some fresh ideas to the coaching team :thumbsu: , more my frustrations arise from the fact that most other Clubs are further down the assistant coaching refit than we are and the pool of quality prospective coaches is thinning by the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back