1. Love your trade? Show us how to be crowned Home Timber & Hardware Tradie of The Year and WIN a Holden Colorado. Enter at homehardware.com.au

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Forum Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Stringer vs Wines

Discussion in 'Polls Board' started by Pogba, Feb 5, 2016.

Put it out there
?

Who would you prefer on your team?

1. Stringer (Bulldogs supporter)

42 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Stringer (Non bulldogs supporter)

51 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. Wines (Port supporter)

21 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Wines (Non port supporter)

33 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Quinz

Quinz Bad Hat

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Stringer was amazing in that game against us, simply amazing. I started just watching him when the ball was in transition, that's how good he was going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Trav 20

Trav 20 Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Dees
    Wow. How good is Hogan to be in that company in his first year of playing AFL footy ?

3. lionshine

lionshine Brownlow Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Lleyton Hewitt, Cleveland Cavaliers
    Wines is a gun but honestly Stringer is something else. An absolute superstar.

4. jason pm

jason pm Norm Smith Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Fortitude Valley Diehards
    lionshine you are dominating this polls board at the moment:thumbsu:

lionshine likes this.
  5. Testekill

Testekill Don't look at me like that

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Williamstown, New York Jets
    Wines is a damn good player and he was always going to be the sure-bet of being a great AFL player. Stringer however was touted as a number one draft pick prior to breaking his leg and he is finally showing just how much of a freak he is.

go you pups likes this.
  6. Milanista28

Milanista28 Norm Smith Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Stringer can change a game in 5 mins, But Wines screams consistency, Wines has also already shown he's a big game player.

I'm picking Wines but by end 2016 it could easily change.

7. Sando22

Sando22 Premium Gold

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Wines at the moment but by years end that would most likely change to Stringer.

8. robertg22

robertg22 Like a librarian

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    From a Collingwood perspective you'd have to select Stringer, a forward line of Cloke/Moore/Stringer would be pretty exciting! I rate Wines very highly but the midfield is the area we need the least amount of help in at this stage.

9. Sando22

Sando22 Premium Gold

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Can I change my vote to Stringer plz?!
    What a star

10. juss

juss Brownlow Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    New York Jets, Detroit Pistons
    Our team is crying out for a big bodied inside mids, I'd have to take Wines.

Elite Master likes this.
  11. Young Gun #6

Young Gun #6 Premiership Player

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Juventus, Suns
    Wines is stepping up to elite this year. Pool results would be switched if people were voting know you'd think. Changed his style to throwing people off him and giving himself more time ala Dustin Martin style of play.

Playing very very similar to him this year with his disposal efficiency up from 59% to 67% and changers down 4.6 to 3.7.

Noticeable in watching him how much quicker he has gotten and how impossible to tackle he has been this year.

Turning elite and would be a long way ahead of Stringer at the current time.

00Stinger likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. conrad_437

conrad_437 Team Captain

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    It's amazing how many people are writing Stringer after one below par year, even though he still managed to kick 44 goals in a premiership year. He still has a higher ceiling than Wines, I believe. He is a special talent, the types of player he is don't come around too often. Wines is definitley better at this current time, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Stringer ahead at the end of their careers, and visa vera for Wines being ahead of Stringer.

13. Bobby_

Bobby_ Norm Smith Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Stringer for me.
    Wines will go down as a champion.
    Stringer has the chance to become one of the top three players in the entire competition due to his mixture of size, athleticism and creativity.
    He's very, very close to putting it all together at the moment.

14. Young Gun #6

Young Gun #6 Premiership Player

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Juventus, Suns

It's not even the current regression of Stringer but if you've seen Wines this year he's taken that next step. The old clanger wines isn't there. He breaks nearly every tackle applied to him and then disposed of it much more effeciently. Also showing the ability to go forward and kick some goals as well.

15. The Bomb

The Bomb Premiership Player

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Wines plays awesome footy week in, week out, Stringer doesn't.

16. conrad_437

conrad_437 Team Captain

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    I'll admit I haven't seen too much of Wines, I did watch tonight though and he was ridiculously good. I was talking more in a broader sense though, as within a year Stringer has gone from being rated as an better talent than Bontempelli and being compared to Gary Ablett to now being an overrated piece of shit. I can't wait until they'll both be at their peaks though, will be incredible to watch.

Young Gun #6 likes this.
  17. Bobby_

Bobby_ Norm Smith Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    I don't think he was compared in the sense of player v player, but more so the comparisons in natural ability as Stringer is very cat-like in terms of jumping ability, speed off a standing mark and power through the legs, which he has shown when having shots 55-60 metres out from goal.
    It's those qualities, and his compact frame which are similar to Ablett Senior.

Ambrosia likes this.
  18. conrad_437

conrad_437 Team Captain

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Yeah but I mean in general, for a player to be compared in even the slightest way to Gary Ablett means they are something special.

19. Elite Master

Elite Master Norm Smith Medallist

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    I stand by this, only I'll add that Stringer will be more of a match winner but week to week he won't have the quality of consistency of Wines.

Substance and Young Gun #6 like this.
  20. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Norm Smith Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Have heard that Stringer just can't or won't work hard enough defensively to be given more midfield time.

21. Dannnnnnnnnn

Dannnnnnnnnn Moderator

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    T'Wolves, Renault F1, Footscray
    It's less work rate and more awareness. His defensive work ethic/chasing has improved tenfold but he's a bit too prone to charging to offensive positions and forgetting about his man. He definitely does work a lot harder to get back now though.

Has been really important for us at stages through the middle of the ground but his "all or nothing" approach is a tad too risky to employ full time. I'm still hopeful moving into the future, but we'll see what happens.

22. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Norm Smith Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Yeah I'd agree with this. Some players just can't wrap their heads around the structures.

23. Substance

Substance Norm Smith Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Have to agree with this at the moment. Thought Stringer would be our superstar after 2015, I even thought he was better than Bont. But he just isn't consistent quarter to quarter let alone week to week. He'll always be that player that can turn a game in 5 minutes, but not as reliable as Wines is across an entire game right now. Maybe that will change in 2 years when he is 24 and has 100+ games under his belt.

Elite Master likes this.
  24. Golden_6

Golden_6 Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Chicago Bulls
    I feel Stringer will be one of those players that just floats along for the next few years with decent performances (16-18 touches a game/50 goal seasons) and people will still criticize him, despite great numbers. I also believe that later in career when he turns 26/27 he will absolutely explode and become that top 5 player that his ability would allow him to be.

25. SCRAY72

SCRAY72 Norm Smith Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Wines will always be more consistent than Stringer.