Discussion Struggling with Mental Health (Call Beyond Blue (1300 224 636), Lifeline (131 114))

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I live by myself but just try to focus on what I’ll be able to do when it’s over. In the mean time I’m enjoying whatever I can at the moment. I bumped into neighbour while she was taking the bins out and had a chat for a bit. I’ll take any opportunity for a conversation at the moment (my cat is the silent type).

Yeah, I don't know what I'll do first, I'm hanging to do so much. Getting up to the country is my real first stop actually. That and celebrating a Saints flag out in public.;)

For any fellow anxiety / panic sufferers, I have been on Lexapro for over a year for a panic disorder that I have (maybe had). The drug seems to clear it up but Lexapro has some not so nice side effects like general numbness, just not really GAF about life - things not really making you as happy or sad, that was the main one for me anyway.

I’ve recently been prescribed CBD oil and taking 0.5ml twice per day has massively helped with the negative side effects of Lexapro. I am going to try and taper off Lexapro over the next 6 months and see if I can just continue with CBD to manage anxiety.

The only trouble is CBD oil the legal way is expensive but might be worth a try for anyone living with anxiety.

Last edited:
For any fellow anxiety / panic sufferers, I have been on Lexapro for over a year for a panic disorder that I have (maybe had). The drug seems to clear it up but Lexapro has some not so nice side effects like general numbness, just not really GAF about life - things not really making you as happy or sad, that was the main one for me anyway.

I’ve recently been prescribed CBD oil and taking 0.5ml twice per day has massively helped with the negative side effects of Lexapro. I am going to try and taper off Lexapro over the next 6 months and see if I can just continue with CBD to manage anxiety.

The only trouble is CBD oil the legal way is expensive but might be worth a try for anyone living with anxiety.

I was on Lexapro for a few years too and had the same experience. I didn't feel good or bad, just felt nothing. After a,while I spoke to my GP and decided to come off them.
I'm lucky that I was on a low dosage and have been able to manage without them, substituting some natural treatments. It's an ongoing thing though and I've always got to be aware of how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking.
I'm glad to hear you've found something that's working for you.

I was on Lexapro for a few years too and had the same experience. I didn't feel good or bad, just felt nothing. After a,while I spoke to my GP and decided to come off them.
I'm lucky that I was on a low dosage and have been able to manage without them, substituting some natural treatments. It's an ongoing thing though and I've always got to be aware of how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking.
I'm glad to hear you've found something that's working for you.

Well see how I go as I try and taper off Lexapro. I tried to reduce the 20mg dose over 2 weeks and then come off and it was a disaster. Worse feeling than I ever felt before taking it. Anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, emotional, irritable, it was hellish.

Gone back on and come up with a plan with the GP to taper off slowly over 4-6 months.

It definitely helped me through a real tough time though and I’m with you on the natural remedies, need to try and find a way to be more mindful daily, relax more etc...try and build that in and be diligent. Glad that is working for you 👍🏼.

Well see how I go as I try and taper off Lexapro. I tried to reduce the 20mg dose over 2 weeks and then come off and it was a disaster. Worse feeling than I ever felt before taking it. Anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, emotional, irritable, it was hellish.

Gone back on and come up with a plan with the GP to taper off slowly over 4-6 months.

It definitely helped me through a real tough time though and I’m with you on the natural remedies, need to try and find a way to be more mindful daily, relax more etc...try and build that in and be diligent. Glad that is working for you 👍🏼.

It sounds like you are doing the right things. It’s tough going when it’s different for everybody and you’ve got to find the right thing for you.
The meds helped me to get over the worst of it too, so I think they definitely have their place. Being aware of my thoughts and feelings is huge. It takes a lot of mental energy and effort but it does make a big difference.
Good luck. I hope you manage to get through the next few months and are able to reduce the dosage.

My wife gets massive anxiety, got on a low dose of Lexapro and gave it up for similar reasons. She did a mindfulness course which really helped....for about 3 to 6 months until she got lazy and dropped off. She swears by it though and when she gets back into it occasionally it it really seems to help.

She really struggles with lockdown and worrying about the kid's futures because of missing school and is pretty full on at the moment. I might try to gently remind her to get back into the mindfulness meditation. She got pretty good at it quickly. She could actually meditate a head ache away which sounds like nonsense but she reckons it worked.

My wife gets massive anxiety, got on a low dose of Lexapro and gave it up for similar reasons. She did a mindfulness course which really helped....for about 3 to 6 months until she got lazy and dropped off. She swears by it though and when she gets back into it occasionally it it really seems to help.

