2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 3 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

16 touches between Visentini, Georgiades, Lycett, Scully and Hayes and 2 of them could play next week. Are they trying to force the selector to not pick them?

There is zero chance of 2 of them playing next week.

Georgy is injured, Scully is an embryo and the other 3 are ruckmen.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles
Lycett is cooked but celebrating injuries is pretty sad of you.

Hayes has pent most of the game forward, not in the ruck.

All the discussion post-Eagles game has been playing him in the ruck instead of Teakle.

3 possessions. Forward or ruck, that's not enough.

I'm sorry, how is that illogical. These blokes are picked as the best of the best, they train full time and have access to (theoretically) expert coaches and support staff. They also regularly play at a faster, tougher and more skilful level. They should be a s**t tonne better than some SANFL mug.

I think you’re both right in context.

I wouldn’t expect noodle-armed young talls to be default-superior to grizzled old star B-graders, and your Dimitri Toumpas/Zane Kirkwood/Jack Trengove types should comfortably show up 18/19yo mids, but by and large a full-time AFL-listed player of any description should be better than the weakest 5-6 guys on an SANFL team.

I'm saying if they run out of legs they had a chance to hold guys back - who knows who will get picked. Who would have thought Teakle would play a game in the AFL this year with Hinkley its anything goes and hope for the best. Owns the wins and losses are someone else fault.

St Kilda are playing right now by the way.

All the discussion post-Eagles game has been playing him in the ruck instead of Teakle.

3 possessions. Forward or ruck, that's not enough.
You can't be dominated the way Teakle was against Williams. No matter how banged up Lycett is, he would have knocked him over and held him so while Lycett would have a handful of touches at least Williams doesn't get 13 clearances.

We have no ruckmen up to playing against the Saints. Finlayson and Dixon are clearly our most effective ruck combination. That’s going to deprive our forward line for the rest of this year with Georgiades on the long term injury list.

Next week with Marshall, Dixon and Georgiades injured, we are going to look like a complete rabble in the ruck and forward of centre. Not sure how we compete - it will be like Sydney.

He arrived with ruck saviour Wes Fellowes
I thought Smallridge was from WA, there was a medium sized collingwood bloke who came to Alberton at about the same time as Fellowes, I can't remember his name but he was fairly solidly built and had a number 2 hair cut.
He played ok in mid season game against Hawthorn when we had about 6 - 8 regulars unavailable and went close to knocking them off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone at the ground enlighten us to what's happening with Sinn 8 touches 0 clearances is he playing full back?

Hasn’t played in the midfield the last 2 games

Is this when John Cahill was coaching Collingwood? Was there a half forward called Evans who followed John over to Collingwood?
No, Russell Ebert was the coach for the game against the hawks, from memory it would have been around 1985 or 86.
There was a Maggie half forward named Russell Evans who transferred to West Adelaide when Jack coached there, and I believe he was from Broken Hill.

I thought Smallridge was from WA, there was a medium sized collingwood bloke who came to Alberton at about the same time as Fellowes, I can't remember his name but he was fairly solidly built and had a number 2 hair cut.
He played ok in mid season game against Hawthorn when we had about 6 - 8 regulars unavailable and went close to knocking them off.
We played Hawthorn in 1985, Fellowes was here in 1991.
There was a guy from Collingwood in 1985 Mark Lawson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back