Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there is still a chance this can all be resolved. You can see it in Stringers eye's if the club was to tell him they want him to stay he would jump at it. Never seen a player look so devastated before.
Probably devastated that his image/ego is taking a bumpy ride, when he's used to being The Package. Harsh but likely.

Because he is under contract we don't have as much of the upper hand as we would like as this is countered by the fact we want him out the door.

Lets wait and see what deal we do.

I say he is worth a pick 1 - 5 2017 and a first rounder 2018 depending if we get 1, 2 ,3,4 or 5 in 2017.

23YO, AA, Premiership player, Talent to burn who will one day sooner than later sought out his issues.
I would be comfortable with a pick 1-10 and something else (not Vickery, Goldstein or Lachlan Veale) but you never know it depends how badly someone wants him.

If it were me negotiating and his preferred club was offering peanuts I would just play him in the VFL and he would end up decreasing his value over the year.

I have a feeling there will be a massive revelation on why Stringer's axing is occuring, because at the moment it makes no sense.

Hmmm, how many years before confidential files can be released e.g. WW2, UFO's etc? I think this might be in the same vein ;)

Bev not talking to Jake at all since he was told he can go is simply not good enough.

You can in Bev we trust all you want but this smacks of complete stubbornness to me.

People make errors especially kids who are having issues this more and more sounds like it's not all Jake to me

Perspective. It's a player potentially leaving a football club, not a death or the outbreak of war.
And who's treating it as such?
All I've said is that it is a s**t situation. And have worried about whether the situation was handled correctly. Unfortunately we've seen this year that Bev isn't infallible.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My gut feel is that jake will stay and get his s**t together next year and sign a big contract with us or someone else next year. Think it will be the wake up call he needs .

Gone to far and he is gone.
We need that to sink in.

Gone to far and he is gone.
We need that to sink in.
No problem just my opinion bevo said he would only be traded for a good pick . Now it looks like we won't get one why would we still trade him. And conners also said he could play at the dogs next year .

Jake kicks 60 goals next year and is AA bookmark it

Probably be for another club coz Bev has made his mind up and obviously that can't be changed.

How the hell did we win a flag?

Bev not talking to Jake at all since he was told he can go is simply not good enough.

You can in Bev we trust all you want but this smacks of complete stubbornness to me.

People make errors especially kids who are having issues this more and more sounds like it's not all Jake to me

Totally agree, if Bev has not had a discussion with Jake about this that is extremely poor form. This may be the wake up call Jake needs and if the club does not hold true to its word about not giving Jake away I will be pretty annoyed.

It appears something happen in the week following the interview and maybe we have been approached or were told we require 2 first round choices for player x. Maybe Bev is struggling with abandoning Jake and it does not sit well with him, hence no communication with him but understands its for the betterment of the team.

I just clutching at straws here but I would say looking at Jake he would stay if it was up to him.

Having worked in professional sport for over 17 years, I've learned one thing above all else. Culture and coaching beats talent. Not every day, every game or every season. But over time, every time.

Jakes tears and all were a nice touch today, but he gets no sympathy from me.

How many chances are too many chances? I'll let The Drink be the judge of that.

Totally agree, if Bev has not had a discussion with Jake about this that is extremely poor form. This may be the wake up call Jake needs and if the club does not hold true to its word about not giving Jake away I will be pretty annoyed.

It appears something happen in the week following the interview and maybe we have been approached or were told we require 2 first round choices for player x. Maybe Bev is struggling with abandoning Jake and it does not sit well with him, hence no communication with him but understands its for the betterment of the team.

I just clutching at straws here but I would say looking at Jake he would stay if it was up to him.
This is what I am thinking also could be wrong . I did hear another team mate at the dogs has a major problem with jake. But it's just a rumour so it's more than likely BS.

Having worked in professional sport for over 17 years, I've learned one thing above all else. Culture and coaching beats talent. Not every day, every game or every season. But over time, every time.

Jakes tears and all were a nice touch today, but he gets no sympathy from me.

How many chances are too many chances? I'll let The Drink be the judge of that.
I totally get what your saying but i am a little torn over this one .

Jake kicks 60 goals next year and is AA bookmark it

Probably be for another club coz Bev has made his mind up and obviously that can't be changed.

How the hell did we win a flag?

I already bookmarked your "Stringer is not leaving" comment. Which of your bookmarks are worth keeping?

We won a flag by outscoring the Swans but you can revise history, as is your wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back