Sublime skills

Remove this Banner Ad

Johanissen to Bonts prelim is as good as it gets. JJ disposal is hit or miss but reality is he breaks lines as opposed to some of the more prettier footballers mentioned
It is probably because he runs too fast to gain consistancy with his kicks

Steven and Danger arguably have the same issue. Great kicks but sometimes runs too fast for the kicking action

Obviously for the dogs it bob murphy :( and the bont is half decent.

And to add one to the past players, Lindsay Gilbee

Also reckon Joey Daniher is one of the best field kicks for a guy standing 200CMs ever. Very similar to Buddy just not as consistent but gets better every game he plays.
Daniher a great field kick, a monster kick when he wants the distance, prefers the snap shot in front of goal & is accurate with that. But his traditional goal kicking is crap at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have a few. Kelly, Whitfield are good off both feet. Even Zac Williams and Nathan Wilson are great kicks. Smokey for kicking skills is Adam Tomlinson. Not sure how he goes statistically but can make high risk kicks on both sides.

Whitfield has great........ evasion skills

This thread is as much about style as it is substance. Bontempelli is a future legend of the AFL and has great skills, but he moves like a baby giraffe.
I agree. Wheatley called it pretty well: 'he lopes'. He looks awkward when he runs. However he has a bullet left boot. 100% efficiency in the GF as a 21 year old, pretty amazing. Just a natural footballer.

Ben Reid, Jeremy Howe and Alex Fasolo are the 3 behind Pendles at Collingwood.

Daicos is the best overall kick I've seen play for Collingwood and IMO he's ahead of Jarman. He could kick a 65m torp goal from the centre, hit a chest with a well weighted drop punt or kick across his body or he could snag a goal from any angle under any pressure. Buckley is the best precision distance kick I've seen but didn't have the weighting of a Daicos or Jarman. Most of the currnet players have been mentioned. One from the recent past who hasn't been mentioned was Leon Davis. Could't get a kick in Grand Final to save himself but he went the whole of 2011 kicking out from FB without missing a target. Sam Mitchel on both feet is the best short/medium distance kick I've seen in a long time.

Akermanis either side of his body had supreme skills

Great call, his skills were phenomenal.

Nathan Brown is another one who comes to mind (Bulldogs / Richmond)

I actually forgot James Kelly too. I watched a lot of his kicking etc this year and just thought "yep, clearly not an Essendon player!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back