Stringer; is he performing to the expectations of the media and public ?

Remove this Banner Ad

stringer2.gif
this gif is going to continue to give for a long time.

Is in my fantasy team so have seen a fair bit of him. Been reasonably consistent in his low numbers, high impact way without any dazzling peaks. Always tries, in his own way at least, yet manages to convey the impression that he's not a team-first player. He can improve.

Is in my fantasy team so have seen a fair bit of him. Been reasonably consistent in his low numbers, high impact way without any dazzling peaks. Always tries, in his own way at least, yet manages to convey the impression that he's not a team-first player. He can improve.

Check out the lovely pass to Walla, a truly selfish forward would have ignored Walla and just gone for it.

This was definitely the case in most of what he did for us, I would actually say he's completely transformed that part of his game at the bombers. In particular the last month and especially tonight. He shepparded two goals over the line when he could have gone for the grab and several times during the game it looked like he was going to blaze away, but took a moment and found a better option.

Hope he continues his form and finishes the year off nicely. He is a lock to be Essendon's leading goal kicker, a great result after his slowish start to the year.

Bombers are happy with Stringer and fair enough. Going quite well.

Dogs also happy after turning our Stringer compensation into Richards and Schache. We have also effectively replaced Stringer and his $600k salary expectations with an $80k a season rookie in Gowers.

Winners all round.

Dogs also happy after turning our Stringer compensation into Richards and Schache. We have also effectively replaced Stringer and his $600k salary expectations with an $80k a season rookie in Gowers.

Winners all round.

And everyone is happy.

Let’s all now have a group hug, get the biscuit tin out and put the kettle on.

Check out the lovely pass to Walla, a truly selfish forward would have ignored Walla and just gone for it.

Not saying he's totally selfish. He chases, but maybe only 90% as hard as if he was running for a loose ball. He works on the lead, but maybe only ever to receive the ball and not to open up space behind him. He likes to gesticulate about where the pass should've gone, if it misses or doesn't come. There's buy-in, but it can improve. He's only 24.

Not saying he's totally selfish. He chases, but maybe only 90% as hard as if he was running for a loose ball. He works on the lead, but maybe only ever to receive the ball and not to open up space behind him. He likes to gesticulate about where the pass should've gone, if it misses or doesn't come. There's buy-in, but it can improve. He's only 24.
Are you describing stringer or former Richmond "great" Matthew Richardson?

I think Stringers effort level is fine and he genuinely wants to do the team thing he just struggles with the mental side of actually implementing it.

Win one flag in 56 years and you mention winning finals. Give me a spell.
Since the year 2006 we have won 8 finals, including a grand final mind you. How many has the team that you support/barrack for ?

Btw that is a total of 11 years . That's excluding the years before where you didn't win one either

Since the year 2006 we have won 8 finals, including a grand final mind you. How many has the team that you support/barrack for ?

Btw that is a total of 11 years . That's excluding the years before where you didn't win one either

None but we have 14 more flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of Hawthorn supporter in this guy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

History didn't start in 2006 bro.

And wow yeah waving is so floggish.

Fmd what an absolute s**t bloke

Winners all round.

Richards is a beauty, been super impressed with him every time I've seen him this year. Smart player that has genuine pace.

Gowers definitely seems to be a good find as well. Don't think you'll be paying him $80k in a few years time.

Don't really rate Schache but I think he was worth a go. Can play a role for you guys until he improves or you find someone better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back