Roast Strip the captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

As bad as the co-captains have been, my favourite captaincy related moment from this year was when we made Dougal Howard captain two weeks after he was playing SANFL, in the spirit of the under 10s 'everyone gets to captain for a week' mould.

What a ride.

I reckon Ollie will get his surgery done, have a massive pre season and be our sole captain next year

I don't think either he or Jonas should be a captain or leadership player ever again.

As bad as the co-captains have been, my favourite captaincy related moment from this year was when we made Dougal Howard captain two weeks after he was playing SANFL, in the spirit of the under 10s 'everyone gets to captain for a week' mould.

What a ride.

Another gaslighting attempt to play down the importance of captaincy to the boiling supporter base.

I don't think either he or Jonas should be a captain or leadership player ever again.

I still have faith that a fit and firing Oliver Wines as understudy to Travis Boak in 2019 would have made a great leader of the club moving forward.

Jonas on the other hand is just a dumb jock, law degree or no law degree.

Yea this! it really was a **** youse all move by Kern wasn’t it? I felt exactly the same when it happened
"What part of the only thing we will compromise is winning" don't you understand
Captain: good
Captain's: more good

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"What part of the only thing we will compromise is winning" don't you understand
Captain: good
Captain's: more good

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The writing was on the wall when the club let a kid wear the number 1 whilst our captain wore number 10.

Many here had no issue with it, but it was a clear indication of the disregard of club traditions by club officials, and a sign of things to come.

I still have faith that a fit and firing Oliver Wines as understudy to Travis Boak in 2019 would have made a great leader of the club moving forward.

Jonas on the other hand is just a dumb jock, law degree or no law degree.

Yep, more than happy to see Jonas either retire, de-listed or moved on as he adds nothing to the PAFC.

Yep, more than happy to see Jonas either retire, de-listed or moved on as he adds nothing to the PAFC.

This x plenty!

Jonas adds absolutely nothing, plus he gives the very annoying impression that he thinks the whole co captaincy fiasco is an enormous p*ss take. :thumbsdown:

I will be very interested to see what his playing future will be under a new coach when that time eventually comes, which hopefully isn't too far away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This co captain thing is a debacle. I’ve never felt so uninspired by Port players in leadership roles.

Being captain of this club is an honour and a privilege I’ve never felt an attachment or had a moment this season when either of them has sparked some inspiration for me during a game.
Club lacks leadership from top to bottom.
This. Other players have shown more leadership. Only need the one captain too

This whole thing has been a balls up years in the making. Jonas/Wines on paper would have been a good combination a few years ago, but in expectation it has rivalled a Motlop/Rockliff co-captaincy.

Honestly, the only viable alternative I can see is Robbie and Sam Gray becoming captain. Not co-captains, but becoming one singular unit, souls combined. They would hold hands as they walked to the coin toss together, and come to a decision in unison by utilising occult techniques. The centre circle would be the ritual circle, and they would light some candles and disperse salts as the crowd chant INXS, all the while sacrificing worthless youth to the dark underlord (SANFL) and enveloping their foreskins together in union, as brothers. They would climax into each other at the climax of the ritual, symbolising our readiness to come hard at the opposition. We would then lose the first quarter and get shafted for the rest of the game.

It would be less of a farce than this.

This whole thing has been a balls up years in the making. Jonas/Wines on paper would have been a good combination a few years ago, but in expectation it has rivalled a Motlop/Rockliff co-captaincy.

Honestly, the only viable alternative I can see is Robbie and Sam Gray becoming captain. Not co-captains, but becoming one singular unit, souls combined. They would hold hands as they walked to the coin toss together, and come to a decision in unison by utilising occult techniques. The centre circle would be the ritual circle, and they would light some candles and disperse salts as the crowd chant INXS, all the while sacrificing worthless youth to the dark underlord (SANFL) and enveloping their foreskins together in union, as brothers. They would climax into each other at the climax of the ritual, symbolising our readiness to come hard at the opposition. We would then lose the first quarter and get shafted for the rest of the game.

Cannot unsee. Aagh.

maxresdefault.jpg

Honestly, the only viable alternative I can see is Robbie and Sam Gray becoming captain. Not co-captains, but becoming one singular unit, souls combined. They would hold hands as they walked to the coin toss together, and come to a decision in unison by utilising occult techniques.

Janus is back?

Sounds more like something the Dockers would be into.

Here’s a thought: Darcy Byrne-Jones as captain

- 23 years old (same as when Ollie got the nod)
- definitely a first team player
- not prone to regular injury or suspension (only missed 3 games since debut)
- isnt our worst in games we lose
- tough and hard at it (Dom Cassisi-like)
- not likely to be forced out of the side in the (very) near to mid future
- will hit 100 games in 2020

On paper hes a solid candidate. I don’t know enough about his personality though, anyone got info there?

On paper hes a solid candidate. I don’t know enough about his personality though, anyone got info there?
Are defenders good for being captain? Just a question as Jonas said after the Richmond game that there wasn’t much he could personally do about the onslaught at the beginning of the game as he was in the back half.
I like the idea of DBJ though.

DBJ is pretty consistent and hard at it, but I'd honestly be going with someone who hasn't been infected with Ken's loser mentality for the past few years - Lycett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back