2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 17 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? What a fix? Marshall has played more SANFL games this year?

How does that even work??

Marshall has qualified for sanfl finals having played more sanfl games and three after June 30 (thanks to Ben Nelson the piss weak cheat) but if he plays against Freo next week, the sanfl finals begin the week after when the afl have the bye week, which means that Marshall hasn't been omitted, thus he won't be able to play that first sanfl final. I'm pretty sure I am right and that it has happened in previous years.

Marshall has qualified for sanfl finals having played more sanfl games and three after June 30 (thanks to Ben Nelson the piss weak cheat) but if he plays against Freo next week, the sanfl finals begin the week after when the afl have the bye week, which means that Marshall hasn't been omitted, thus he won't be able to play that first sanfl final. I'm pretty sure I am right and that it has happened in previous years.
Any player who have already qualified cannot play against Freo, then.

Really? What a fix? Marshall has played more SANFL games this year?

How does that even work??
A guys on SA footy has said Marshall doesnt qualify as hes played more than 8 AFL games. There are 18 SANFL games so if you have played 8 or more AFL games you cant be said to have played more in the SANFL. Thats a farce if you ask me.

A guys on SA footy has said Marshall doesnt qualify as hes played more than 8 AFL games. There are 18 SANFL games so if you have played 8 or more AFL games you cant be said to have played more in the SANFL. Thats a farce if you ask me.

Marshall seems to have played SANFL most of the year? feels like it.

Hey it's all rigged, 1990 blah blah, Whicker would have it written in stone to make it as had as possible....

Marshall seems to have played SANFL most of the year? feels like it.

Hey it's all rigged, 1990 blah blah, Whicker would have it written in stone to make it as had as possible....
Marshall has played 11 SANFL games this year VS 9 in the AFL.

Yep and the guys on SAfooty is telling me that as there are only 18 sanfl matches 9 afl games means hes played 50/50 and does not qualify. Surely you could get a permit as thats crap.
Pretty clear cut, 11 SANFL games is clearly more than 9 AFL games. Typical of the SANFL, trying to argue 9 is more than 11.

No way we can get a permit, SANFL will screw us over at every opportunity, there is nothing they want less than port winning another SANFL premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is from 2017: https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-08-28/sanfl-finals-who-can-play

That's right. If the Power KO'd from the AFL finals race, the Magpies are only allowed to field AFL-listed players who:
  • Have played the majority of their season in the SANFL.
    • This means a player cannot have played an equal number of AFL to SANFL or more AFL than SANFL games.
    • For example, anyone who has played more than 8 AFL games is automatically disqualified from participating (There are 18 SANFL games, so anyone who plays 9 AFL games cannot be said to have played the majority of the season in the state league).
  • Have played three SANFL games after June 30.

I think the example there about 8 AFL games is wrong, as it doesn't take into account the two leagues starting at different times and byes etc.
If they wanted to cap the number of AFL games at eight (which, by the way, they could), they should have worded the rule accordingly!

The interpretation that "nine AFL games" means that a player have played half of the SANFL season in the AFL is ridiculously senseless. First of all, the SANFL season has 22 weeks. Half of it is NOT nine, but 11. They have FOUR byes. Any player with 10 AFL games would have played fewer weeks in the AFL than half of the SANFL season.

dm8ZKO9.png

eNEPiOK.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back