Stronger and Bolder by Konrad Marshall

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Finally reading this book now, it's been fantastic hitting holiday mood and sinking my teeth into this.

I'm up to Chapter 9, just finished the famous Bottleneck chapter.

But just some quick notes,

- Damien Hardwick is an absolute phenomenal human being who has built such a strong connection with the players. His emphasis on living in the moment, enjoying the game, having fun and trying your best at what you're best at doing is intoxicating!

- Gale has set up layer upon layer of programs to support player mental wellbeing. He's very hands on with this.

But my favourite part was the analysis of the finances. Chapter 6 - The Doom Loop. Thoughts on the book ?

Finally reading this book now, it's been fantastic hitting holiday mood and sinking my teeth into this.

- Damien Hardwick is an absolute phenomenal human being who has built such a strong connection with the players. His emphasis on living in the moment, enjoying the game, having fun and trying your best at what you're best at doing is intoxicating!

- Gale has set up layer upon layer of programs to support player mental wellbeing. He's very hands on with this.

But my favourite part was the analysis of the finances. Chapter 6 - The Doom Loop. Thoughts on the book ?

Snap!!!

I've just started it today. Have deliberately held off till I've had holidays. Not quite that far in yet but just about to smash out some more pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Knocked it over in a day and a half after Christmas. Loved it. Don’t know how many times he can keep going back to the well though. By the end of this one (after reading the first in 2017) I don’t know how many more times I can hear about how much the boys love each other.

Does it matter? It's the boys that matter in this surely!

Last edited:

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all

Not going to spoil anything but it's a marvelous read.

Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Was the Christmas present i expected the in-laws to buy which I never received - picked it up and knocked it off in 3 days last week

Agree on the comments RE: Dimma - between him and cotch they create a environment where people can be vulnerable and themselves which is a powerful thing

Will be interesting to see how the Richmond Man program progresses once the older players move on

Le RickyBobby

Draftee
Jul 13, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Loved the 2019 Stronger Bolder Book really is a must read for all Tigers fans.

Hoping to get my hands on a copy of the 2017 Strong & Bold book if anyone has a copy and are willing to sell, let me know i would love to get a copy.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Loved the 2019 Stronger Bolder Book really is a must read for all Tigers fans.

Hoping to get my hands on a copy of the 2017 Strong & Bold book if anyone has a copy and are willing to sell, let me know i would love to get a copy.
5 posts in 7.5 years?

I have an autographed copy of 2017's String and Bald, I will sell at the right price.

When reading the book you get a clear insight into how the culture at the club is different to your typical footy club setting.

The club doesn't just see themselves as a football club, but as a collective who accept everything that goes into making each person unique and it doesn't just extend to the players either it goes through the whole club from the ground up.

A lot of opposition fans rubbish the Richmond Man culture yet many of the clubs are trying to replicate it in some way, but it won't work unless every single person at the club buys into what they are trying to establish.

Oct 6, 2004
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
United, KV Mechelen
great read as others have said. I decided to re-read 2017's book before reading this one. very interesting going back 2 years and reading it again in context of where we are now. incredible how strong and proactive an organisation we are now compared to not so long ago. really helps you appreciate the huge amount of work that goes on to make all the wheels turn

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund

Excellent book love the insights
We have so many great people
At our club ,,, , still remember the day
Benny was appointed CEO ,couldn't get
The smile off My face,

Back