Stuart Fox leaves and the search for a replacement CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that website is full of s**t and the author is anonymous, about as good a source as that cats fan
I rest my case on Betts here if this is true & came out of his mouth verbatim.
He's a frickin sook if he can't handle the niggling Stratts has given him over the years!
See the dislike now among opposition supporters.

According to Caro Bains is definitely out, list is down to two unamed candidates and the position will be filled by the end of the month.

Wonder who will get the gig

Because positions must be taken, I'll go for outside football, overseas, sporting experience. A GM from an English soccer club or American baseball.

I actually think the candidate must be an Australian, given the strength of the old boys network in Aussie Rules. Unless this person is of extraordinary calibre and the opportunity to lead a club in Australia appeals for one reason or another. So I'll go with that.

We should start betting pool.

According to Fox Sports the two candidates are Steve Rosich (Fremantle CEO) and Tim Silvers.
According to Dale Alcock, Rosich will not be leaving Freo.

& to be honest, has he really achieved much ?
Freo aren't exactly a world beating club on or off the field

Look I don't really know much about this whole situation. But hasn't it been a while since Fox left? Why is it so hard to fill the position of CEO of the most successful AFL club? Why are CEOs from these minnow clubs rejecting us?

According to Fox Sports the two candidates are Steve Rosich (Fremantle CEO) and Tim Silvers.

Dang. Glad we didn't start a betting pool. I'd be busted already.

If it's Tim Silvers, how long will it be before the media run with the headline "Silvers' Circus" at the first sign of trouble :rolleyes:

I should have kept with my first instinct, that being an internal appointment. I had said that with all the turnover in the last few years Hawthorn had always promoted from within so there was a good chance of the same with this role. But then I went all crazy and lost my money.

According to Dale Alcock, Rosich will not be leaving Freo.

& to be honest, has he really achieved much ?
Freo aren't exactly a world beating club on or off the field

I think Rosich has been targeted because Freo just moved in to a brand new world class facility in the Perth (you should actually google it, it's quite impressive) and the board feel like Rosich can help the club with our planned move to Dingley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should have kept with my first instinct, that being an internal appointment. I had said that with all the turnover in the last few years Hawthorn had always promoted from within so there was a good chance of the same with this role. But then I went all crazy and lost my money.

Ah well, always stick with your first thought - unless it's wrong.

My money (if I had any) would be on the internal candidate. It's like with the AFL CEOs; they always go through a process etc. But seem to end up appointing the internal candidate anyway.

As you mentioned it might help stability a bit, and obviously Silvers (or any internal candidate) knows more about how the organisation works.

Because positions must be taken, I'll go for outside football, overseas, sporting experience. A GM from an English soccer club or American baseball.

I actually think the candidate must be an Australian, given the strength of the old boys network in Aussie Rules. Unless this person is of extraordinary calibre and the opportunity to lead a club in Australia appeals for one reason or another. So I'll go with that.

We should start betting pool.
A betting pool Tyrone are you in?

I think Rosich has been targeted because Freo just moved in to a brand new world class facility in the Perth (you should actually google it, it's quite impressive) and the board feel like Rosich can help the club with our planned move to Dingley.
I don't need to google it
I live in Perth.
I don't see him as someone I want running our club. I haven't seen anything to suggest he's worthy. As I said, Freo aren't exactly a world beating club on or off field & as far as I'm concerned the right attitude starts at the top.

uninspiring choice

I think most are overstating the importance of a CEO.

He needs a modicum of business sense, the ability to read accounting reports and to be able to get the best out of the people working for him.
And to be able to make a reasonable speech.

That is all.

I think most are overstating the importance of a CEO.

He needs a modicum of business sense, the ability to read accounting reports and to be able to get the best out of the people working for him.
And to be able to make a reasonable speech.

That is all.
wow

You realise they are often a prime driver of increasing revenue?

and that we need to pay for dingleyland, FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS?

this is incredibly important

Remove this Banner Ad

Back