She really struggles with lockdown and worrying about the kid's futures because of missing school and is pretty full on at the moment. I might try to gently remind her to get back into the mindfulness meditation. She got pretty good at it quickly. She could actually meditate a head ache away which sounds like nonsense but she reckons it worked.

I can relate to this, I find it hard to build any of these good habits into life with any consistency. Example, I have some lower back issues, a bulging disc problem that surface from time to time and I can injure it easily from shovelling or something innocuous. The result is 48 hours of not moving due to pain followed by a over a week of laboured walking when it happens. This is totally preventable by stretching for just 10 mins daily but I can’t, I do it when there is pain or awareness there or for a couple of weeks after an injury, otherwise I forget or am too lazy, it’s like self sabotage. Meditation works wonders for my mental health also but I struggle to build that in consistently too. Not sure WTF that is all about.

Hope your wife is okay and you are too, it’s also hard trying to support someone through it. My wife does a great job and is a very calming influence but it was really hard when things were bad. I believe that a headache could be meditated away, changing the brain chemistry a little.

Since starting on the CBD my wife has said I seem more relaxed and actually laughing more. Which is good, definitely countering some of the Lexapro side effects but it’s over $400 for a 40ml bottle and some people need 2ml per day. $20 a day or around $600 a month is steep and we are having to make some budget changes to cater for this. I can see why people buy it from non legal avenues.

Lockdown has been a test for everyone I think. For me it’s been trying to balance working full time from home on a busy project with a baby and a noisy and bored 4 year old.

Then there is the flip side that I have spent so much more time with them and got to be home most days of my son’s life so far, to the point that he is with my wife and I am even amount so happy to go to either of us to be settled etc.....

I think the kids are so adaptable and more resilient that they might actually learn more from this. Not scholastically as that would be a hard environment to learn but lessons we are all getting about life, missing family, what’s important there, the risk of viruses spreading etc.....

Now I’m away to actually do some stretches for my back.

I can relate to this, I find it hard to build any of these good habits into life with any consistency. Example, I have some lower back issues, a bulging disc problem that surface from time to time and I can injure it easily from shovelling or something innocuous. The result is 48 hours of not moving due to pain followed by a over a week of laboured walking when it happens. This is totally preventable by stretching for just 10 mins daily but I can’t, I do it when there is pain or awareness there or for a couple of weeks after an injury, otherwise I forget or am too lazy, it’s like self sabotage. Meditation works wonders for my mental health also but I struggle to build that in consistently too. Not sure WTF that is all about.

Hope your wife is okay and you are too, it’s also hard trying to support someone through it. My wife does a great job and is a very calming influence but it was really hard when things were bad. I believe that a headache could be meditated away, changing the brain chemistry a little.

Since starting on the CBD my wife has said I seem more relaxed and actually laughing more. Which is good, definitely countering some of the Lexapro side effects but it’s over $400 for a 40ml bottle and some people need 2ml per day. $20 a day or around $600 a month is steep and we are having to make some budget changes to cater for this. I can see why people buy it from non legal avenues.

Lockdown has been a test for everyone I think. For me it’s been trying to balance working full time from home on a busy project with a baby and a noisy and bored 4 year old.

Then there is the flip side that I have spent so much more time with them and got to be home most days of my son’s life so far, to the point that he is with my wife and I am even amount so happy to go to either of us to be settled etc.....

I think the kids are so adaptable and more resilient that they might actually learn more from this. Not scholastically as that would be a hard environment to learn but lessons we are all getting about life, missing family, what’s important there, the risk of viruses spreading etc.....

My daughter is 17 and doing year 12 so it's a s**t show, she's really extraverted and locked in and unmotivated. Her grades have dropped right down and she's starting to look like she could get a really bad ATAR and is behind in 2 subjects. She's pretty depressed about missing out on everything so it's all so pretty stressful, can't even get the hours up for her learners and looking like no formal or parties.

My son is year 9 and just doing absolute bare minimum with his online learning. He cracked the shits last year and went from a public school to a private so it's costing us heaps for him to do nothing which makes it even more painful.

