Stupid things that pop divas do...

Remove this Banner Ad

you_idiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2002
Bacchus Marsh, VIC
Other Teams
The mighty Geelong Cats!
From the cnn.com site, via Entertainment Daily...

Celine Dion parody pulled

QUEBEC CITY, Quebec (Reuters) -- Canadian pop diva Celine Dion doesn't like mockery, or maybe it's her husband and manager Rene Angelil.

Angelil sent a notice of claim to a popular Montreal-based radio station, demanding it stop playing a parody of Dion's song "I'm Alive," in which the singer is called, among other things, "annoying."

The radio station claims it was only trying to be funny, but Angelil wasn't amused. "They took off her voice and invented vulgar lyrics. It's unacceptable," he told reporters Thursday, saying copyright law prevented such unauthorized use of a recording.

The Dion parody was withdrawn Thursday.

If this were really and truly the case, then Weird Al Yankovic REALLY would be the Unabomber. :confused:

Wouldn't be surprised if Celine Dion had a tantrum and is hiding behind her hubby/manager as a talking head.

Celine, babe, you're a public figure, and therefore open for scrutiny. Petulant displays stereotypical of pop divas make you even moreso open for criticism.

If you can't take the heat, etc. etc. etc....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No wonder I prefer to listen to rock and roll. :D

Cheers,
William

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
Stupid things that pop divas do...

.. go into recording studios.

Or even worse, talk after they've been in a recording studio.

Case in point, Mariah Carey ... amongst many others! :p

Was flicking through the channels on Fox and saw Alicia Keys on Top of the Pops. Talk about stupid, not only was she miming terribly but she was also pretending to play the piano terribly.

At once stage she was just prancing her hands on random keys of the piano like a young child would, does she even know how to play the piano?

Originally posted by Zombie
Was flicking through the channels on Fox and saw Alicia Keys on Top of the Pops. Talk about stupid, not only was she miming terribly but she was also pretending to play the piano terribly.

At once stage she was just prancing her hands on random keys of the piano like a young child would, does she even know how to play the piano?

Lipsyncing is something divas do a lot, and then try to defend it with a petulant display.

Worst example I've ever seen first-hand was at MLS Cup '99 back near Boston, where Christina Aguilera was the halftime entertainment. She was on for ten minutes, obviously lipsynced her act, and then was heard to say backstage, "How can they tell me what to do or how long I can perform?", or words to that effect. "Why, these fans are here to see me!", or so I heard from a qualified source.

No, Christina... they didn't come to Foxboro Stadium to see you. They came to see a championship soccer match. :rolleyes:

Having been there to cover that game, all I can say is that I felt sorry for Major League Soccer, for having promoted her appearance at MLS Cup '99 to the hilt in the run-up to the event. I've been soured on these "teen pop idols" ever since.

I guess if you have to lipsync and pantomime your act, then maybe you have no real talent to display in the first place...

Cheers,
William

" i love all of my overseas fans, especially those here in canada..'' - britney... and the ocean between the US and Canada that only only miss spears knows about would be where?

Originally posted by Zombie

I'm not 100% definite on this, but I'm pretty sure Top of the Pops prefers their acts to lipsynch so it sounds exactly like it does when the artist releases the single.

Yeah, Alicia Keys can play - did anyone see her sing at the Grammys? She's got a lot of talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back