Browny 3:16

Senior List
Apr 21, 2002
Bahamas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle FC
With Glory Going down today Do you think this will affect our home ground advantage with teams fearing the trip to Subi?

I say No as Soccer is completely different sport.

Any THoughts?

Simply put, no.

On a different note, the Glory are bloody chokers. They choked this year and they choked the other time they played in the grand final when both times they were outright favourites. The pre-match talk from the coach did not help their cause. The coach claiming that the Glory were underdogs was just plain stupid and the added pressure from Connolly and Worsfold for the Glory to win (to improve Subiaco Oval's home ground advantage for teams coming from the east) did not help their cause. I would hate to be a passionate Glory supporter... it would be very frustrating, possible even more frustrating than being a Freo supporter in previous years... :rolleyes:
Imagine that, supporting a team which loses only one game in the home and away season, and then choking in the grand final...
Thank god soccer is not my sport, otherwise I would most likely be backing Perth Glory!! :p

Originally posted by Slax
Subi isn't that big an advantage, it's the travel which is the big killer of travelling sides.

The travel factor is exactly why there is a home ground advantage! Plus the fact that the Eagles were dominant there in the early-to-middle 90's and also the fact that this season, including pre-season, an interstate team is yet to win there!

Well done Freo, kept the record going. Now all WC has to do is beat Hawthorn next week..

We had a season to look forward to in 2000 aswell when we were 4 and 4 but then we died in the arse and ended up with 8 wins for the season. Can't see that happening this season though, the team of 2002 doesn't give in and with Leigh Brown patrolling the ground things are looking good.

Crowd participation has alot to do with freo's home ground advantage aswell and we have alot of players who don't mind winding up the crowd, which gives everyone a lift. And yes there is just under 25 000 of us!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back