Status
Not open for further replies.

B0ydmoan

All Australian
Jun 6, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pittard is a certainty to return.
Because he's learnt his lesson or is too good to leave in the sanfl?

Just wondering how dropping a rebounding defender against the wooden spoon team is going to be the solution to running him into form.

I have no problem with him being dropped, just don't understand why that player would be recalled after being a _reasonable_ defender in a losing team

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
They weren't a basket case when I was growing up, in fact they were all but unbeatable. The 1966 result which btw is seared onto
my hard drive was the beginning of the ruination of my teenage years. It didn't help living in the area. Some-one put up crowd figures
from the 60's and there's a fair chance I was there. The games then were obviously well attended and without the hostility towards us.
A healthy respect for Port and a scalp highly treasured but none of this real nastiness I now see and hear too often.
Happy days ;)

Powerstream

Debutant
Jan 21, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can't work out who Chook is but I'm going to say no to all 4 names you gave. Pittard, Eddy, Lobbe, Toumpas, Irra all offered something IMO. Our depth today looked as shallow as the Kalangadoo gene pool.
Eddy was the only one deserving of a mention today. Irra was awfull, Pittard average, Lobbe was carved up by a B grader and Toumpas cooked it all day. Sturt played structured well organised football, our mob were a rabble. Typical selfish performance after an easy win against West. Where were all the big stat players from last week? Nowhere to be found!! What I witnessed today was players looking out for themselves and not the team.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyway, it's been a hoot reading through the education some "recent" supporters have been given as to some SANFL history, well done to those who know the proud history between Sturt and The Magpies (RIP).
My favourite part was someone wanting Lienert to rip Sturt a new one when it was actually an ex Doggies/Power player that ripped Port Power reserves a new one.
Sammy's best game for us yet. His Sturt supporting grandparents would be proud.
Beard, Kirkwood, Hoon. Really using that #grassroots development cash wisely.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
How did Summerton play?

It is pathetic how you lot get excited about beating our second team with one hand tied behind our backs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
One hand tied behind your backs?
-You've got free range of the AFL draft.
-You're not bound by a salary cap.
-You're not penalised if you break the salary cap.
-You are allowed to break the salary cap every week 10 fold +.
-You don't have to pay transfer fees for SANFL players.
-You've got a full squad of full time footballers.

Yet you bitch about Summerton?
You discredit yourself, I hope your myopia gets better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papa G

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The same way any Power supporter who barracks for another SANFL team does.

images (7).jpg

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Are you happy with Beard and Kirkwood?
Yep, Kirky is a great sliding doors for Summerton if he had taken Sturts offer a couple of years ago....dual magarey and premiership skipper. Beard is having his best year so far, met his dad while I was working on The Eyre Pen. a while ago, good bloke.
We've got a great midfield core unit with Kirkby, Riley, Battersby and a few others rolling through.
Safe to say Kirky was about to go to the VFL when the reserves issue came up but Beardy told him how good it was at Sturt, the rest is ongoing history.

woffy

All Australian
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
.....over a month ago we moved Frampton into the ruck, immediately our midfield dominated, atley palmer young ahchee geezus even Hewitt had huge games, we smashed everyone in there... Frampton was getting 10 - 15 marks, sometimes over 20 touches, was a force all over the ground. so what do our dopey campaigners do... put proven failure lobbe back in there for three quarters and Frampton to Chb... what a ******* joke, what fkwit thinks that is a good idea... well today we got what we deserved, destroyed in the middle, unable to stop them down back.
Atley 12 touches today, wonder why, their midfielders all had huge games, wonder why...

Last week Frampton had 38 hitouts, 24 touches 8 marks, 5 tackles... Yeah let's move that aside for lobbe... Ha run by idiots
Can't work that out! Perhaps Billy was putting too much pressure on Jacko's spot?

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Papa McNuggets!!!! You're alive!
Mate, I've got three mates that are all Norwood supporters and follow Port Power, they all don't like the current set up. Understand?
It goes both ways.
There's no such thing as port power.. it's port adelaide... they support port adelaide.. its glorious....

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep, Kirky is a great sliding doors for Summerton if he had taken Sturts offer a couple of years ago....dual magarey and premiership skipper. Beard is having his best year so far, met his dad while I was working on The Eyre Pen. a while ago, good bloke.
We've got a great midfield core unit with Kirkby, Riley, Battersby and a few others rolling through.
Safe to say Kirky was about to go to the VFL when the reserves issue came up but Beardy told him how good it was at Sturt, the rest is ongoing history.
It was a sarcastic comment but thanks for their and your bio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back