2nds Stuffed Scorpions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, my opinion of this is short term pain for long term gain. Sucks for casey but the club running their own reserves team and having their brand even further established in Casey would be a great thing for the club long term. Bring on the Casey Demons imo.

Yep, my opinion of this is short term pain for long term gain. Sucks for casey but the club running their own reserves team and having their brand even further established in Casey would be a great thing for the club long term. Bring on the Casey Demons imo.
Pretty much. Having your own VFL club is seen as an inevitability for the future if you want to have any success. May as well get onboard now and reap the benefits earlier than some of the other clubs. This is one of those few chances to get a competitive edge over several other teams. Best of all, if we take over the Sorpions, we won't lose all the investment we've put into the Casey area. It would really suck to have to align ourselves to another VFL club in a different area and suddenly pull out of the Casey area. It would make a mockery of our whole "commitment to the City of Casey" philosophy and would alienate them too. We need to stick this through at Casey because it's the only place where growth with the younger demographic is happening.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...3806619?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RAAAAAAAGE. Terrible journalism once again. When was it ever suggested that the alignment was part of the problem, or that it was in danger of surviving? Get it together HUN.

Freedom of the press has swung way too far in the other direction. Now opinions and hyperbole are presented as news. People are not discriminating enough to find out the veracity of what they read. I'd like to see some laws brought in the strengthen journalistic integrity because at present, there is none.

Anyone have an idea how much we are currently paying for the alligned arrangement?
I think it's about 250k to the Scorpions. 400-500k to run a stand alone club.

Freedom of the press has swung way too far in the other direction. Now opinions and hyperbole are presented as news. People are not discriminating enough to find out the veracity of what they read. I'd like to see some laws brought in the strengthen journalistic integrity because at present, there is none.

No need for any regulation at all, they have ruthlessly enforced internal guidelines :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back