Beauty & Style Strongest Liquor?

Remove this Banner Ad

We used to sell it at a bottle shop I worked at when in was younger. Iirc it was called polmos spyritus and came in a 500ml bottle and was 95%. The only bloke who used to buy it combined it with sugar and lemon to make his own limoncello.

I tried it once, it just burned and wasnt enjoyable at all

I think that is what's its meant for.. I remember it used to have a skull and cross bones poison logo in the description

Polish Pure spirits 95% is the highest I’ve seen in a bottle shop
Me and some friends had that on the first night of our vacation in Denmark. Our neighbours at the campside shared it. A few coffee cups of it mixed 50:50 with coke. None of us had any alcohol for the remaining 10 days...

Polish Pure spirits 95% is the highest I’ve seen in a bottle shop

I have some of that. Haven't opened it yet. It's not meant for drinking straight (stating the obvious?), it's used for making your own liqueurs. There is a warning label (added for Australians I assume as it's in English and not part of the normal Polish label) saying don't drink it. I bought it to make my own limoncello but haven't gotten around to it.

You used to be able to get it at Dan Murphy's (at least in WA). But a few years ago at a party in WA some young male drunk it and died. There was a big outcry about why something like this should be sold, with people not knowing what it is used for. After that Dan Murphy's stopped selling it, at least in WA. You can still get it from other liquor stores online.

EDIT: just noticed someone has already mentioned using it for making limoncello. You can use it to make all sorts of fruit/herb liqueurs.

Last edited:
I have some of that. Haven't opened it yet. It's not meant for drinking straight (stating the obvious?), it's used for making your own liqueurs. There is a warning label (added for Australians I assume as it's in English and not part of the normal Polish label) saying don't drink it. I bought it to make my own limoncello but haven't gotten around to it.

You used to be able to get it at Dan Murphy's (at least in WA). But a few years ago at a party in WA some young male drunk it and died. There was a big outcry about why something like this should be sold, with people not knowing what it is used for. After that Dan Murphy's stopped selling it, at least in WA. You can still get it from other liquor stores online.

EDIT: just noticed someone has already mentioned using it for making limoncello. You can use it to make all sorts of fruit/herb liqueurs.
Use it for
Kumquats, vanilla and maple syrup
To use in the glaze for the Xmas ham
Lots of different citrus peel to use in baking
Cloves if youve got a tooth ache
Vanilla beans
Its good stuff

Bump.

I want to try making tinctures, but goddamn I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand the Australian equivalent of Everclear.

There's a dedicated site to high-proof alcohol, but it costs about 5 times what it should! Can anyone help? What alcohol am I looking for? I need to be very high alcohol to absorb the THC into the tincture.

Bump.

I want to try making tinctures, but goddamn I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand the Australian equivalent of Everclear.

There's a dedicated site to high-proof alcohol, but it costs about 5 times what it should! Can anyone help? What alcohol am I looking for? I need to be very high alcohol to absorb the THC into the tincture.

You can still get very high proof alcohol but i think you'll be paying $100 minimum. They are usually rums in my experience.

There are also some very expensive whiskeys bottled around 60-65 per cent.

(Blame the taxation system on alcohol)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back