Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This trade period has officially put sports journalism, or more specific AFL journalism, at the arse end of investigative reporting. Up there with ‘TV Week’ and the next story on Bec and Lleyton Hewitt’s cat.....

The Truth was a pillar of journalistic integrity compared to what we get now.

Matt,

I agree with your comments on why he was still picked week by week. I don’t have the answer there and I suppose the match committee and the coach can only answer that.

I do know though, that an enormous amount of work went into trying to get him on the straight and narrow.

I have a good source ( yes I know , another source but trust me) who said that the leadership group had significant input into trying to fix the issues.
Towards the end of the year, one of our most senior people in the leadership group was asked for his view about “where to from here” and the response was on behalf of most of the players, “he has to go”.

It doesn’t surprise me to hear that as soon as Boyd got to the Pies and they discussed Jake as a potential target, their response was a swift and cold “ no way”.
If that's the case then why did Dale Morris go on TV and say he'd be welcomed back?

One of the more annoying things during this trade debacle is the media trying to convince us that he isn’t worth a first rounder and this is what his value is worth, but you know as soon as this trade gets done they’ll be raving about what a steal this was for Essendon.[/QUOTE
Couldn't have said it any better myself

May as well go all in and send Libba, Dahl and a copy of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to join them
F&L%20BAD%20CRAZINESS.jpg

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than the ghost of Bevo appearing mid footy trip

Suggest he is staying. Worst case is that he plays seconds. If he loses his s**t he is sacked and can nominate for the draft next year to be picked up like everyone else. If he's still on the list then he is traded. Anything else is draft tampering and he can spend multiple years out. Nothing lost bar some late draft picks in the 20s who cares hardly great value compared to the loss. Essendon are Dreaming. It's obvious that the deal was a first round pick or nothing. What ever it takes. Yes that's what it takes.

Tomorrow is going to most likely be a sad day for me. Losing jake despite him doing all the stupid idiotic things he has done is gonna hurt. I honestly say Jake with football in hand at full tilt is one of the best sights in football. He should have been a club great yet he cost himself the opportunity.

So very disappointed!

Tomorrow is going to most likely be a sad day for me. Losing jake despite him doing all the stupid idiotic things he has done is gonna hurt. I honestly say Jake with football in hand at full tilt is one of the best sights in football. He should have been a club great yet he cost himself the opportunity.

So very disappointed!
I feel a bit the same.
After it's done someone should make a clip of all the missed tackles, kicks out on the full and half arsed chasing attempts to make us feel better.

My gypsy half sister asked me whether the BF WB supporters want her to continue with the necromonicon curse on Connors.
Apparently, thats why he looks like a wreck on TV lately. Each night she enter his sleep world in the guise of Dodoro wearing a strap on. This might explain why his become more and more unhinged mentally.

She really has it in for him but wanted to know whether she had the support of the crew on BF, who she is very fond of after last years finals series.

My gypsy half sister asked me whether the BF WB supporters want her to continue with the necromonicon curse on Connors.
Apparently, thats why he looks like a wreck on TV lately. Each night she enter his sleep world in the guise of Dodoro wearing a strap on. This might explain why his become more and more unhinged mentally.

She really has it in for him but wanted to know whether she had the support of the crew on BF, who she is very fond of after last years finals series.
Gold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your gypsy half sister should be on payroll, and really we should be getting her a statue between EJ and Bevo. In response to your question, can the sodomy be time shared? Hopefully after tomorrow he'll appreciate the occasional nightly visit from PG as well!

Wouldn't it be a turn up if the club did what it suggested it might and refused to accept Essendon's offer because we couldn't flip it to our satisfaction. Unlikely, but what if the club isn't bluffing and is prepared to ignore the threats and bluster from Stringer and Connors and refuses to trade Jake. Now that would make a lot of people eat their words. The media would then have a field day with that of course - they seem hell bent on kicking the crap out of us regardless.
I've been thinking this and to be honest I want it to happen. I really want to see the club follow through and see how they handle the media sh1t storm that will follow. will be beautiful and when every dickhead tells us that we are arseholes for keeping him just tell them that the Bombers knew the price and didn't want to pay it so what's the problem.

I've been thinking this and to be honest I want it to happen. I really want to see the club follow through and see how they handle the media sh1t storm that will follow. will be beautiful and when every dickhead tells us that we are arseholes for keeping him just tell them that the Bombers knew the price and didn't want to pay it so what's the problem.
Exactly, plus our hands were tied in regards to list space and surplus picks that no one wants, Tom Campbell doesn't want to be a sacrificial lamb for us either, so what can you do?

Trouble is, it won't just be a media shitstorm, the club will be seriously disrupted by having forced labour contaminating the locker room. Do we really want to cut off our nose to spite our face?

Trouble is, it won't just be a media shitstorm, the club will be seriously disrupted by having forced labour contaminating the locker room. Do we really want to cut off our nose to spite our face?

Send him to VFL for the year. He trains with them and only with them.

Seriously, Stringer has not put in for two years. As supporters we have copped crap from opposition supporters on how over rated he is, then we find out it's not just on field, it's off field as well.

If he goes to the Bombers, it tells me that the Bombers are desperate and stupid. They of all clubs should avoid Stringer like the plague, they have a weak coach who looked the other way at the Eagles while players threw their careers and lives away with drugs. He won't get the best out of Stringer, if Bevo couldn't. They have a weak leadership group with Heppell, seems like a nice guy, but will he slam Stringer up against the wall and tell him to pull his head in, or will he pick up his pretzels after him.

Stringer wants to go there because they have promised him midfield time, will he get fit or put in the extra training required to play midfield? I expect he will put in for the first year and then he will get comfortable and let the standards slip.

As for Dodo, he has picked up two reasonable players in the draft, and had to pay for them. He is trying to screw us for Stringer, and perhaps there is a bit of payback for us refusing to buckle for Crameri. Either way there is no future goodwill betweeen the clubs and it may cost him in the future. But at the end of the day, he is doing his job for the Essendon football club. Cut our losses and move on, those who laugh last laugh longest.

Dodo should be ashamed of the way he deals with other clubs during trade week.
Heard no complaints from GWS or Gold Coast both seemed more
than happy to deal with Essendon and got fair deals. 2017
Stringer is not 2015 Stringer, we seem to be the only party to
not get that.

Zero chance his supposed VFL threat is real. If he wants to get a minimal contract from another club this time next year, go right ahead.

Otherwise, pull your overrated head in and get back to playing some good footy.

The immaturity is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back