The wife is finishing her psych degree and on placement so hasn't got up enough contact hours due to COVID and is struggling to motivate herself to finish her thesis too. Hopefully he Saints salute this year because so far 2020 has been a turd of a thing. It's pretty unhealthy pinning all your hopes to the club but that's never stopped me before. ;)

On a strange side note I have actually really enjoyed spending time with the kids, I've Benn getting them out to exercise with me and helping them with school work a lot more....might be why grades have dropped actually. I feel good knowing that things aren't far away from getting back to normal though.

You couldn't put a little hothouse down the back of the yard to make your own oil? Surely a couple of plants wouldn't even get a charge these days. $20 a day seems like good value to have your health in check, some people would spend that on coffee. When things are tight it would hurt but sounds like a very good investment.

You couldn't put a little hothouse down the back of the yard to make your own oil? Surely a couple of plants wouldn't even get a charge these days. $20 a day seems like good value to have your health in check, some people would spend that on coffee. When things are tight it would hurt but sounds like a very good investment.

I would love to, but wouldn’t know where to start in terms of getting the plants and growing them and also how you get a CBD only strain, I wouldn’t want the THC high from it (never been a good weed smoker - instant paranoia) but it’s a great idea. Hopefully it gets easier over time to get CBD and the government actually see it as a wellness supplement more than a gateway drug into something else.

Did some research though and it’s actually not that much cheaper in Canada or the UK where CBD is legal to get the strength of oil that I am being prescribed.

Also wholly agree that $20 a day is still a good price for more balanced mental health......just need to start spending less than that on Uber Eats and coffee!

My daughter is 17 and doing year 12 so it's a sh*t show, she's really extraverted and locked in and unmotivated. Her grades have dropped right down and she's starting to look like she could get a really bad ATAR and is behind in 2 subjects. She's pretty depressed about missing out on everything so it's all so pretty stressful, can't even get the hours up for her learners and looking like no formal or parties.

My son is year 9 and just doing absolute bare minimum with his online learning. He cracked the shits last year and went from a public school to a private so it's costing us heaps for him to do nothing which makes it even more painful.

The wife is finishing her psych degree and on placement so hasn't got up enough contact hours due to COVID and is struggling to motivate herself to finish her thesis too. Hopefully he Saints salute this year because so far 2020 has been a turd of a thing. It's pretty unhealthy pinning all your hopes to the club but that's never stopped me before. ;)

On a strange side note I have actually really enjoyed spending time with the kids, I've Benn getting them out to exercise with me and helping them with school work a lot more....might be why grades have dropped actually. I feel good knowing that things aren't far away from getting back to normal though.

That sounds tough man, you have a lot on your plate. I don’t know anyone who has kids thriving in lockdown, my wife’s nephew just point blank refuses to do it.

Fingers crossed we get keep getting lower restrictions are lifted soon and your daughter and son can get back to a normal life, must be really tough when she thrives better around people.

Hopefully you are able to find time to look after your own mental health too, sounds like you’re juggling a lot.

Never thought I would be this way but found in lockdown I’ve actually been really enjoying getting into the garden and sorting it out. Have renovated the back yard and planted a whole bunch of stuff. Prob because I can’t really go anywhere else.

I’m also pinning my hopes on Saints salvaging something from the train wreck that is 2020. Can’t ask for much more from them actually, finals was more than I thought we would get this year. I’m still too nervous to start thinking about Saturday though.

Last edited:

Ive found routine is important for me. I’m lucky that I live by myself so in some ways it might be easier to stick to it every day. Mentally,Im doing a range of things along the lines of meditation, positive thinking and mindfulness. I find that is more beneficial than anything. Still see my psych when I can though.
live got to point where it’s more maintenance than anything. I’ve learnt from experience that prevention is better than cure so I‘lol just keep doing it.
I have back issues too. its the same story there. My physio gave me exercises to do for a couple of minutes every morning. If I do them I’m fine, if I don’t, y lower back tightens up and everything goes with it.

Keep hanging in there. This year is challenging everyone to the max. You‘ll get through it.
Hopefully the Saints will give us all something to smile about tomorrow.

I had the same experience with Lexapro. It works in that it takes some of the black out of depression and the edge off anxiety. That leaves you with a sort of flat grey, which sums it up.
I had situational depression, so as I worked through that, I was able to get off it without huge trouble but still had to deal with scaled down symptoms.
Either on meds or not, building and maintaining mental strength is just so helpful. That can be a challenge sometimes. I find walks in nature really helpful to keep me in balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the same experience with Lexapro. It works in that it takes some of the black out of depression and the edge off anxiety. That leaves you with a sort of flat grey, which sums it up.
I had situational depression, so as I worked through that, I was able to get off it without huge trouble but still had to deal with scaled down symptoms.
Either on meds or not, building and maintaining mental strength is just so helpful. That can be a challenge sometimes. I find walks in nature really helpful to keep me in balance.
That’s my feelings as well. One of the things I started working on a few years ago was being more in control of my thoughts. It’s an ongoing process and I think it’s important to cut myself some some slack and realise that I won’t be able to change the habits and patterns of a lifetime overnight.
With working from home I’m able to get out and go for a walk more often and I’ve found that is very helpful.

