Beauty & Style Strongest Liquor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi

Was wondering with Bacardi 151 being discontinued a little while back, what is the strongest alcohol you can buy at the bottleshop these days?

Bundaberg OP comes in at around 57.5 per cent.. Similar to some scotches.

Four Pillars Navy strength at 58. 5 per cent?

Any other options out there?

Strongest I've had is caipirinha in Brazil. 80% they told us

Whatever the spirit is mixed with just sugar and line - bloody awful. Locals made us try it being 'friendly' but I assume they just like seeing the reactions of foreigners stupid enough to try it. A bit like us with vegemite I guess, only vegemite can't kill you!

What does a drink with such a high alcoholic content actually taste like?

Im assuming it literally burns your throat as you drink it..
It wasn't as bad as you think it would be but you certainly don't line up for a 2nd one

It was 'good' enough to finish the glass. Must have been more sugar in that than a can of coke to cover the taste though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man.... /spewing emoticon
Id hate to see the color of the vomit coming back up after a night like that

Back in those days it was chartreuse and sambucca shots. Bad days for vomiting.

For some reason Kogan sell Spirytus, the aforementioned 'Polish spirit'. 95% alcohol. FWIW as you'd expect it tastes like pure alcohol, i.e. it burns a lot.

Have had many an adventure involving it while living in Poland :D

Mate I used that stuff to make a tincture haha.. it’s so insane that anyone would drink that you guys are awesome crazy. 😂

No votes for the Kracken.
Strongest myself Vietnamese whiskey. Cured the jet lag right off the bat and you have no idea where your at. I arrived midnight after 14 hours transit. By 2 I was partying with the rest in some nightclub strip. By 5 I'd had it but had the most amazing roast duck for dinner in an out of the way street restaurant

Absinthe can't be illegal here as Dan Murphys sells the stuff, as well as a few places down south. The strongest one I had was 64% (?) And I didn't mind it. I actually had a couple shots of it when I started getting a scratchy throat last year...cleared that up somewhat

For some reason Kogan sell Spirytus, the aforementioned 'Polish spirit'. 95% alcohol. FWIW as you'd expect it tastes like pure alcohol, i.e. it burns a lot.

Have had many an adventure involving it while living in Poland :D

We used to sell it at a bottle shop I worked at when in was younger. Iirc it was called polmos spyritus and came in a 500ml bottle and was 95%. The only bloke who used to buy it combined it with sugar and lemon to make his own limoncello.

I tried it once, it just burned and wasnt enjoyable at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back