Stringer; is he performing to the expectations of the media and public ?

Remove this Banner Ad

150 games. 300 goals.
Hes going more than ok.

The smaller forward is not an easy position in which to excel. Counter intuitive, goals are the easy measure, tackles are an equally good indicator e.g Jamie Cripps at the Eagles, big on tackling.

Very hard to carry lazy footballers in the modern game, as we will see as the Willie Rioli comeback will attest.

Its a tough gig the role Stringer has.

Yeah I'm prepared to give him a pass given he was coming back from injury and there was a pandemic ******* with the regular season. You're not and using it to try and win an argument. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

The point is he’s very much matured since he's been out of the kennel environment as much as Footscray supporters continually try to pot the bloke for stuff that happened when he was there and insinuate nothing has changed.

He has matured absolutely. Couldn’t agree more. That’s not the argument. My point was - best to not use the word professional when talking about Jake stringer. He wasn’t with us and yes improved now with you guys.
Injuries are not an excuse, nor is a pandemic.
Easton wood has done 18 hamstrings and can still grate cheese off his abs.
Dogs fans have no reason to be salty on him. Speaking about past issues is irrelevant- plenty of other fans from other clubs can see straight through him too.

The smaller forward is not an easy position in which to excel. Counter intuitive, goals are the easy measure, tackles are an equally good indicator e.g Jamie Cripps at the Eagles, big on tackling.

Very hard to carry lazy footballers in the modern game, as we will see as the Willie Rioli comeback will attest.

I don’t think Stringer is poor at tackling. Stringer is one of the best in the comp when the ball is in his area which includes tackling and pressure acts.

The problem is for even the best players the ball is only in their area for less than 5% of a game. Stringer struggles big time in the other 95%.

He has matured absolutely. Couldn’t agree more. That’s not the argument. My point was - best to not use the word professional when talking about Jake stringer. He wasn’t with us and yes improved now with you guys.
Injuries are not an excuse, nor is a pandemic.
Easton wood has done 18 hamstrings and can still grate cheese off his abs.
Dogs fans have no reason to be salty on him. Speaking about past issues is irrelevant- plenty of other fans from other clubs can see straight through him too.

I'm not sure Jake will ever have that kind of body shape, plus the lion would look malnourished.

I don’t think Stringer is poor at tackling. Stringer is one of the best in the comp when the ball is in his area which includes tackling and pressure acts.

The problem is for even the best players the ball is only in their area for less than 5% of a game. Stringer struggles big time in the other 95%.

Tackles indicate effort/work rate. I'm not questioning Stringers tackling, just asking the question as I know Cripps gets plenty of very shallow criticism based on the scoreboards.

Tackles indicate effort/work rate. I'm not questioning Stringers tackling, just asking the question as I know Cripps gets plenty of very shallow criticism based on the scoreboards.

I’m just saying it’s an indicator that Stringer goes ok at. He struggles more with things like picking up his man in transition

Haha ya not wrong! He has in patches looked quite fit. Doesn’t right now though but hey maybe it’s working?

He seems the kind of guy who needs to train with a group to really get the best out of himself, then you add lower body injuries when he has been at a good level of fitness and you get what he is.

Start of 2020 he looked fine from memory, it was after the season shutdown and injury layoff he really put on a few kg's. He's a power guy, seems to get heavy and strong easily, whereas lean and aerobic isn't naturally his go.

He's a good player, one of the better forward/mid's going around, but he's a high ceiling - low floor kind of player where his best is outstanding, his worst pretty poor. The team seems to have better worked out how to use him now which helps, but I get the feeling people assume his game against Hawthorn is what he was supposed to be doing every week, when he's never really shown that level of consistent performance, if he did he'd be a star.

I just think people have a bar set way too high for him, based largely off the early career hype, rather than any genuine analysis. His stat line has been basically consistent across his career, mid teens disposals, 1.5 - 2.5 goals a game. He got some more marks at the Bulldogs playing more minutes forward, he gets more clearances and tackles at Essendon playing a bit more time out of the middle.

Agree.
Very hard role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a scandal mate!
Crime of the century.
He should be stoned.
Just to add. This "so called sh*t bloke" spends a lot of his own time at the Royal Childrens Hospital visiting sick kids. He doesn't have to do this, but he does. How do I know this? cause my son was one of those sick kids. When he was battling Leukaemia and getting treatment he had from memory at least two visits from Jake. Something my boy will never forget.
So he cheated on his Mrs as a what? 23y.o? Ordinary thing to do I agree but he's not the first to do this and won't be the last unfortunately. I'm certainly not about to hang him over it regardless who he plays for.

He's never going to play a better season than he did when he was 21.

HE's still a fine contributor but you don't play players of his ilk above 650k and you definitely don't give them 4 years.

He's never going to play a better season than he did when he was 21.

HE's still a fine contributor but you don't play players of his ilk above 650k and you definitely don't give them 4 years.

I don't know about that, Xfactor wise sure he was doing freakish Ablett-esk stuff more often but when fit and on the park has broken a few games open for us. We've persisted with him as a centre bounce bull floating forward and he's starting to show vast improvement in that area as seen on the weekend.

What you need to account for is we've finally got settled as a team with legitiment systems, recruitment and a coach who is very aware of player attributes. It's way to early to quantify his impact in this situation.

You have to take into account Jakes mental status across the board before you can even start to weigh up what performance he is capable of returning and from all accounts he's enjoying our new chapter of kids, coach and vision... He's hitting his prime at the moment. Up until Worsfold vacating he's literally been like the rest of the team, rudderless....

Last edited:
Essendon fans up n about after beating the 17th placed side... LOL.....lost to the rabble that is Carltoon not long back....LOL

School holidays started early have they?

I don't know about that, Xfactor wise sure he was doing freakish Ablett-esk stuff more often but when fit and on the park has broken a few games open for us. We've persisted with him as a centre bounce bull floating forward and he's starting to show vast improvement in that area as seen on the weekend.

What you need to account for is we've finally got settled as a team with legitiment systems, recruitment and a coach who is very aware of player attributes. It's way to early to quantify his impact in this situation.

You have to take into account Jakes mental status across the board before you can even start to weigh up what performance he is capable of returning and from all accounts he's enjoying our new chapter of kids, coach and vision... He's hitting his prime at the moment. Up until Worsfold vacating he's literally been like the rest of the team, rudderless....
I laughed.

Essendon fans up n about after beating the 17th placed side... LOL.....lost to the rabble that is Carltoon not long back....LOL
The question I often have with Boomers is: were commas invented after they completed school?

Also, why are there so many Richmond supporters in this thread? At least Jake was 23 years old when he chested on his missus, what's Dimma's excuse? Sounds like a big cultural recovery is required. Those can take some time, trust us

The question I often have with Boomers is: were commas invented after they completed school?

Also, why are there so many Richmond supporters in this thread? At least Jake was 23 years old when he chested on his missus, what's Dimma's excuse? Sounds like a big cultural recovery is required. Those can take some time, trust us

Not trying to defend cheating but I thought Dimma and his wife had split up? Obviously timing is suspect though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back