Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The draft and trading thread is getting a little overtaken and speeding out of control with off topic club related Jake Stringer talk.

I think its time that all Jake Stringer discussions had a separate thread for those that do and do not want to partake in it.

Have at it. Or not.

Good idea.

My hopeful theory:
If/when clubs do try to screw us with trades (and let's be honest - Geelong have no currency and Essendon have the Dodo) Jake "thinks he's a superstar" Stringer will suddenly get a public wake up call that suggests he is Jake "worth a second round pick on the open market" Stringer and makes the changes the club have been asking for for some time.

Libba was made to work as a labourer for a time a few years back then came back and won a B&F. For kids who are immature (especially Jake who has been a star at every level and has never had to really work extra hard for his success) it sometimes takes a huge kick to get them going.

Good idea.

My hopeful theory:
If/when clubs do try to screw us with trades (and let's be honest - Geelong have no currency and Essendon have the Dodo) Jake "thinks he's a superstar" Stringer will suddenly get a public wake up call that suggests he is Jake "worth a second round pick on the open market" Stringer and makes the changes the club have been asking for for some time.

Libba was made to work as a labourer for a time a few years back then came back and won a B&F. For kids who are immature (especially Jake who has been a star at every level and has never had to really work extra hard for his success) it sometimes takes a huge kick to get them going.

yeah, I figure theres 4 outcomes, one of which sucks balls completely.

In order of most preferable to least preferable.

1) no offers worth taking, jake stays, works his arse off and has a great year, and re-signs
2) no offers worth taking, jake stays, works his arse off and has a great year, and we get a great offer next year
3) we get a good offer, jake goes.
4) no offers worth having, jake stays and mails in another meh year, and we eat a s**t sandwich at the trade table next year

And the one everyone is dreading which will probably happen....
5) no offers worth taking, we take it anyway, Jake goes, plays like a superstar, team that gets him cannot believe they got him

How he plays for someone else is kind of irrelevent. We know he has the talent to be a top 5 player in the AFL already, but by trading him we have decided thats never going to happen for us.

So from my POV, taking a crap deal this year is better than him having another dud year with us and taking a crap deal next year.

If dal doesnt have 2 players in his sights in the top dozen this year, might we be better off swapping jake for someones first rounder next year? Essendon?

Remember we have split early picks before so if the target is not there for Dalrymple, then why take the pick?

And the one everyone is dreading which will probably happen....
5) no offers worth taking, we take it anyway, Jake goes, plays like a superstar, team that gets him cannot believe they got him
We've already ruled that out

We've already ruled that out

I'm holding Bev to his word.
Anything over a top Pick for me is unacceptable.
I've compared stringer to EJ for Christ sake , if we get bent over because the club has gone out of its way to devalue him , I will be filthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer's Instagram story this morning is interesting - he doesn't explicitly refer to the ongoing situation but speaks about how he has been doing some boxing and is enjoying the fitness stuff, signs off with 'hopefully things work out in the next couple of weeks'

Get Chris Grant to speak to Jake one on one and pretty sure by discussions end things will be clearer for all parties concerned.

No need for Managers, Bev, J-Mac etc followed by leaks to the media etc just the two of them and will be sorted one way or another.

Until a trade is done Stringer is a player of our club and I hope he can turn this around firstly for himself and then all those that have supported him as will be a real pity to see him apply his trade at another club. He has talent I don't think we have seen anything yet.

Last edited:
Get Chris Grant to speak to Jake one on one and pretty sure by discussions end things will be clearer for all parties concerned.

No need for Managers, Bev, J-Mac etc followed by leaks to the media etc just the two of them and will be sorted one way or another.

Didn't Griff look Grant in the eye and tell him he will work things out or things were ok and then a week later wanted out and was pig shooting.

Didn't Griff look Grant in the eye and tell him he will work things out or things were ok and then a week later wanted out and was pig shooting.

Not sure what Griff did or didn't and not sure how that is relevant to what I proposed which may have already happened I don't know.

I still hope and believe that this is just a massive public drying and a call that has the shock value to change Jakes career and life around and remain at the club. Sometimes hitting someone squarely between the eyes (particularly one with Jakes personality type) is the only thing that works. An overdramtic almost over the top approach can often be the best approach for someone with a more laid back/care free lifestyle.

I hope jake realises that he now isnt as indispensable as he thinks he is, he needs to reach the same level of standards that every other player does on the list. Furthermore Jake has also got to realise that financially leaving now is the silliest option when hes at his lowest selling price. A great start to 2018 would increase his contract value both interally and externally. The club also needs to realise that even an uncontracted Stringer will hold more value (if he is delivering) than what his current value.

Remain at the club Jake, go above and beyond thia offseason and prepare meticulously. I hope someone of experience helps him out and makes sure of these things but at the end of the day Jakes got to be the one to fix these things!

I still hope and believe that this is just a massive public drying and a call that has the shock value to change Jakes career and life around and remain at the club. Sometimes hitting someone squarely between the eyes (particularly one with Jakes personality type) is the only thing that works. An overdramtic almost over the top approach can often be the best approach for someone with a more laid back/care free lifestyle.

I hope jake realises that he now isnt as indispensable as he thinks he is, he needs to reach the same level of standards that every other player does on the list. Furthermore Jake has also got to realise that financially leaving now is the silliest option when hes at his lowest selling price. A great start to 2018 would increase his contract value both interally and externally. The club also needs to realise that even an uncontracted Stringer will hold more value (if he is delivering) than what his current value.

Remain at the club Jake, go above and beyond thia offseason and prepare meticulously. I hope someone of experience helps him out and makes sure of these things but at the end of the day Jakes got to be the one to fix these things!

jake doesnt care, he will leave and get more $$$ and have a fresh start.

jake doesnt care, he will leave and get more $$$ and have a fresh start.

The thing is that he wont get more money at another club though. Anyone going to be offering him more than 600k a season. Wouldn't be far off what he is on now. And yet a patch of 10 or so good games next year at season start and watch the 800k + offers role in.

The thing is that he wont get more money at another club though. Anyone going to be offering him more than 600k a season. Wouldn't be far off what he is on now. And yet a patch of 10 or so good games next year at season start and watch the 800k + offers role in.

Spot on. Right now a club is taking a risk with Jake firstly to trade for him and secondly the $$$ they pay.

Jake sorts out issues and has a thumper 2018 then he will get the $$$ he seeks from the Dogs or an opposition side.

if he goes to norf, theyll offer much more
cats may get something similar $

but he has a chance to meet new people and make new friends, the dogs playing group prob have had issues with him, so a fresh start is needed

if he goes to norf, theyll offer much more
cats may get something similar $

but he has a chance to meet new people and make new friends, the dogs playing group prob have had issues with him, so a fresh start is needed

Cats arent going to offer Stringer more than 600k. **** dangerfield only got 800k.

Sure north might be dumb and offer a huge bucket of gold. Well that compells them to give us a better deal other wise no deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back