Society/Culture Stupid things rich people say

Remove this Banner Ad

you seriously think the median wage is a good place to start for working out rich?

someone earning $600 a week isn't going to consider someone on $1k rich, just a bit better off than themselves

Couple earning $50k each bring home more than a single income family where one person is bringing home $100k

$2k per week is $104k a year, even if you are talking after tax you are talking $145k which isn't even the top tax bracket
what do incomes have to do with being rich in this country anymore? wealth is determined by asset ownership nowadays and that depends on how old you are, where you live, how much you gambled on property 10-30 years ago and who your parents are. not your income.

Last edited:
what do incomes have to do with being rich in this country anymore? wealth is determined be asset ownership nowadays and that depends on how old you are, where you live, how much you gambled on property 10-30 years ago and who your parents are. not your income.
Didn't actually read my post or the one I was replying to did you

Musk does seem like a bit of a w***er, based on the brief snippets I've seen over the past few years anyway.

Musk is an attention seeking tosser. No one at the rescue site asked for a mini-submarine to be flown in. It was totally useless for the operation required. And when he is called on his bullshit he starts calling people 'pedo-guy'. Pretty much like his chocolate teapot batteries in South Australia and his rockets that explode.

Musk is an attention seeking tosser. No one at the rescue site asked for a mini-submarine to be flown in. It was totally useless for the operation required. And when he is called on his bullshit he starts calling people 'pedo-guy'. Pretty much like his chocolate teapot batteries in South Australia and his rockets that explode.

Musk' been known to date women half his age too..seems like a ***** to be honest, looking to cash-in on a near tragedy.

Musk' been known to date women half his age too..seems like a ******** to be honest, looking to cash-in on a near tragedy.

It's probably the real underlying purpose of gathering wealth. But some rich people like to think their motivation is philanthropy.

Apparently Tesla’s shares have plummeted on the back of Musk’s comments, $2B wiped off the market value. This is the problem with getting rich off SJWism, Trump could Twitter that a national hero is a s**t-for-brains and will still be getting the Russian engineered vote but the same thing doesn’t work for people who pretend they care (like building a submarine to “help the children”) so they can get many many munnys.

Since musk insists that travelling to mars needs human adventurers (even though everyone else uses robot proxies) but humans drivers here on earth should be replaced by robots : I already thought he was a tosser. Albeit one who can generate his own wealth by self promotion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if a Brit guy who lives permanently in Thailand is generalised as a Pedo. What would Musk generalise one who now lives in Australia?

Or someone who needs billions of dollars just to get through their life yet states they are a humanitarian.

Or someone who needs billions of dollars just to get through their life yet states they are a humanitarian.

Here’s another philosophical question that you won’t find printed on the back of a Cornflakes box;

Which is worse?

1) A person who everyone knows is just out there to make heaps of cash and doesn’t pretend at philanthropy
2) A person who everyone knows is just out there to make heaps of cash but who pretends they are philanthropic
3) A person who pretends they are not out there to make heaps of cash and who also pretends they are philanthropic (and have heaps of cash)
4) A person who uses their position of power and influence to deride a person who helped rescue children, who also pretends they are a humanitarian

I find the worst part is Musk demanding they show him video of how the rescue happened. Here’s a clue musk old boy they were doing a rescue not making a promotional film.

Just because you blow in with some kit you just can’t demand that. This is why business people make lousy public leaders (hello Turnbull, trump, bailleu)

Beginning to worry for the SA govts involvement with him, how long before he’s dissing them?

I find the worst part is Musk demanding they show him video of how the rescue happened. Here’s a clue musk old boy they were doing a rescue not making a promotional film.

Just because you blow in with some kit you just can’t demand that. This is why business people make lousy public leaders (hello Turnbull, trump, bailleu)

Beginning to worry for the SA govts involvement with him, how long before he’s dissing them?

You have the truth of it. Rich people don’t get rich by being humane or having empathy. Quite the opposite.

If I wanted to organise an event whereby Rottweilers maul small bunnies, the first thing I’ll do is call a rich person. I’d call Elon Musk, but he’ll say, “Awesome, I wish I thought of that. Yeah no worries and I’ll empty an oil tanker over a coral reef hosting some refugees as well, but it will cost you $1.3M”

So then I’ll go to Al Gore, and he’ll say “Hyuk Hyuk, that’s a great idea, let’s also burn a few tonnes of anthracite so people in aeroplanes flying over can also witness the event, but it will cost you $1.0M”

Then I’ll go to Trump, and he’ll say “I already done that for free last week. But if you can include The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution in the mauling I can do this. But it’ll cost you $50K”

So then I’ll go to The Chemically Imbalanced Prime Minister of Australia in Malcolm Turnbull, and he’d say, “Yep I can do this! Sounds fun! But I’m humane, so I’d ask for the rabbits to be replaced by Australian citizens. And then... it’s going to cost you... it’s going to cost you a lot! 50 cents!!!”

100 likes if i could.

kniob.

Every time he stuffs up re production numbers, he pullls out "look over there" eg boring tunnels etc.

Im prettty sure the Germans will crush him with their electric car push.

100 likes if i could.

kniob.

Every time he stuffs up re production numbers, he pullls out "look over there" eg boring tunnels etc.

Im prettty sure the Germans will crush him with their electric car push.

What will happen in modern western competitive capitalism is when competition appears they will try to buy out the competition / IP, or ensure the competition is policied etc out by their Gubmint buddies, or pay some guys to “visit” the competition, or find out some “intel” on the competition, or collude with the competition etc etc rather than do what they pretend they do and that is, compete against the competition, leading to better products at competitive prices.

That’s why most goods/services today aren’t as good as they should be. Some hack could invent a taxi ride system in their garage and disrupt the whole taxi business.

I think you might be the tosser..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back