Had Lexapro years ago when I was diagnosed and really didn't like it. Takes the edge off for sure but I'd go as far as to say it takes the entire edge off, it left me feeling completely air headed.

Not for everyone but I try and improve my mental health naturally. Exercising, eating well, meditating do it for me.

I'm building towards that and using CBD oil to hopefully help me balance out as I come off Lexapro. I don't feel I need it for the panic disorder I had and the general anxiety any more and although it's an anti-depressant, because I wasn't depressed before I feel it has made me a little depressed. But I think it's a whole bunch of stuff exacerbated by lockdown. Prior to this I was boxing 2-3 times a week before at a club and doing a lot of sparring, I miss that, have put a bit of weight on during lockdown and I think the intensity of that training helps to drain the body and mind of a lot of the anxiety stuff.

It's really quite hard to get off Lexapro without bad symptoms for me so going to really scale down slowly over the next 3-4 months.

Glad you have managed to get off the medication and use more natural methods, can't wait to get out for a walk in the Dandenong rangers once the restrictions lift.

Ive found routine is important for me. I’m lucky that I live by myself so in some ways it might be easier to stick to it every day. Mentally,Im doing a range of things along the lines of meditation, positive thinking and mindfulness. I find that is more beneficial than anything. Still see my psych when I can though.
live got to point where it’s more maintenance than anything. I’ve learnt from experience that prevention is better than cure so I‘lol just keep doing it.
I have back issues too. its the same story there. My physio gave me exercises to do for a couple of minutes every morning. If I do them I’m fine, if I don’t, y lower back tightens up and everything goes with it.

Keep hanging in there. This year is challenging everyone to the max. You‘ll get through it.
Hopefully the Saints will give us all something to smile about tomorrow.

Thanks mate.

That's really great to hear and gives me a lot of optimism to read the posts of people dealing with this through mindfulness and non chemical ways. Really glad you've managed to get through it that way. I need to get back in touch with my psych. It's funny the stigma with these issues, I am happy to see my chiropractor for maintenance but mental health maintenance is more difficult to do somehow.

Saints form definitely helping!

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

That's really great to hear and gives me a lot of optimism to read the posts of people dealing with this through mindfulness and non chemical ways. Really glad you've managed to get through it that way. I need to get back in touch with my psych. It's funny the stigma with these issues, I am happy to see my chiropractor for maintenance but mental health maintenance is more difficult to do somehow.
In some ways the hardest thing for me was making the first appointment with be counsellor and my GP.
After that it was telling friends and people I worked with. Every one of them was supportive and I was amazed how many had experienced similar things.
Just keep working on it and do the best you can in each moment.
All the best.

I'm building towards that and using CBD oil to hopefully help me balance out as I come off Lexapro. I don't feel I need it for the panic disorder I had and the general anxiety any more and although it's an anti-depressant, because I wasn't depressed before I feel it has made me a little depressed. But I think it's a whole bunch of stuff exacerbated by lockdown. Prior to this I was boxing 2-3 times a week before at a club and doing a lot of sparring, I miss that, have put a bit of weight on during lockdown and I think the intensity of that training helps to drain the body and mind of a lot of the anxiety stuff.

It's really quite hard to get off Lexapro without bad symptoms for me so going to really scale down slowly over the next 3-4 months.

Glad you have managed to get off the medication and use more natural methods, can't wait to get out for a walk in the Dandenong rangers once the restrictions lift.
As you know hasten slowly. If I get just one inkling of a suicidal thought, I’m straight back on!
You guys have done it tough with covid19. I hate being restricted and would have really struggled. The initial lockdown here shook me but they left open the National Park that’s nearby, so I was able to keep going there. Hopefully, our luck holds and you guys are off the hook soon.
I lived near the Dandenongs for years. I’d walk a lot of the tracks when I could. Beautiful spot.
Following footy is one of the great paradoxes. Great diversion and some wonderful lessons in the way professionals approach it. The main one being you can only control certain things and that’s where the focus should go. As a supporter you control SFA except your own reactions and when there’s emotional investment that can be difficult. There’s no way I could indulge the cataclysmic thinking of some of us on match day, I’d be wrecked for weeks😊.

