Suban

Remove this Banner Ad

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well, sometimes the trade market hots up. Nick Suban has been linked as a trade target: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-...es-as-likely-trade-target-for-victorian-clubs

Have a crack at his value... please try to keep a straight face.

I'll give my unbiased view point for posters to dissect and respond.

Nick Suban: A silky left footer who burst onto the scene in 2008 for the Fremantle Club. Has played 144 games and shown durability throughout his career. Breaks lines and burst out of packs, never getting caught with the ball. Has a raking left foot which he uses to perfection by banging it on the boot 60m+ and often to the advantage of our forwards. Has elite vision and when running into an open goal, you can just mark it down as a goal.

What others have said.

Nat Fyfe - "One of the best blockers in our team... I'd not have won the Brownlow if not for Suban".

Chris Masten - "Is a tasty player with delicious skills".

Bruce McAvaney - "Suban is like Cyril, but without the fanfare".

Random in a pub - "Boy that Suban impresses me more and more with each outing".

Anyway, where do the punters feel he's at.

I'd say pick 15, but is contracted so someone would probably have to part with their top 5 pick.

Will be sad to see him go, but I guess we'd reluctantly take a top 10 pick if push came to shove.

Wouldn't use our last pick in the rookie draft on him. In fact out of every player on an AFL list, I'd have him in the bottom 5.

Well he's contracted, sooooo you couldn't use your last pick in the rookie draft on him.

Bottom 5 in the whole AFL? I mean come on buddy I can easily think of more then 5 off the top of my head.

... ... that Richmond bloke... you know the one, really poor kick... there's that guy from Carlton or maybe it's Port... that guy who can't kick straight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone needs to sit down with him and explain he's not as fast and skilful as he thinks, how many times has he tried to run through a bunch of players and has gotten caught holding the ball. I've never seen anything like it.

Well this is a good old fashioned oxymoron.

If he's done it many times you'd have seen things like it when he did it previously.

Anyway, you're thinking late first rounder aren't you? I can read posters thoughts through the tone of their post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back