Stringer; is he performing to the expectations of the media and public ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shock horror a fan base understands the concept of negotiation. As a fan I’d want to see us get the best deal possible. How are you not getting this?

It would shock me that some fans think their opinions on a forum would somehow effect the actual trade. Surely no one is that stupid.

Showed up to his first training at Tulla like this:

lion-tattoo-stringer.jpg

Surely not a lot else has to be said.

Any truth to the rumour that he had a soundtrack accompaniment to his grand entry: "and you're gonna hear me ro-oar, oh oh o-oh oh, oh oh o-oh oh"

Works a treat in darts :thumbsu:

It would shock me that some fans think their opinions on a forum would somehow effect the actual trade. Surely no one is that stupid.

Take it up with your compadre

With all these "we told you so's" from the Bulldogs, I can't believe this same fan base actually asked for a top ten pick for this bloke. Delusional stuff. .

I’m sure bulldogs fans just wanted the club to get the best deal possible. As it happens we didn’t do so bad

Take it up with your compadre

I’m sure bulldogs fans just wanted the club to get the best deal possible. As it happens we didn’t do so bad
Pretty easy to understand. I wanted a 1st round pick and Bulldogs to pay all of Clokes contract when he was leaving, though I did not for one second think he was worth it

Pretty easy to understand. I wanted a 1st round pick and Bulldogs to pay all of Clokes contract when he was leaving, though I did not for one second think he was worth it

Yes I’m not sure why this is an argument. It’s a simple concept

Except there is a clear difference between stating a players worth and wanting the best deal possible. Stringer was always worth a second rounder. To claim he was worth a top ten pick and then reveling in his poor form is essentially gloating at your own ignorance.

With all these "we told you so's" from the Bulldogs, I can't believe this same fan base actually asked for a top ten pick for this bloke. Delusional stuff. Even two second rounders looks like overs at the moment.

A lot of our fan base were wrong. So were a lot of the Essendon fan base who were bragging about how cheaply they got him and how they'd won the trade.

Except there is a clear difference between stating a players worth and wanting the best deal possible. Stringer was always worth a second rounder. To claim he was worth a top ten pick and then reveling in his poor form is essentially gloating at your own ignorance.

So you are essentially sooking over Dogs fans not being honest on an Internet forum?

Or perhaps it’s laughing at the naivety of the Bombers fans and their belief that he would magically turn it around at their”great” club.

Perhaps it’s even laughing at the gloating about the magic beans that Dodo used at trade week to get so many “A graders” for so little and how top four was a certainty.

So you are essentially sooking over Dogs fans not being honest on an Internet forum?

Not that fazed, just amused by the inconsistency of perspective between now and then. Mostly being pedantic about you consistently missing his point.

Also it was more being wrong than dishonest, if it was dishonesty why? it serves no purpose... But if you see honesty as a optional personality trait you are probably a piece of s**t. But do as you will.

Last edited:
I agree - Stringer hasn’t been consistently good since 2015.

It's even arguable if he was consistently good in his All-Australian year; Kicked 56 goals in 22 games, and had 8 games where he kicked 4+ goals (accounting for 36 goals, which at 4.5 a game is century pace over a full year), but also 7 games where he kick one goal or less (4 goals in 7 matches dotted across the year).

When we were looking at Stringer initially I said his stats line up with Stewart Crameri.
Crameri is a 30-35 goal a year bustling 2nd/3rd tall which is what we are getting from Stringer.
I've absolutely no idea why we thought we could put him in the midfield.

When we were looking at Stringer initially I said his stats line up with Stewart Crameri.
Crameri is a 30-35 goal a year bustling 2nd/3rd tall which is what we are getting from Stringer.

It was Neeld's fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I’m not sure why this is an argument. It’s a simple concept

When you consider Dodoro's annual trade week(s) shenanigans, its a pretty weird argument for an Essendon supporter to mount.

Look as much as we like having a bit of a chortle at the Bombers expense, I did hope he would turn things around for the sake of his kids and his mental health.
This. Plus he did play a big part in our drought breaking flag (despite being our worst on ground that day). Would hate to see his life hit the skids.
31868e702085293d4ed6a213ccaf2c90.jpg

Cue that GIF of Stringer sprinting 5m and taking a bounce in the middle of the ground that a Dogs fan on here once used as evidence of his "obvious" midfield potential, after I had asked a similar question about 18 months ago.

Stringer could take a leaf out of Crameri's book in terms of effort and gut running. If Stringer worked like Stewy he'd be a star.

Dogs fans can’t be crowing to loud thou at the present, as we spent the draft picks on Schache who’s languishing in the VFL.

What about the little red head speedster we have running around at half back? He was part of all the trading from those picks. I’m very happy with the trade we’ve done now.

A prime example of why a player doesn't become good because he joins your club.

Clear from a million miles away that he's got some issues between the ears and between the hips. Turning up at your new club with a full torso tattoo, and putting in extra work on the track but gaining weight says that he's probably struggling big time when he heads home every night.

As I said earlier in the thread, having been hounded by Dons fans at the time, I don't care about his footy career but hope he gets the assistance he needs to get his life back on track. He has kids and they deserve to have a dad, no matter how much he ****ed up.

Cue that GIF of Stringer sprinting 5m and taking a bounce in the middle of the ground that a Dogs fan on here once used as evidence of his "obvious" midfield potential, after I had asked a similar question about 18 months ago.

Turned a game against port in 2016 playing on a wing in the 4th. Kicked three goals in a quarter, albeit playing on Jarrad Polec

I've been a critic but he played well against us. So did the whole team but still....
backed it up too.
Had a hand in about 4-5 goals on the weekend - including the opener with a long boot for Baguley to run on to from the centre clearance.

And kicked 3.2 of his own.

He's finding faith in his body strength to compete.
He may never become a full time mid, but if we're gonna use him the way we have recently, where he starts there, rests forward as a threat for periods, then goes back in intermittently - he's a handy weapon for us.

the telling one for me was where he rode 2 or 3 GWS tackles from a stoppage on the wing so Fantasia could get free for the handball receive and run in to an open goal.

earlier in the season he would have panic handballed it.
early days still. But confidence in the group seems to be trickling down into his own confidence.
Strikes me as a player who thrives on it. So hopefully we can see more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back