Stupid goddamn burnman idiotic trades 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the benefit of hindsight, I'd nominate anyone who traded in Brodie Grundy this week.

He's strung together 3 great scores and he might have suddenly morphed into the greatest ruckman SC has seen, but chances are it's a purple patch and he'll revert to his normal scoring pattern ... a pattern that's never seen him average 100 for a season and one that prior to the last 3 weeks had only seen him get into the 120s 3 times in his career. Paying the price of an elite midfielder to trade him in is lunacy

Without the benefit of hindsight, I'd nominate anyone who traded in Brodie Grundy this week.

He's strung together 3 great scores and he might have suddenly morphed into the greatest ruckman SC has seen, but chances are it's a purple patch and he'll revert to his normal scoring pattern ... a pattern that's never seen him average 100 for a season and one that prior to the last 3 weeks had only seen him get into the 120s 3 times in his career. Paying the price of an elite midfielder to trade him in is lunacy

the way he's playing at the moment he is an elite midfielder. he just happens to take the hitouts as well.
im pretty sure something similar was said about Kreuzer last year when he started to light it up.

Grundy is the second coming of Cox.
I reckon he ends top 2 ruck and backs it up next year. Can't see him go sub 90 for the rest of the year to end up on a 100 average.
115 looks about right to me.
I'll be looking to upgrade Lycett to him after his bye.

Think you can lock him and Gawn into your rucks for the next few years.
NicNat and maybe Nank the next best options untill the new batch arrive.

Grundy is the second coming of Cox.
I reckon he ends top 2 ruck and backs it up next year. Can't see him go sub 90 for the rest of the year to end up on a 100 average.
115 looks about right to me.
I'll be looking to upgrade Lycett to him after his bye.

Think you can lock him and Gawn into your rucks for the next few years.
NicNat and maybe Nank the next best options untill the new batch arrive.
I'll give you a like for all but the first line of that because I'm sure you wouldn't have said that 3 weeks ago :)
As I said, he *might* have suddenly matured into a gun ruckman. He's certainly the right age. I just feel paying over $600k to find out on the evidence of just 3 games is fraught with danger.

With those last 3 results already in his season total he would only need to score at last year's average from now on to end this season with an average of over 103 so I agree he should average over 100 for the season. Of course those trading him in now don't get those last 3 scores. We'll know if it was a wise trade or not by the byes. What he does today will only be evidence and nothing definitive. We all know not to judge the worth of a trade on one performance ... I hope.

the way he's playing at the moment he is an elite midfielder. he just happens to take the hitouts as well.
im pretty sure something similar was said about Kreuzer last year when he started to light it up.
Grundy has dominated DT the last two years, surely that form transitions over to SC sooner rather than later providing he improves his DE/CP output and wins more HTAs.

Stoopid burnman.
Rage traded Billings out last week, bought in Maclean.
Petracca out, with Fritz, Garlet and Fogarty all in my forward line.

Looks like I'm bringing Billings back.
are you that desperate to win this award?
there's got to be a better option.

are you that desperate to win this award?
there's got to be a better option.
Ok so I just slapped myself in the face and snapped out of that. Guelfi and Higgins in for Banfield and Garlett. Nets me enough dosh to pick up Dangerfield in a week and time to grab Matt Crouch on the cheap in 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoopid burnman.
Rage traded Billings out last week, bought in Maclean.
Petracca out, with Fritz, Garlet and Fogarty all in my forward line.

Looks like I'm bringing Billings back.

giphy.gif

23 yo. Perfect age profile for a big man to break out. I traded him in this week and have no regrets. Traded out Nank. Netted me 40 points and got me over the line in tragics against enobrien . He's an absolute beast and his work around the ground is amazing.

23 yo. Perfect age profile for a big man to break out. I traded him in this week and have no regrets. Traded out Nank. Netted me 40 points and got me over the line in tragics against enobrien . He's an absolute beast and his work around the ground is amazing.
Hey man, I was having a good Friday y'know heading into the weekend. Don't remind me of last weeks loss yeah?

DOG!

Turned 24yo recently which makes him even more the perfect age to break out, which he could do ... as I conceded in my last post on the subject :)

Over 1700 have traded Franklin > Higgins.
I guess it could well be part of a rookie > premo trade, effectively trading in a new premo for the injured Buddy, but it looks awful at face value.
Yep, first part is Franklin to Higgins/Guelfi/ZGL. Second part is rookie to premo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back