As you know hasten slowly. If I get just one inkling of a suicidal thought, I’m straight back on!
You guys have done it tough with covid19. I hate being restricted and would have really struggled. The initial lockdown here shook me but they left open the National Park that’s nearby, so I was able to keep going there. Hopefully, our luck holds and you guys are off the hook soon.
I lived near the Dandenongs for years. I’d walk a lot of the tracks when I could. Beautiful spot.
Following footy is one of the great paradoxes. Great diversion and some wonderful lessons in the way professionals approach it. The main one being you can only control certain things and that’s where the focus should go. As a supporter you control SFA except your own reactions and when there’s emotional investment that can be difficult. There’s no way I could indulge the cataclysmic thinking of some of us on match day, I’d be wrecked for weeks😊.
One of the keys is to get in early. Learn to recognise signals and symptoms and respond to them as early as possible. If you need to go back to meds, or your counsellor, or talk to a friend, or take a day off work, do it. Do whatever works for you.
Being around nature works wonders for me to. Even a short walk through a park.

After much soul searching I’ve reached the conclusion that my mental health is better served by taking a long/permanent break from BF.
It has been a privilege to ‘meet’ some fantastic individuals here and I wish you all the best in the future.
I will keep the account open and I will be very happy to receive PM’s should you want to contact me. I won’t be responding here.
All the best and many thanks to those that made me feel so welcome.

After much soul searching I’ve reached the conclusion that my mental health is better served by taking a long/permanent break from BF.
It has been a privilege to ‘meet’ some fantastic individuals here and I wish you all the best in the future.
I will keep the account open and I will be very happy to receive PM’s should you want to contact me. I won’t be responding here.
All the best and many thanks to those that made me feel so welcome.

That's a shame St Muir. You can always reconsider later, I've had a break and come back. For what it's worth I thought your opinion on Parks was pretty valid, it would be a shame if that pushed you out for having an opinion that was different to others. It's a good reminder to all of us not to be too heavy in pushing our opinions when we don't agree with other posters. A lot of the time you get other posters on your side but they don't step up to back you up. Any way, if you reconsider at some point we'd love you to stay involved and giving your opinions. Diversity of ideas is a good thing.

So , on another thread on here I mentioned that I lost the plot and had to take a break from here due to my mental problems. I have just read that St Muir has had a similar issue . I hope he eventually recovers enough to come back but I know it’s hard . Honestly there was a time that I swore to my wife that I could never face being back on here again . Yes I had been in a minor argument with a few people but nothing more than usual . Then I lashed out at who ever does the tweets on twitter with no real reason to . For anyone I might have upset during that period I apologise.

It is not surprising that something like this happened to me , in fact it’s really surprising that I lasted so long before it happened.

I’m bringing this up because of football . I worry for Jack Steven . He is someone who always loved his footy but mental issues can affect anyone . I just hope that now he has retired from AFL he will have the support he needs to continue on with his life .

For myself I have realised that there will be times when I need to step back and recover my thoughts and my sanity . Who knows what the future will bring .

This thread needs to continue, not for me , but for others who might start going through issues for the first time . It’s good to know you aren’t the only one out there . Plus there has been lots of support from people on this site for me in the past and I’m sure that support will be there for anyone who needs it .

If you are having issues never assume that it’s nothing much or that you aren’t as bad as what you read others are . Any mental issue is important and worth talking to someone about no matter how minor it might seem at the start because these things build and build .

Finally if you feel someone on here is having issues then please reach out to them anyway you can . Sometimes just knowing someone cares makes all the difference.

Thank you for your time .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I just thought I would do an update about how I’m feeling . Not sure if anyone still reads this thread but I have to admit there are times I read other comments just to remind myself that I’m not alone . As we have seen around the world with sports people and tv stars etc that mental illness can affect anyone .
what has been annoying me recently is politicians who have been caught out doing something wrong and immediately claim time of for mental issues and you know it’s just so they can avoid answering questions until the scandal dies over . This puts all of the people who really have mental issues to feel like they are being used .
When I was first diagnosed with depression after an unsuccessful suicide attempt I starting seeing a shrink and he gave me a note for work saying I needed at least three weeks off work . I dropped into work and gave the certificate to my boss who said they don’t accept certificates from shrinks as they don’t accept them as doctors . Keep in mind that we were owned by Wesley Central Mission , a charity , but they wouldn’t accept a note from a psychiatrist as proof I needed time off to recover and get sorted out . I actually had to go to my GP with my note from the shrink to get a certificate from him . Then they accepted it but I had to use up my long service leave otherwise they wouldn’t pay me because I didn’t have enough sick days to cover the time .

