Roast Strip the captaincy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

finbarr

Premium Platinum
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's something in me that says Ollie could be a good captain if handed the responsibility to lead on his own, that it would be his making as a player. But we chose the half baked option that threw the entire Port universe out of whack, and he's never warmed to his half of the role.

Jonas couldn't captain The Popeye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think they're both too timid honestly.

Boak umms and ahhs a bit when he speaks but he doesn't lack confidence where as these two guys look scared of the spotlight.

Ollie I think would've been OK on his own with Boak as a mentor but clearly neither are prepared to take on the responsibility right now.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies
If anything, we should've had co-vice captains. Bring back the #1...but who gets it? Jonas or Hammer for mine...I think. But how would Wines take that? Maybe he'd be happy with that.

LilyC

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never should have happened. It broke something inside me with this club. It hasn't been the same.
I stood up at the AGM and implored those mofo's in charge not to sh*t on this once great club's traditions by appointing co-captains and Hinkley pretty much responded when it was his time with a big f u to the supporters. Well guess what Ken? Judgement time is coming.

Top Bottom