So I was trying to deal with all this while I was totally depressed and almost suicidal still . If we had a Union at work it would have made it easier but unfortunately other workers were overpaid so they didn’t want the Union to get involved. I was the only one who wanted and needed the Union .

Anyway , I’ve got way off what I was going to say which is I hope everyone is doing ok at the moment. We have had a terrible year with Covid and restrictions. For myself I know I have retreated even further into my house and rarely see anyone apart from my wife and various doctors .
Yes there are times I can’t see the point in going on but I have been trying to battle through those thoughts .

Obviously having the footy to follow helps , even when we lose lol .
I try to stay positive on the site as much as possible no matter how bad the game might have been . It’s the only way I have of dealing with my fear of heading back down the path of depression which is never far away .

I guess I’ve rambled on for too long tonight but sometimes it just helps to get things of your mind even if no one reads this thread anymore .

I have often thought of asking if those who are suffering like me want to meet up quietly for a drink somewhere to share stories and encourage each other to get through things . But I think I’m scared that I wouldn’t be able to go through with it . Besides we live all over the place . Buts it’s a nice thought anyway .
ok everyone take care and look after yourself .

So I just thought I would do an update about how I’m feeling . Not sure if anyone still reads this thread but I have to admit there are times I read other comments just to remind myself that I’m not alone . As we have seen around the world with sports people and tv stars etc that mental illness can affect anyone .
what has been annoying me recently is politicians who have been caught out doing something wrong and immediately claim time of for mental issues and you know it’s just so they can avoid answering questions until the scandal dies over . This puts all of the people who really have mental issues to feel like they are being used .
When I was first diagnosed with depression after an unsuccessful suicide attempt I starting seeing a shrink and he gave me a note for work saying I needed at least three weeks off work . I dropped into work and gave the certificate to my boss who said they don’t accept certificates from shrinks as they don’t accept them as doctors . Keep in mind that we were owned by Wesley Central Mission , a charity , but they wouldn’t accept a note from a psychiatrist as proof I needed time off to recover and get sorted out . I actually had to go to my GP with my note from the shrink to get a certificate from him . Then they accepted it but I had to use up my long service leave otherwise they wouldn’t pay me because I didn’t have enough sick days to cover the time .

So I was trying to deal with all this while I was totally depressed and almost suicidal still . If we had a Union at work it would have made it easier but unfortunately other workers were overpaid so they didn’t want the Union to get involved. I was the only one who wanted and needed the Union .

Anyway , I’ve got way off what I was going to say which is I hope everyone is doing ok at the moment. We have had a terrible year with Covid and restrictions. For myself I know I have retreated even further into my house and rarely see anyone apart from my wife and various doctors .
Yes there are times I can’t see the point in going on but I have been trying to battle through those thoughts .

Obviously having the footy to follow helps , even when we lose lol .
I try to stay positive on the site as much as possible no matter how bad the game might have been . It’s the only way I have of dealing with my fear of heading back down the path of depression which is never far away .

I guess I’ve rambled on for too long tonight but sometimes it just helps to get things of your mind even if no one reads this thread anymore .

I have often thought of asking if those who are suffering like me want to meet up quietly for a drink somewhere to share stories and encourage each other to get through things . But I think I’m scared that I wouldn’t be able to go through with it . Besides we live all over the place . Buts it’s a nice thought anyway .
ok everyone take care and look after yourself .
Good to hear from you BT. I keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone has added to it.
I live on my own, which is ok because as a highly sensitive I need a lot of time to myself.
I think covid taught me to focus on what I can do and what I do have. I got to know the people in the local cafes and used them as a point of connection.
It's an ongoing thing though. I keep seeing my psych and doing little things that help because I know it hasn't gone away.
My niece had severe issues with depression in her teens but has been doing really well for the last few years. A couple of weeks ago she was in hospital again after self harming.
It's an ongoing thing and we are all doing our best. Keep hanging in there mate. If anyone wants to catch up let's see what we can arrange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back